PDA

View Full Version : Ravens lose Scott to Jets; Lewis gone, too?

BlackGold4vr
02-27-2009, 11:20 AM
As if it weren’t bad enough to lose linebacker Bart Scott, now the Ravens are in serious jeopardy of losing free-agent linebacker Ray Lewis, too.

Sources close to Lewis were adamant Friday that one of the game’s greatest defensive players will not return to Baltimore and his career with the team is over.

For some reason, Lewis has been rubbed the wrong way in the lengthy negotiations that have occurred between he and the Ravens. Now, Lewis is determined to move on, even if there is no obvious suitor.

The Jets are expected to spend about $8 million per year on Scott, the Dallas Cowboys have insisted they will not be signing any high-profile free agents, and there are no other teams that, at the moment, jump out as potential landing spots for Lewis.

Thus, one of Lewis’ confidants was asked if it were possible that the Ravens now could change their linebacker’s mind. “Not if you knew Ray like I knew Ray,” was his response. He even mentioned retirement as a possibility ahead of returning to Baltimore and insisted it was not a negotiationg ploy. “That’s Ray,” the source said.

For now, Lewis plans to take a couple of days, ponder his plans and then come up with his gameplan. But his gameplan now does not include the Ravens, according to those who know him. Thus Baltimore could wind up losing Lewis to another team or retirement, Scott to the Jets, center Jason Brown to the Rams (Brown is scheduled to visit St. Louis) and cornerback Corey Ivy to the Jets.

Change came to this country in January and it looks like it’s coming to Baltimore as well.

Well now, that certainly changes the landscape for the Steelers doesn't it! Looks like we will have to reconsider the nature of our association......

:hehheh:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
I can't f'n stand Bart Scott, that guy is as a big a DB as Ray Lewis...Im glad we don't have to deal with his stupid trash talk & whining twice a year anymore. As for Ray Lewis, get his dumb dancing *** out of the AFCN too. If he doesn't go to the Jets he'll be a Cowboy.

ejsteeler
02-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Well now, that certainly changes the landscape for the Steelers doesn't it! Looks like we will have to reconsider the nature of our association......

:hehheh:

:lol:...ok Doc.....

Captcoolhand
02-27-2009, 12:36 PM
seems to me that their new coach wants his own players..........:dunno:

lloydfan4life
02-27-2009, 12:51 PM
......... We are going to sign Ray probally today Baltimore will be celebrating all night tonight!.......

Sounds like a quiet night in Baltimore! :lol:

Dean Denton
02-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Ray to the Jets. He loves Ryan, and the system.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Sounds like a quiet night in Baltimore! :lol:

:hehheh:Yep i said after free agency, the Rats would be in rebuilding mode, hey tim here's to u an the Rats:doublefinger::doublefinger::lol:

Sir Blitzelot
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Looks like that Baltimore defense will not be as dominating next season, :lol: too bad!

Dean Denton
02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Looks like that Baltimore defense will not be as dominating next season, :lol: too bad!they were soft anyways. look what we did to them three times. No it just gets thatmuch easier. That still have that bad *** DT though...

Stlrs4Life
02-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Not so fast, seems like there is a bidding war between the Jets and Ratbirds:

When Ray Lewis‘ future in Baltimore was questioned, his former teammate Rod Woodson reached out to him.
After speaking with Lewis, Woodson reported that Lewis never said he wouldn’t return to the Ravens. He is open to go back to Baltimore. Lewis never told DeMarcus Ware that his dream was to play for the Cowboys despite published reports.
Lewis is in Florida with his kids relaxing and does not expect to make any decisions on his future until Monday.

Bart Scott reportedly is going to give the Ravens a chance to match the Jets' five-year, $40 million contract offer.

In an effort to break the story, many national sources said the deal was officially agreed to. But it was never signed and it now appears Scott is having second thoughts and wants to give Baltimore another shot. We don't see why Baltimore wouldn't match now, but it's no lock. We'll find out shortly.
Source: Newsday

UPDATE, NFL Network stated that it is now official, the Jets win, 6 year 48 million.

Callax
02-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Woodson, u traitorious bastard, what the hell are you doing??? Let that a-hole go somewhere else so he can go bye bye in obscurity out of the AFC North!!!

why the hell did u intervene u idiot???

Teammate or not, your loyalty should have (and BETTER BE) with Steelers, so why were u intervening?? keep your nose out of business that does not pertain to you!!!

Tim Lumber
02-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Sounds like a quiet night in Baltimore! :lol: Not 2 quiet lloyd, where's Harry(dumb and dumber movie..Ha Ha) we are close to resigning Ray Lewis, check out new reports! Sorry folks Ray will be causing havic in the AFC north for 3 more years!!

--- Added 2/28/2009 at 05:10 AM ---

:hehheh:Yep i said after free agency, the Rats would be in rebuilding mode, hey tim here's to u an the Rats:doublefinger::doublefinger::lol:
Hey we signed a world class CB today in Foxworth! Today was a very good day in Baltimore, now the talk is since Scott left(who cares he only had 2 sacks last year) we will go after my fav. cornerback McFadden! Were not rebuilding..wait we are rebuilding Sixburgh...we are rebuilding to win this years Super bowl...Yes We can!! Ha Ha ha!!

--- Added 2/28/2009 at 05:17 AM ---

Looks like that Baltimore defense will not be as dominating next season, :lol: too bad! How do you figure? We now have a quality CB in Foxworth plus we will sign CB McFadden! We tagged Suggs and Ray is mad at NFL teams for being rude and not offering him a contract! Not one team showed interst! Ray is going to come back mad! Did anyone see when my Ravens beat the team you couldnt(Titans) when he nailed there TE Bo with a forearm and knocked his helmit off? Thats a preview of next season when we play you guys..look out Ben..no joke..Ha Ha!!

LarryNJ
02-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Let that a-hole go somewhere else so he can go bye bye in obscurity out of the AFC North!!!

I hope that both of the A-holes stay in Baltimore. It makes it that much more fun to beat them 3 times a season while listening to their pre-game BS and post game crying.

dawgs
02-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Lets keep this going. ray lewis next, then ed reed? I can wish. browns could very well finish 2nd by default. Because if you give bartimore an only OK defense, They are not that good.

Silverback 92
02-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Nobody knocking on rays door no surprise here, 33 going on 34 injury prone. lewis wants crazy amount of money to stay with ratbirds

popstaala
02-28-2009, 04:24 PM
that sucks... we have no worthy opponents... brownies lost winslow and ratbirds defense breaking up... i guess we have to pick on the jets next season

Hburg
02-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Opening day in Baltimore, Ray Lewis is there in a Ravens jersey again because no team signed his old ***. It could, but probably won't, happen.

Ray Lewis will only go to a team where he can have the spotlight, both on the team and in the media.

BuFu

HUNT4SEVEN
02-28-2009, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=Tim Lumber;28

Hey we signed a world class CB today in Foxworth! Today was a very good day in Baltimore, now the talk is since Scott left(who cares he only had 2 sacks last year) we will go after my fav. cornerback McFadden! Were not rebuilding..wait we are rebuilding Sixburgh...we are rebuilding to win this years Super bowl...Yes We can!! Ha Ha ha!!

an world class corner:lol: WTF are u smoking?that bum went to the Falcons for an seventh or six round pick from Denver, Foxworth is an bum an u Rats fans will see, The rats were not in an bidding war for that bum:lol:, McFadden will resign with us before playing with u bums, he knowns an real defence from an wanna be defense:yesnod: Gay Ray is gonna have to come back if he wants to play, but so what he's done it's over for the overrated killer:lol:he's over the hill anyways, the AFCN belongs to us:tt02:

Tim Lumber
02-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Lets keep this going. ray lewis next, then ed reed? I can wish. browns could very well finish 2nd by default. Because if you give bartimore an only OK defense, They are not that good. Were still good enough to beat the brownies! We own you losers,you get our garbage washed up players..see Jamal lewis!!

--- Added 2/28/2009 at 08:08 PM ---

Were close(Ravens) to signing your reject left tackel Marvin or marvil is he any good steeler fans? He will be wearing a ravens jersey next year! We are still in running for McFadden,remember Steelers dont like to pay in free agency(tight wads)! And Ray Lewis is better than any other MLB in the NFL dont hate,appreciate!

--- Added 2/28/2009 at 08:10 PM ---

[QUOTE=Tim Lumber;28

an world class corner:lol: WTF are u smoking?that bum went to the Falcons for an seventh or six round pick from Denver, Foxworth is an bum an u Rats fans will see, The rats were not in an bidding war for that bum:lol:, McFadden will resign with us before playing with u bums, he knowns an real defence from an wanna be defense:yesnod: Gay Ray is gonna have to come back if he wants to play, but so what he's done it's over for the overrated killer:lol:he's over the hill anyways, the AFCN belongs to us:tt02:
He(Ray) is over the hills you say Sixburgh! Well how come you Steelers still cant get a 100 yard rusher against him? Point made...think before you speak loser!

--- Added 2/28/2009 at 08:12 PM ---

Opening day in Baltimore, Ray Lewis is there in a Ravens jersey again because no team signed his old ***. It could, but probably won't, happen.

Ray Lewis will only go to a team where he can have the spotlight, both on the team and in the media.

BuFu Yeah and Ray's old *ss as you put it,will make sure no team including Pittsburgh gets a 100 yard rusher,yeah he is so washed up,thats why no running back has gotten 100 yards on us in 2 and a half years...point made...I win!!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Calling the Steelers tight wads is really retarded.....I guess you havn't paid attention since Heinz Field has been built....For the most the Steelers have kept their teams together for the most part.......Giving Big Ben 100 million is really being a tight wad....lol

The Steelers like to keep their core players intact and build through the draft.....If building a great Super Bowl team was based on spending the most on other teams FA's then the Cowboys and Redskins would win the Super Bowl every year...lol

Hburg
02-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah and Ray's old *ss as you put it,will make sure no team including Pittsburgh gets a 100 yard rusher,yeah he is so washed up,thats why no running back has gotten 100 yards on us in 2 and a half years...point made...I win!!

You win? You must have winning confused with disjointed ranting. Whatever Ray Lewis's performance is he is relatively old for an NFL player, especially as a linebacker. That fact alone will prevent teams from jumping to pick up Ray Lewis so quickly. A team may want to sign him to a one or two year deal for mid-level money, but only Baltimore will appreciate him to the level he wants to be appreciated (and that does not necessarily mean that they will go out of their way to pay him either). Ray Lewis's attitude and personality is his own worst enemy as well. The current feud he has begun with the Ravens now is another reason that other teams will be hesitant to bring in an aging, headstrong, and unproven outside of the Baltimore system player.

Don't talk so big about winning man, last I checked the Ravens didn't do that at all against the Steelers last season...and they even got a third chance to do so.

BuFu

Stlrs4Life
03-01-2009, 12:59 AM
\

--- Added 2/28/2009 at 08:08 PM ---

Were close(Ravens) to signing your reject left tackel Marvin or marvil is he any good steeler fans? He will be wearing a ravens jersey next year! We are still in running for McFadden,remember Steelers dont like to pay in free agency(tight wads)! And Ray Lewis is better than any other MLB in the NFL dont hate,appreciate!

--- Added 2/28/2009 at 08:10 PM ---

[quote=SIXBURGH;282067]
He(Ray) is over the hills you say Sixburgh! Well how come you Steelers still cant get a 100 yard rusher against him? Point made...think before you speak loser!

--- Added 2/28/2009 at 08:12 PM ---

Yeah and Ray's old *ss as you put it,will make sure no team including Pittsburgh gets a 100 yard rusher,yeah he is so washed up,thats why no running back has gotten 100 yards on us in 2 and a half years...point made...I win!!

You can have Marvel Smith LOL! He's a bum! Ray Lewis couldn't carry Jack Lambertrs jock strap. I win!

--- Added 2/28/2009 at 10:59 PM ---

Lets keep this going. ray lewis next, then ed reed? I can wish. browns could very well finish 2nd by default. Because if you give bartimore an only OK defense, They are not that good.

Priceles, a Browns fan dissing on a Ratshit fan! LOL! Oh the irony!

Tim Lumber
03-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Marvil Smith is about to become a Raven folks! So my quetion is...is Pittsburgh saddened by this news? he is a great left tackle,Ben will have trouble now,because without Marvil he is going to have a bad year! Marvil will help out Joe"cool" Flacco!

BR7
03-01-2009, 03:16 AM
Marvil Smith is about to become a Raven folks! So my quetion is...is Pittsburgh saddened by this news? he is a great left tackle,Ben will have trouble now,because without Marvil he is going to have a bad year! Marvil will help out Joe"cool" Flacco!

lol, quetion. Is that like a quiche?

And, it's Marvel

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=spell+check&aq=f&oq=

lloydfan4life
03-01-2009, 10:06 AM

You probably like wearing someone else's dirty ****-stained underwear that you picked up at a yardsale too, don't you?

You brag about beating the Cleveland Browns like you've attained some lofty goal. My local boys club team could beat the Browns.

As far as the Steelers paying in free agency..... why should they moron?? Have what they been doing for years and years failed them?? Are you confused?

Let me make it a little clearer for you....

http://z.about.com/d/jewelry/1/5/T/B/superbowl_xl_ring.jpgX6

You're a complete d*ckhead. I WIN!! :yesnod:

Stlrs4Life
03-01-2009, 11:15 AM

We won a SB without Marvel. He was on IR the entire season last year! He's a bum.

SteelerSteve
03-01-2009, 01:03 PM
How do you figure? We now have a quality CB in Foxworth plus we will sign CB McFadden! We tagged Suggs and Ray is mad at NFL teams for being rude and not offering him a contract! Not one team showed interst! Ray is going to come back mad! Did anyone see when my Ravens beat the team you couldnt(Titans) when he nailed there TE Bo with a forearm and knocked his helmit off? Thats a preview of next season when we play you guys..look out Ben..no joke..Ha Ha!! Wait so you are better than us because you beat the Titans? Oh yeah, I forgot that erases the 3 times the Steelers whipped that sorry excuse for a team. I concede, the Ravens are the far superior team. 1 lombardi>6 lombardi's

steelers4life66
03-01-2009, 04:33 PM

And, it's Marvel

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=spell+check&aq=f&oq=
:hilarious:

Tim Lumber
03-02-2009, 01:01 AM
Wait so you are better than us because you beat the Titans? Oh yeah, I forgot that erases the 3 times the Steelers whipped that sorry excuse for a team. I concede, the Ravens are the far superior team. 1 lombardi>6 lombardi's Just remember Steelersteve every time you beat us this year our cornerbacks were hurt,allowing you to pass on us, not this year! Ravens are going to make a statement this season by beating the Steelers not once but twice!

--- Added 3/1/2009 at 10:57 PM ---

And, it's Marvel

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=spell+check&aq=f&oq= I honestly never heard of the guy Marvel before BR7! We were to busy with the greatest left tackle to ever play in the NFL in Jonathon"Hall of Famer" Ogden! Marvel is close to signing with us,I think he will be good on our team!!

--- Added 3/1/2009 at 10:58 PM ---

We won a SB without Marvel. He was on IR the entire season last year! He's a bum. This move is going to backfire on The Steelers! Marvel is going to shut down the left side, can you imagine how good Flacco will be now with Marvel? Little Ben is going to be screwed!

--- Added 3/1/2009 at 11:01 PM ---

You probably like wearing someone else's dirty ****-stained underwear that you picked up at a yardsale too, don't you?

You brag about beating the Cleveland Browns like you've attained some lofty goal. My local boys club team could beat the Browns.

As far as the Steelers paying in free agency..... why should they moron?? Have what they been doing for years and years failed them?? Are you confused?

Let me make it a little clearer for you....

http://z.about.com/d/jewelry/1/5/T/B/superbowl_xl_ring.jpgX6

You're a complete d*ckhead. I WIN!! :yesnod: You win this quote,what can I say? You won the Super Bowl this year but next year you have no chance in Hell! Ravens wont have 6 Super Bowls because we only had the team for 11 years you loser! The colts now they were better when in Baltimore than the Steelers were!

JensK
03-02-2009, 04:13 AM
You win this quote,what can I say? You won the Super Bowl this year but next year you have no chance in Hell! Ravens wont have 6 Super Bowls because we only had the team for 11 years you loser! The colts now they were better when in Baltimore than the Steelers were!

You know.. Even in those 11 years we have won 2 SB's and been in the PO 6 times. You have won 1 SB and been in the PO 5 times. Steelers lead over all 18-10 against Ravens.

TampaSteelGirl
03-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Calling the Steelers tight wads is really retarded.....I guess you havn't paid attention since Heinz Field has been built....For the most the Steelers have kept their teams together for the most part.......Giving Big Ben 100 million is really being a tight wad....lol

The Steelers like to keep their core players intact and build through the draft.....If building a great Super Bowl team was based on spending the most on other teams FA's then the Cowboys and Redskins would win the Super Bowl every year...lol

Great post!! The fact that we are not willing to pay a ton of money for talent that may only be good for a couple years...nice to know they are a patient organization that would rather build a team from the bottom up with QUALITY players and have smart, talented and worthy players!! I'm proud that we don't pay the big dollar to get embarrassed each year! Yes Ben was worth the money....but the Rooneys are smart and the way they run this team is brilliant! They know what they are doing and it's paid off....6 Superbowls later..doesn't that prove it??? :grin1:

Stlrs4Life
03-02-2009, 10:15 AM
This move is going to backfire on The Steelers! Marvel is going to shut down the left side, can you imagine how good Flacco will be now with Marvel? Little Ben is going to be screwed!

--- Added 3/1/2009 at 11:01 PM ---

You win this quote,what can I say? You won the Super Bowl this year but next year you have no chance in Hell! Ravens wont have 6 Super Bowls because we only had the team for 11 years you loser! The colts now they were better when in Baltimore than the Steelers were!

Woodley will eat him up, poor succo is going to be on his back like a whore on a Sat. nite.

Colts better than the Steelers in Baltimore? Boy, Baltimore really is the Heroine capital of the world.

I win.:clap:

Tim Lumber
03-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Woodley will eat him up, poor succo is going to be on his back like a whore on a Sat. nite.

Colts better than the Steelers in Baltimore? Boy, Baltimore really is the Heroine capital of the world.

I win.:clap: You do win...Stlrs4life..what can I say but that was a great sequence! Your still losing 58-1! Now can you make a comeback,your only down 57 points!