PDA

View Full Version : Other Steeler Tenders

Zachintosh66
02-26-2009, 08:05 PM
STEELERS HANG ONTO MADISON, COLON, AND MCHUGH
Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 26, 2009, 5:33 p.m.
The Pittsburgh Steelers announced today that they’ve retained a trio of restricted free agents: offensive tackle Willie Colon, cornerback Anthony Madison and tight end/fullback Sean McHugh.

The Steelers didn’t announce the tender levels for the players.

Earlier today, Adam Caplan of Scout.com reported that Colon received the first-round tender of $2.198 million.

The Steelers also retained exclusive-rights free agent fullback Carey Davis and offensive tackle Jeremy Parquet.

UPDATE: Per Caplan, Madison received the low tender of $1.01 million.

as it unfolds...

HUNT4SEVEN
02-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Actually i like Madison, Mchugh, but why did they release Humpal? an why did they tender anything to that bum Davis?:cursin:

SteelCityKid5
02-26-2009, 08:44 PM
question, can someone answer this.... what the hell does tender a player mean?

Stlrs4Life
02-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Actually i like Madison, Mchugh, but why did they release Humpal? an why did they tender anything to that bum Davis?:cursin:

Exacly, why keep that load Davis?

ToothAche
02-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Tendering a player means that if another team was to offer them a deal, the Steelers would have a time period to match the deal, or be compensated with draft picks (depending on the tender level). Example, if another team chooses to offer Colon a better deal, the Steelers have the option to match the offer and retain Colon, or let him go and receive two first round draft picks in compensation. Understood?

steelcityrockers
02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Carey Davis was a Exclusive Rights Free Agent (ERFA) they didnt tender him anything. They just gave him a contract he either signs or doesn't play football. He is actually a very good Special Teams, as well as the only FB currently on the roster (McHugh is more of a TE)

Zachintosh66
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
When it counted, especially towards the end of the year... the Steelers turned to McHugh to lead block over Davis.

ToothAche
02-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Davis sucks, and we have nowhere to put the bum.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
02-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Davis sucks, and we have nowhere to put the bum.

I'd have to agree..the guys is average at best. Mchugh could be the answer if they put him exclusively in the FB role..He's huge and could definately open up some holes for FWP and Mendenhall.I think they weren't sure exactly where to put Mchugh early..either TE or FB..but you let him be the premiere FB and i think he'll do fine.Keep Davis for depth and Special teams.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
McHugh played much better, Davis runs for more negative yards than anything else. This team hasn't had a solid lead blocker for years now, clearly Davis isn't the answer. I would have rather seem him cut then come back, the only good thing is that he is solid on ST.

DanRooney
02-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Tendering a player means that if another team was to offer them a deal, the Steelers would have a time period to match the deal, or be compensated with draft picks (depending on the tender level). Example, if another team chooses to offer Colon a better deal, the Steelers have the option to match the offer and retain Colon, or let him go and receive two first round draft picks in compensation. Understood?

Yeah 2 first round draft picks for Colon :lol: For some reason, I don't think this is the rule.

Stlrs4Life
02-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Carey Davis was a Exclusive Rights Free Agent (ERFA) they didnt tender him anything. They just gave him a contract he either signs or doesn't play football. He is actually a very good Special Teams, as well as the only FB currently on the roster (McHugh is more of a TE)

And he performed better than Davis at it too. Davis is just a good buddy of Tomlins.