PDA

View Full Version : Depth at Corner and Special teams guy

ToothAche
02-26-2009, 05:21 PM
With the Steelers almost certain to lose McFadden to free agency, should Pittsburgh be looking at a guy like Justin Miller to add depth and also provide us with a kick return guy that we have needed for the past few years? Just a thought...........

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Who says they are certain to lose McFadden? He's their top FA priority right now and they guy they want to get inked to a long term deal. He likes it in Pittsburgh and he loves playing for Lebeau which is good for us in the contract talks. He is going to be offered a lot of money from someone for sure but the Steelers know he's a valuable player on the team so they just let him ride off into the sunset with another team without a fight.

Not saying it's a lock for him to comeback, he could very well go but let's not give up on him yet.

steelcityrockers
02-26-2009, 05:42 PM
I am quite in favor of Justin Miller. He is basically a younger version of Allen Rossum with a reconstructed knee. Had 2 TD returns for the Raiders last year in limited play time. He is a ****** corner though. I mean, he is atrocious.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2009, 05:48 PM
They will address the KO return situation with a day 2 draft pick along with our new aquisition from the CFL, as far as corner goes though I wouldn't want Miller to be the answer if McFadden leave and Im sure they wouldn't go after him for that purpose sole purpose either. I know they are looking for William Gay to step up into a more prominent role in the defense because he has been showing real good improvement in his young career so far. If you get the chance to sign a guy like McFadden though you definitely jump on it. We've got room under the cap and MBac would be a good place to invest some of it in.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
McFadden has 2 rings "2" so u know he wants to get paided mega$$$$$$$$$$, i would love to have him, But Mcfadden wants more than the Rooneys are willing to pay him.

Dean Denton
02-26-2009, 07:38 PM
McFadden has 2 rings "2" so u know he wants to get paided mega$$$$$$$$$$, i would love to have him, But Mcfadden wants more than the Rooneys are willing to pay him. How much is he asking for? Maybe we can keep him.

steelcityrockers
02-26-2009, 08:29 PM
McFadden will probably want something like $20 million guaranteed.

Zachintosh66
02-26-2009, 09:02 PM
i like miller return skills... but woud rather keep mcfaddy

Callax
02-26-2009, 10:44 PM
McFadden should weigh the money he could get in FA and possibly going to a team that won't reach the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl, vs staying put to a team that went 2x in the last 3 years AND WON!!!!
I think it would be better to stay put maybe take a little less and be able to retire with 3 or more rings!!!

K Train
02-27-2009, 02:53 AM
mcfadden is good as gone, reports are saying that detroit is gonna make a big push for him and other teams are interested as well.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I just don't get these guys in FA. Older guys in the NFL, they generally try to go to teams that will get them a super bowl ring. These younger guys are willing to go get tons of money to be on a losing team. Word is that Nate is going to get a big offer from Detroit as well. So you get your super bowl ring and then you go off to a losing team? I guess Im just the odd ball here in thinking that if somebody offers me 35 million vs 30 million (for example) and the 30mill team is a super bowl champion then why not stick around and get as many rings as you can? Nate, I can probably see because he knows he's not the starter but BMac? why in the hell would you want to go to the Lions!

TampaSteelGirl
02-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I hope we can keep him!

ejsteeler
02-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I just don't get these guys in FA. Older guys in the NFL, they generally try to go to teams that will get them a super bowl ring. These younger guys are willing to go get tons of money to be on a losing team. Word is that Nate is going to get a big offer from Detroit as well. So you get your super bowl ring and then you go off to a losing team? I guess Im just the odd ball here in thinking that if somebody offers me 35 million vs 30 million (for example) and the 30mill team is a super bowl champion then why not stick around and get as many rings as you can? Nate, I can probably see because he knows he's not the starter but BMac? why in the hell would you want to go to the Lions!

I think it comes down to ego TG. They think they are the man the can turn around the frnachise and be a big hero. Of course, the money doesn't hurt. :dunno:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
02-27-2009, 03:31 PM

That may be a problem in itself..alot of these guys got 2 rings early in thier career and may not realize how hard it is to get them..They don't know what it's like to play for 10-20 years and not even get close to a Superbowl...guys like Ward realize it and that's why you see so much emotion from him at the Superbowl. They got their rings..now they are looking for a big pay day to go with it.We lost Chris Hope right after XL and we moved on...I love BMac, but we'll be fine if he goes.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2009, 03:47 PM
This is the time for Gay to step up and be counted on. He will be the man opposite Taylor now unless they draft a DB, which I expect they will at some point on draft weekend. Townsend will continue to be the veteran, solid player that he is but Gay will be the guy next season.

steelcityrockers
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
If I had two rings, I would play for myself and my future (i.e. get as much paper as possible before flaming out.) I mean, what else does he really have to play for in terms of team success?

K Train
02-27-2009, 07:26 PM
thats true but you want to build a legacy too, you dont want to chase the money and go somewhere where people forget you

Dean Denton
02-27-2009, 07:38 PM
If I had two rings, I would play for myself and my future (i.e. get as much paper as possible before flaming out.) I mean, what else does he really have to play for in terms of team success? Band of Brothers....Building your legacy. 2 rings in 4 years is crazy in todays NFL. Everyone on this team has a chance to really do something special here. Walk away, and that dream shatters. If your content with 2 rings then just walk away from the sport because you lost the passion for the love of the game. $$$$ is what kills all sports. Look at boxing.

Troyisabeast_43
02-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Ed Bouchette reported today when he talked to Kevin Colbert that he told him he still feels that they can keep both Nate and BMac. Now I dont think there is any chance in hell of keeping them both especially Nate, but I wouldnt totally rule out McFadden being a mortal lock to move on and sign with another team.

Stlrs4Life
02-27-2009, 10:50 PM
I totally agree with you TG, but when McFadden sees what these other CBs are getting from other teams he will more than likely move on.