PDA

View Full Version : Is this Duce's last shot ?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2006, 12:10 PM
We all know he's spent the majority of his time with us on the bench with various knee and hamstring injuries. When the guy is healthy he can run anybody over and drag tacklers up and down the field. I really wanna see him succeed and so well for us and be a good compliment for Willie just like Jerome was.

Comon man, keep your a$$ healthy and show us what you can do again !

PITT23
08-05-2006, 12:27 PM
With Philly I remember seeing him running guys over and with Jerome gone as that goal line RB, this is really his time to step up and help the team. He wont be an every down player since we have Willie which I think means less chances for him to get hurt.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2006, 01:20 PM
In theory that sounds like the right idea, not being an every down player so he has less chances to get hurt..his problem is he's been somewhat fragile his entire career. At this point I wouldnt let him walk down stairs by himself until the season is over.. LOL

Steelersfan
08-05-2006, 07:06 PM
I think he will be fine this year. It's almost like they let him rest all last year (besides the games we needed him) knowing Jerome would be gone this year. He could have played more last year but they put him on the inactive list for all those games. You don't pay a guy what he is making to keep him on the bench. That tells me he should do pretty well this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2006, 07:08 PM
It was good to see him dress for the SB and atleast have a chance to get some playing time. This is his time to shine, to show us what we saw the first year he was here and give us that power back we'll need to compliment Willie !

SteelCityMan786
08-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Duce will probably get the short yardages the Jerome got. He's perfectly capable of running those with no problems.

CrunchieJD
08-07-2006, 10:37 AM
This should be his last chance if you ask me. The team paid him a ton of money to come be the man the backfield along side Jerome, and that has yet to happen on any consistent basis. If he can step it up and stay healthy we'll finally get out of him what we wanted all along. Im looking forward to him having a good year for us.

Steelersfan
08-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Two things stand out to my about Staley.

1 - He was paid a lot of money and the Steelers have not tried to redo his contract yet.

2 - They kept him around for almost every game last year even though he didn't play. They just made him inactive. That tells me who could of played if they needed him to. And even though he didn't play much he never once complained that I remember.

I really think this is going to be a great year for Staley.

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Two things stand out to my about Staley.

1 - He was paid a lot of money and the Steelers have not tried to redo his contract yet.

2 - They kept him around for almost every game last year even though he didn't play. They just made him inactive. That tells me who could of played if they needed him to. And even though he didn't play much he never once complained that I remember.

I really think this is going to be a great year for Staley.

1-Surprising especially since they re did jerome's a bunch of times

2-Duce should have been active ALL SEASON. Not just games like Green Bay.

Koopa
08-07-2006, 10:22 PM
i'm pulling for duce. i don't think this is his last year. last year he didn't play casue he stepped aside for bettis. i think 07 will be his last season if he doesn't step up. well actually i think he's gonna fill in well behind parker, i think he'll end up restructuring his contract so he doesn't have to be a cap casualty.

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2006, 10:34 PM
i'm pulling for duce. i don't think this is his last year. last year he didn't play casue he stepped aside for bettis. i think 07 will be his last season if he doesn't step up. well actually i think he's gonna fill in well behind parker, i think he'll end up restructuring his contract so he doesn't have to be a cap casualty.

That's probably the only way he wears number 22 on a Black Jersey and is running out of the home tunnel of Heinz Field During a Steelers Home Game. He has costed a little bit over the last year.