PDA

View Full Version : Starks thinking long term with Steelers.....

DIESELMAN
02-23-2009, 07:54 PM
The Steelers are expected to meet with his agent early this week.

Starks signed the one-year tender offer the Steelers made to him last week. But his intention is still to work out a multi-year contract with the Steelers that will keep him in Pittsburgh beyond the 2009 season.

"You always want to go with the team that gave you your first opportunity," the 27-year-old Starks. "This is a great city, and I definitely want to continue my career here."

Rest of the story..... (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_612987.html)

I really hope Starks and the FO can work out something long term, he is eating a good chunk of our cap with his tender. We have other players that are a priority to get signed.

Troyisabeast_43
02-23-2009, 08:07 PM
I really hope Starks and the FO can work out something long term, he is eating a good chunk of our cap with his tender. We have other players that are a priority to get signed.

Very true with Starks. Whether or not Starks signs long term I really believe is going to determine whether or not the Steelers are able to keep Bryant McFadden or not. Also, could have an affect on signing guys with one year left like James Harrison and Heath Miller as well.

Brady Quinn
02-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Very true with Starks. Whether or not Starks signs long term I really believe is going to determine whether or not the Steelers are able to keep Bryant McFadden or not. Also, could have an affect on signing guys with one year left like James Harrison and Heath Miller as well.

I am not sure they will really work too hard to sigh Heath. I think he is great, but not used enough.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Well to Maxs credit he signed the offer the next day:yellowthumb: so hopefully both side can get an deal done soon:yesnod:, i read somewhere today in an Steeler paper where Mcfadden is probably gone, remember he has two rings so u know he's gonna want to be paid big time now, especially with that bum Drew R as his agent.

Troyisabeast_43
02-23-2009, 08:19 PM
I am not sure they will really work too hard to sigh Heath. I think he is great, but not used enough.

Yes they will believe me. Ben loves Heath Miller and if he has anything to say about whether or not the Steelers are going to keep him around he will be here. Miller doesnt strike me as the kind of guy that is going to want to get a huge huge deal. He will settle for a fair deal for a good amount of money which he is definitely worth. I think when all is said and done they will be able to reach a new deal with Heath Miller. This could be one of those deals that gets done right before training camp starts...

K Train
02-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Well to Maxs credit he signed the offer the next day:yellowthumb: so hopefully both side can get an deal done soon:yesnod:, i read somewhere today in an Steeler paper where Mcfadden is probably gone, remember he has two rings so u know he's gonna want to be paid big time now, especially with that bum Drew R as his agent.

to his credit? he signed it the next day with a big ****ing grin on his goofy as face because he knows hes not worth that money. if he doesnt sign long term he will just laugh his *** to the bank...again. hes acting like hes a big ****ing stud play hoping they can "get a deal done" the dude was almost cut 2 years ago....

i think i hate him more every day, even though its the FO fault for tagging him i cant help but imagine what goes through his mind

igor0190
02-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I would love to seem them work out a deal too, but Max had the Steelers backed into a corner and is now laughing all the way to the bank. He will keep his 1 yr tender and next year when we have some depth at OL (hopefully), he will be pressured into actually making a deal. If not, the Steelers can tell him to go #*%& himself at that point.