PDA

View Full Version : Raiders interested in Kemoeatu?

Stlrs4Life
02-23-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wi...ine_on_sunday/ (http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/11041/20090223/gleanings_from_the_combine_on_sunday/)

--The Raiders continue to make moves that rectify their recent ineptitude. They released safety Gibril Wilson one year into a ridiculously overpriced (thanks to Wilsonís Super Bowl inflation) deal. They are also working on the financial specifics of releasing WR Javon Walker, perhaps the biggest free agent bust of all time. Itís a complex scenario, but look for the Raiders to swing the axe before Walkerís $5M roster bonus is due late next week. As far as who they are looking to sign, Chris Kemoeatu and Reggie Williams appear to be the biggest names. As for Wilson, donít discount a return to the Giants, though the Falcons and Texans will be players.

K Train
02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
see ya

Silverback 92
02-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Oaklands gotta be closer to Tonga ,he can get home more now

Sir Blitzelot
02-23-2009, 06:38 PM
The Steelers can survive without Chris Kemoeatu.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah:clap::clap: i hope he goes......................

igor0190
02-23-2009, 10:28 PM
If this is true and Kem does not sign before free agency, he IS GONE. If there's one thing you can be sure of, it is that the RAIDERS WILL overpay a guy to make him come be a part of their hapless franchise.

Callax
02-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Not to add to Pitt's OL problems/reshuffling, Now we need to replace our starting LG
oakland will overpay and the raiders will never see .500 again!!!!
Oakland, Where careers go to DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-23-2009, 11:00 PM
I wouldn't miss the big fat and stupid Kemoeatu.....I can't stand the big sloth....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-24-2009, 03:12 AM
If they want to re-sign him they'll have to do it before FA starts which probably isn't going to happen. He's got his super bowl ring now so it wouldn't surprise me to see him bolt for a ton of money to a team like the Raiders who are known to overpay.

yinzer
02-24-2009, 05:01 PM
:crossfingers:

Zachintosh66
02-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Can they take Stapleton too... we can do a 2-for-1 discount! :lol:

WarriorScholar
02-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Let Kemo go. Not that I hate the guy, but over the next few years we have to focus on keeping our best players. Not guys like Kemo, Nate, or even Mcfadden( I would love to keep him but he will supposedly require about 8mil per year). This steelers team right now is the most talented I have ever seen. This will probably upset some of the older people but I honestly think it can be compared with the team's in the 70's. We always had talent but we usually turned mediocre players into good ones because of our system, but lately we have been drafting talented guys...like Timmons and Woodley. Then last year we draft Mendenhall and Sweed( just wait until they turn out, right now people aren't too excited about those picks). Anyways, we need to focus on keeping guys like Harrison, Miller, Holmes, Ward, etc...and even extending Woodley in a few years since he is making under a mil a year..need to extend him before he gets close to being a FA and will require a lot more money. got off track a bit, but that's my reason for not wanting the Steelers to sign our mediocre lineman, Nate, and Bmac.

Troyisabeast_43
02-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Let Kemo go. Not that I hate the guy, but over the next few years we have to focus on keeping our best players. Not guys like Kemo, Nate, or even Mcfadden( I would love to keep him but he will supposedly require about 8mil per year). This steelers team right now is the most talented I have ever seen. This will probably upset some of the older people but I honestly think it can be compared with the team's in the 70's. We always had talent but we usually turned mediocre players into good ones because of our system, but lately we have been drafting talented guys...like Timmons and Woodley. Then last year we draft Mendenhall and Sweed( just wait until they turn out, right now people aren't too excited about those picks). Anyways, we need to focus on keeping guys like Harrison, Miller, Holmes, Ward, etc...and even extending Woodley in a few years since he is making under a mil a year..need to extend him before he gets close to being a FA and will require a lot more money. got off track a bit, but that's my reason for not wanting the Steelers to sign our mediocre lineman, Nate, and Bmac.

I agree with you that this Steelers team right now is very very good and does have a ton of talent. But I wont go as far as to sit here and say that this is the most talented team I have ever seen. Ive been saying this on this board for awhile now especially after the Steelers won the Super Bowl that next year is going to be there last legit chance to win a Super Bowl with this current group of core players they have right now on the roster. Guys on the d-line are getting older such as Smith and Hampton,Hines Ward is on the verge of retirement and in his final year of his contract, guys such as Miller,Clark,Deshea,Keisel,Reed,and Hampton are on going into their final year of their contracts as well. And as the old saying goes you cant keep everybody and are going to lose some of those guys if not a lot of them after the 2009 season. It's why I think going into next season with virtually the same team as this years Super Bowl team coming back, and having an easy schedule to go along with it, there is no reason to believe that this Steelers team wont have an excellent chance of winning back to back Lombardi Trophy's.