PDA

View Full Version : Who's your surprise offensive & defensive players.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Im looking for Nate Washington to do big things in camp and in the season. He's got a chance to get some good playing time based on his performace in the playoffs last year..even with our 2 draft picks who we drafted higher this year I think Nate has the upper hand with the experience factor. Holmes will get his chances because he's a #1 pick, but don't count out Nate.

Cedric Humes could be HUGE for us especially if Duce gets injured again. Im glad we got him because Verron can fill in well but he's mainly our 3rd down back and he's great at it so we got some insurance incase Duce comes up injured again.

Defense Im looking for the rebirth of James Farrior..he was solid last year but didn't have the stats that we're used to in terms of tackles, fumble recoveries, picks, etc...it didnt help that he was hurt as well for a bit. Look for a good battle at Safety to compliment Troy... between Tyrone and Ryan ! Tyrone plays alittle more balls out and hits big like Chris Hope did but I think Ryan is the most heads up player to be able to make all the secondary calls. Either way its a win-win situation for us in the secondary.

Steelersfan
08-05-2006, 06:52 PM
I like what I have seen of Nate so far but I'm going with Staley on offense. I really think he will be great for us this year. He doesn't have to carry the full load which should enable him to stay fresh and healthy.

I'm really liking McFadden on defense. He showed some good stuff at the end of last year and should push Townsend out of the starting CB spot by midseason. I do like your pick of Farrior too.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2006, 06:58 PM
It'll be interesting to watch Porter too, he wants a new deal. You always wanna see players rise to the occasion and play even harder to earn that deal instead of griping and moping about it. So far he's said his peace but he's working out and getting ready for the season..so far so good.

Another interesting player to watch will be Heath Miller. Not so much of a surprise player but to see what he can do now that he's got more experience. We're gonna need him more than ever now with a young WR core.

Steelersfan
08-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Miller is a great player. I am so glad we got him. He will only get better as time goes on.
Porter is another story though. I hope he stays but for the right price. I suppose that will be up to him down the line with what he thinks he's worth.
We have let some pretty good LB's go in the past and always seem to find a good replacement and you know he must know that.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah that's what worries me..once our LB's start to get up in years in the league we don't keep them around generally..especially if thier asking price is through the roof or they start having injury problems. He is the emotional leader on our team and with losing Jerome it'll be time for others to step up and be leaders.

Steelersfan
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
It's gonna be that time sooner rather than later. We got a lot of good young talent. I just hope they learned from people like Bettis, Ward and Porter.