PDA

View Full Version : Who would STEELER NATION like to see play in the season opener?

Scorp
02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
:tt02::helmet::nahnah:

Troyisabeast_43
02-19-2009, 10:38 PM
:tt02::helmet::nahnah:

I started a thread like this a few weeks ago where I stated that I hope it's the Tennessee Titans because I feel the Steelers have unfinished business with them after what occured with them in that loss in December. Plus, the whole towel incident with Lendale White,Bulluck,and Jevon Kearse. It would be great to bring the Titans in here that first game where the 08 Championship banner would be raised and they would have to deal with a sea of yellow terrible towels. It would be a good dose of payback to the Titans for what they did to the towel in December and for the loss they gave the Steelers which was the only game the Steelers lost out of the last 10 games of the season seeing that they won 9 of their last 10 games including playoffs. So my pick would be the Tennessee Titans but I just have a gut feeling for some reason that it's going to be the Minnesota Vikings in the opener on that Thursday night September 10th. Just a gut feeling I have we will see if I am right when the schedule comes out in about another 7 weeks or so and we find out for sure which team it will be.

Steel Trap86
02-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Titans!!

but I think it might be Green Bay

JensK
02-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Titans or Ravens.

TampaSteelGirl
02-20-2009, 09:19 AM
I started a thread like this a few weeks ago where I stated that I hope it's the Tennessee Titans because I feel the Steelers have unfinished business with them after what occured with them in that loss in December. Plus, the whole towel incident with Lendale White,Bulluck,and Jevon Kearse. It would be great to bring the Titans in here that first game where the 08 Championship banner would be raised and they would have to deal with a sea of yellow terrible towels. It would be a good dose of payback to the Titans for what they did to the towel in December and for the loss they gave the Steelers which was the only game the Steelers lost out of the last 10 games of the season seeing that they won 9 of their last 10 games including playoffs. So my pick would be the Tennessee Titans but I just have a gut feeling for some reason that it's going to be the Minnesota Vikings in the opener on that Thursday night September 10th. Just a gut feeling I have we will see if I am right when the schedule comes out in about another 7 weeks or so and we find out for sure which team it will be.

Me too!!! Titans for sure!!! :tt02:

steelerzchick36
02-20-2009, 10:14 AM
definitely the titans need a tast of steeler medicine.... what they did was totally messed up.. if we played them again we would send em back to tennessee without a win on their record... i know we would win this time.. it would be nice to play the ratbirds too.. we could beat them for the fourth time.. i hate them with a passion so to beat them again would be wonderful!!!!! steelers all the way!!

TEEMONT
02-20-2009, 12:25 PM
the clowns....lets break their fans hearts early this season

ejsteeler
02-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Titans! They need to feel the wrath of the Terrible Towel! :cope:

SteelCityKid5
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
I agree with everyone. I want the Titans and LenWhale White but, knowing the NFL the Steelers-Ravens match up would probably get better ratings.

SteelerNC
02-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Titans or the Rat-birds

Dean Denton
02-20-2009, 03:32 PM
What is all this talk of the Titans? New season, new team...I say we open with the Raiders..... This will be the game I promise. Its the most storied game in the AFC, and it was what Pro football was all about in the 70's. This is the biggest draw to start the season...You watch..

K Train
02-20-2009, 04:06 PM
browns and its not even close lol

Stairwayto7
02-20-2009, 04:43 PM
browns and its not even close lol

Yeah a big win would get te season kick started!

I have a feeling that it will be balt

Troyisabeast_43
02-20-2009, 04:46 PM
What is all this talk of the Titans? New season, new team...I say we open with the Raiders..... This will be the game I promise. Its the most storied game in the AFC, and it was what Pro football was all about in the 70's. This is the biggest draw to start the season...You watch..

How are the Raiders the biggest draw?? Are you being serious?? They are currently one of the worst teams in the NFL and the league knows that the Raiders have no chance of beating the Steelers if they schedule them here on the opener. Yes the rivalry was great in the 70's but guess what?? This isnt the 70's anymore and John Madden and Ken Stabler arent on the other side coaching and playing for the Raiders. Like I said before it will be the Minnesota Vikings I think and Ill stick with that. Since I didnt bet you officially for the whole firing of Bruce Arians thing why dont we make a bet for this official?? You take the Raiders and Ill take the Vikings. If it's neither one of those teams then I guess the bet is a wash lol...How does that sound??

Dean Denton
02-20-2009, 04:53 PM
How are the Raiders the biggest draw?? Are you being serious?? They are currently one of the worst teams in the NFL and the league knows that the Raiders have no chance of beating the Steelers if they schedule them here on the opener. Yes the rivalry was great in the 70's but guess what?? This isnt the 70's anymore and John Madden and Ken Stabler arent on the other side coaching and playing for the Raiders. Like I said before it will be the Minnesota Vikings I think and Ill stick with that. Since I didnt bet you officially for the whole firing of Bruce Arians thing why dont we make a bet for this official?? You take the Raiders and Ill take the Vikings. If it's neither one of those teams then I guess the bet is a wash lol...How does that sound??Thats what I'm talking about. But before you do this, keep in mind that the Raiders are one of the few AFC teams Ben has yet to beat, and historically, Steelers-Raiders is a classic match up. Petersen is a draw for sure, but I still say it will be the Raiders. Whats the bet?

K Train
02-20-2009, 05:30 PM
i want the patriots damnit, i dont care if we dont play them squeeze them in

Andalusi
02-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I would love it to be the Titans. They lost the championship game but I still feel like we need to give them some personal attention regarding the issue with the towel. I am ok with the ratbirds after beating them 3 times, I still want to beat them but I am ok. I feel like we have unfinished business with the Titans.

Dean Denton
02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Raiders....duh

Troyisabeast_43
02-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Thats what I'm talking about. But before you do this, keep in mind that the Raiders are one of the few AFC teams Ben has yet to beat, and historically, Steelers-Raiders is a classic match up. Petersen is a draw for sure, but I still say it will be the Raiders. Whats the bet?

I dont know what the bet will be for lol. I just know there is no chance in hell the Raiders will be playing here on opening night it just isn't going to happen. I know that Ben will beat the Raiders finally next season whether he plays them on the opener or any other time next season. But you're right thinking back to every single team in the AFC the Raiders I believe are the lone team Ben has yet to register a win against. Getting back to the bet if you can think of something to bet on you can propose it to me and we can go from there alrighty sound good??

K Train
02-20-2009, 05:56 PM
raiders had an opener in recent years when the pats won their last one....i think, i know its not that recent but i doubt they get another one so quick

yinzer
02-20-2009, 05:56 PM
bring on the Lions!!!!! :lol:

Dean Denton
02-20-2009, 06:01 PM
I dont know what the bet will be for lol. I just know there is no chance in hell the Raiders will be playing here on opening night it just isn't going to happen. I know that Ben will beat the Raiders finally next season whether he plays them on the opener or any other time next season. But you're right thinking back to every single team in the AFC the Raiders I believe are the lone team Ben has yet to register a win against. Getting back to the bet if you can think of something to bet on you can propose it to me and we can go from there alrighty sound good??I'm not much of a gambling man, not to mention you have more money then me...I could go broke here....lol I'll say $20,000 SA cash...

Silverback 92
02-20-2009, 06:49 PM
ratbirds lets the azz beatings continue

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-20-2009, 07:43 PM
The titans. We owe it to ourselves and steeler nation to kick their *** on national tv. We will never forget.?*&^%$$#@! you.

Andalusi
02-20-2009, 08:49 PM
bring on the Lions!!!!! :lol:

good one :grin1:

NHStlrfan
02-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Denver or SD. Put either one in their place early and get rid of them so we don't have to hear ESPN yack about how they are contenders. If not them then just back up over that roadkill ratbird again!

ejsteeler
02-20-2009, 11:40 PM
I dunno, after thinking about it, I like K Trains idea. Amend the sked and bring on the faktriots!! :cope: :lol:

Troyisabeast_43
02-21-2009, 07:23 PM
It cant be the Lions or the Broncos like some of you mentioned on here because both of those games are on the road and the opener is being played at home. It will be one of these 8 teams Browns,Bengals,Ravens,Raiders,Chargers,Titans,Pack ers,or Vikings. Like I said and I will stick by it while I hope it is the Titans like many of you here do since I think the Steelers still have unfinished business with them, my money is on the Minnesota Vikings. And yes Dean the SA cash bet is definitely on you got a deal lol...

BlitzburghNation
02-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Titans or Ravens.

:ditto:
Prefer the Titans,,,,,Like to see some redemption from our loss and towel disrespecting :tt02:

Tim Lumber
02-22-2009, 12:15 PM
The Baltimore Ravens!

TEEMONT
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM
The Baltimore Ravens!

You dont matter.

Sir Blitzelot
02-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I would like to see the Ravens, just so we can beat them a fourth straight time!