PDA

View Full Version : Holmes fined 10,000 for TD celebration in Super Bowl...

Troyisabeast_43
02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/holmes-super-bowl-winning-catch-comes-with-a-price/

Well I guess for all the whining fans from Arizona and all over the NFL who didnt want the Steelers to win and were screaming about why Holmes wasnt pentalized for his Lebron James chalk celebration after making the greatest TD in Super Bowl and maybe NFL history, they all can shut-up now since the league is taking action and fining Holmes 10,000. It's all good though it's a small price to pay I am sure in Holmes mind to take such a big step into greatness like he did by making that unbelievable Super Bowl game winning catch. It will be a long time in my opinion before we ever see another game winning catch in the Super Bowl with 35 seconds left that was as clutch and flat out sensational as the one Holmes made to win the game. They can fine Holmes and pentalize him all they want, but the bottom line is they can never take that catch away and also take away the fact that that because of that catch right there it made the Steelers the only team in NFL History to win 6 Super Bowls.

DIESELMAN
02-18-2009, 05:33 PM
What a crock, but oh well, I bet Santonio is writing that check with a big smile on his face.

Dean Denton
02-18-2009, 05:58 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/holmes-super-bowl-winning-catch-comes-with-a-price/

Well I guess for all the whining fans from Arizona and all over the NFL who didnt want the Steelers to win and were screaming about why Holmes wasnt pentalized for his Lebron James chalk celebration after making the greatest TD in Super Bowl and maybe NFL history, they all can shut-up now since the league is taking action and fining Holmes 10,000. It's all good though it's a small price to pay I am sure in Holmes mind to take such a big step into greatness like he did by making that unbelievable Super Bowl game winning catch. It will be a long time in my opinion before we ever see another game winning catch in the Super Bowl with 35 seconds left that was as clutch and flat out sensational as the one Holmes made to win the game. They can fine Holmes and pentalize him all they want, but the bottom line is they can never take that catch away and also take away the fact that that because of that catch right there it made the Steelers the only team in NFL History to win 6 Super Bowls. I think this is cruel and unfair. This happened so far removed from the play and the endzone that it should not happen. Holmes and the Steelers should fight this. Ever here of the Statue of Limitation? Too much time has passed, and this is just bringing into question the Officials again. I am going to protest this and I will start by not watching any other team but the Steelers until this is handled.

And Troyisabeast_43, this is two years in a row that the SB was won with a TD pass with 35 or 37 seconds left on the clock. Could happen again as soon as next year if we go back with Arains and Ben.....One screw up and one Showstopper. I'll let you figure out who's who.....lol

Stairwayto7
02-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Well we got the ring! I`m just glad we didn`t get the penalty! DId warner get anything for removing his helmet twice

Dean Denton
02-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Well we got the ring! I`m just glad we didn`t get the penalty! DId warner get anything for removing his helmet twice Yes, he was given the George Halas trophy.....lol

K Train
02-18-2009, 06:35 PM
best 10k hes ever spent

HUNT4SEVEN
02-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Well we got the ring! I`m just glad we didn`t get the penalty! DId warner get anything for removing his helmet twice

:rant2:Exactly he should be fined also, the No Fun League sucks:yesnod:

SteelCurtain
02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Atleast he can write that cheque with a grin on his face. ;D

vtwin_gary
02-18-2009, 07:16 PM
i wonder what his bonus was for winning the MVP?

Dean Denton
02-18-2009, 07:18 PM
You are all missing the point. this is just going to make the haters come out and bitch more. Now we are going to be forced to win yet again because this bull **** league has found another way to put a black mark on our SB win...friggin bastards. i'm so sick of this crap.

--- Added 2/18/2009 at 05:18 PM ---

i wonder what his bonus was for winning the MVP? The Rooney's cleared him to smoke some more weed...lol

Callax
02-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Playing for the Steelers: zero dollars

Playing in the Superbowl: zero dollars

Fined for celebrating a TD catch: 10,000 dollars

Making the greatest TD catch in the superbowl to win the game:.... PRICELESS!!!

Stlrs4Life
02-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Man, every time I think back to that play and think what might have happened if they did call a penalty on that play!

Callax
02-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Fined without a penalty made
THE NO FUN LEAGUE BLOWS AGAIN
HEY, WHY NOT FINE HINES FOR SOME BLOCK HE THREW IN THE SUPERBOWL

WAWAWA!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2009, 10:06 PM
And all the fire of the collective Cards fans is fueled even more..."oh if he would have been penalized we would have drove down and won the game for sure. STFU !!!! Grow up and take your loss like real fans...Warner was sacked, and fumbled the ball on his own 46 yd line..it's not like he fumbled on our 6 with 1 play to go or anything here people...OMG this whole thing just pisses me off but hey we got the ring and they didn't so tough **** !

$teelersRule
02-18-2009, 11:33 PM
thats just total :bsflag:

Silverback 92
02-18-2009, 11:35 PM
He could make that 10k up by doing a commercial or two pretty quick

Troyisabeast_43
02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
You are all missing the point. this is just going to make the haters come out and bitch more. Now we are going to be forced to win yet again because this bull **** league has found another way to put a black mark on our SB win...friggin bastards. i'm so sick of this crap.

--- Added 2/18/2009 at 05:18 PM ---

The Rooney's cleared him to smoke some more weed...lol

There is no black mark or anything cheap about this Super Bowl win or how the Steelers won the game let's clear that up right now. The Cardinals if anything got the beneficial calls at the end of the game with getting the safety call after the 3rd down completion to Holmes which was very questionable, and also they had the hold on the first play of the game winning drive which forced the Steelers back to their own 12 and made it 1st and 20. The bottom line is every single play the Steelers had and made on that final drive mostly to Holmes was legit and the officials had nothing to do with it period. The Steelers D was not going to let the Cards drive down the field again and score a TD on them to win the game with 29 seconds left no matter how many yards in penalties they would have given the Cards for the Holmes personal foul and for Farrior throwing the helmet. This Steelers defense did what it has done all year in that Super Bowl game and that is everytime they needed to make a play this season time and time again they did it and the Cardinals and their ****** overrated defense and team overall didnot it's really that simple.

Koopa
02-19-2009, 01:11 AM
best 10k hes ever spent

it's just to bad no one knew what he was doing............ analyst make me sick......... it was so obvious what he was imitating, and they make up some stupid **** that he was doing

Steel Trap86
02-19-2009, 02:29 AM
And all the fire of the collective Cards fans is fueled even more..."oh if he would have been penalized we would have drove down and won the game for sure. STFU !!!! Grow up and take your loss like real fans...Warner was sacked, and fumbled the ball on his own 46 yd line..it's not like he fumbled on our 6 with 1 play to go or anything here people...OMG this whole thing just pisses me off but hey we got the ring and they didn't so tough **** !

yaa haha i dont think this is going to stop all the bitching and whining, it probably fueled it even more. doesnt matter though, even if they got the 15 yards they still needed 7 to win, not 3 and warner fumbled..game over...parade was 2 weeks ago lol

greennick
02-19-2009, 07:42 AM
it's just to bad no one knew what he was doing............ analyst make me sick......... it was so obvious what he was imitating, and they make up some stupid **** that he was doing

Maybe they just don't watch basketballl?? Too busy researching NFL stuff maybe. Isn't that what you want from your football analysts??

Bucsfan4ever
02-19-2009, 07:49 AM
I absolutely HATE the celebration rule!! Over the years, even if the celebration was being done by your opponent, you had to admit it was unique. Once a rule is in place, it would be very unusual for it to be repealed but wish they would just let them have at it!!

LarryNJ
02-19-2009, 08:05 AM
I think it's great that he got fined. Stir up the sorry *** Cards fans a little more and wake up a few Seahawks fans! :lol: Even though it was borderline excessive celebrating and should never of been fined. Especially since it was never called in the game.

While watching the game I just wanted a blowout, but it is so so sweet to win the way we did. It was a drive a catch that will never be forgotten by anyone. If we blew them out many people would forget about the game. Ben should pay the fine for him because in the long run he will make the most $$ from that catch.

Andalusi
02-19-2009, 09:39 AM
He should take a picture signing the check with the hand showing his superbowl ring and big smile on his face to send along to the NFL :6smile:

steelerzchick36
02-19-2009, 09:56 AM
thats crazy! so he celebrated for scoring the WINNING TOUCHDOWN!!!! big deal... not to mention that we just made NFL history by winning our 6th superbowl!!!!!

TampaSteelGirl
02-19-2009, 11:23 AM
best 10k hes ever spent

Yep!!! :yellowthumb:

He's probably saying..."Go ahead bitches...take my Benjamins...I"ve got me a f*ckin MVP trophy and a Super Bowl ring!! :greengrin::nahnah:

--- Added 2/19/2009 at 09:23 AM ---

I absolutely HATE the celebration rule!! Over the years, even if the celebration was being done by your opponent, you had to admit it was unique. Once a rule is in place, it would be very unusual for it to be repealed but wish they would just let them have at it!!

I agree!! Celebrating is the best part of getting a TD!! NOt to mention a game winning TD making SuperBowl history! It's like winning the lottery and not being able to spend any of it! NFL= NO FUN LEAGUE!

Brady Quinn
02-19-2009, 11:31 AM
LEBRON SHOULD PAY HALF! HOLMES BEING THE DRUG DEALER THAT HE IS WOULD NEVER THROW POWDER IN THE AIR!

Stairwayto7
02-19-2009, 11:46 AM
LEBRON SHOULD PAY HALF! HOLMES BEING THE DRUG DEALER THAT HE IS WOULD NEVER THROW POWDER IN THE AIR!

Wow! How clever! I expected more from you???

Cute kid though!

Dean Denton
02-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow! How clever! I expected more from you???

Cute kid though!
Come on, that is kinda funny....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2009, 12:30 PM
He should take a picture signing the check with the hand showing his superbowl ring and big smile on his face to send along to the NFL :6smile:

And be sure to send a copy, special delivery to the Cardinals front office :D

TEEMONT
02-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Pretty funny how almost all of you hate on Ocho Cinco, but it;s ok for Santonio to do it.

Koopa
02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Maybe they just don't watch basketballl?? Too busy researching NFL stuff maybe. Isn't that what you want from your football analysts??

no, cause it was espn, a sports channel, and it was stewart scott or wtf ever that was saying stupid ****, he should watch all sports.........

TEEMONT
02-19-2009, 12:36 PM

Your caps lock is on, or are you purposely trying to be a douche. just remember, your precious choke artist college OSU recruited that drug-dealer

--- Added 2/19/2009 at 10:36 AM ---

no, cause it was espn, a sports channel, and it was stewart scott or wtf ever that was saying stupid ****, he should watch all sports.........

lol..Stuart Scott rides lebrons nuts more than anyone on that station.

OC Steel Curtain
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
hahaha pocket change for him

TampaSteelGirl
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Pretty funny how almost all of you hate on Ocho Cinco, but it;s ok for Santonio to do it.

Ocho Stinko ain't a Steeler.... :hehheh:

ejsteeler
02-19-2009, 03:20 PM
And, he is way over the top with his stuff. But, personally, I think the whole no celebration thing is stupid. Any excessive shiat should be handled in house I think. :yesnod:

TampaSteelGirl
02-19-2009, 03:37 PM
First of all why not celebrate??? It's something to be quite proud of! NFL sucks butt and celebrating should be allowed! I love to see what the players are going to come up with...They should all just keep doing it TD after TD until they change this dumb rule..yes I understand it's a 15 yrd penality, but how else will they change it other than abusing it! :yellowthumb:

ejsteeler
02-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Even though I think the NFL is messing up the game, the netwroks are more to blame for the celebrating probloems I think. The have to keep the game moving. The only penalty I think it should be is delay of game. If they can celebrate and still get the PAT without running out of time like a normal play, I say let it be. That way, you can celebrate and the networks get their game speed.

igor0190
02-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Even though I think the NFL is messing up the game, the netwroks are more to blame for the celebrating probloems I think. The have to keep the game moving. The only penalty I think it should be is delay of game. If they can celebrate and still get the PAT without running out of time like a normal play, I say let it be. That way, you can celebrate and the networks get their game speed.

Love the idea! How about as soon as the ref sees any celebration he cues the start of the play clock - 15 seconds. If the team can't get the xtra point off any delay of game is tacked on the kickoff. Let the teams and coaches fine/discipline the ocho cincos and their TD dances.

Steelers4Life
02-20-2009, 11:23 AM
This is awful.... your telling me, that if you score the GAME WINNING catch in one of the greatest super bowls in history, you can't give a little somthin somthin? what is this? pee wee football? its the NFL for crying out loud. Its not like he pulled a Chad Johnson celebration and did something stupid...watever, bottom line is, we won.

dawgs
02-21-2009, 11:11 PM
holmes is the man. I can't hate my OSU boy!!!!!

Stairwayto7
02-21-2009, 11:25 PM
holmes is the man. I can't hate my OSU boy!!!!!

Damn! Best thing that you ever said here!

Tim Lumber
02-22-2009, 12:55 AM
I think the NFL acted very professional in this matter! Holmes went a little overboard with his catch celebration! The NFL has 10,000 good and legit reasons to fine Holmes $10,000 cash! I wonder if he cant afford to pay it,if he will get a late fee!

Steel Trap86
02-22-2009, 03:36 AM
-==
I think the NFL acted very professional in this matter! Holmes went a little overboard with his catch celebration! The NFL has 10,000 good and legit reasons to fine Holmes $10,000 cash! I wonder if he cant afford to pay it,if he will get a late fee!

lol what was so overboard about it? and $10,000 isnt that much money im sure he could handle it!!

Brady Quinn
02-22-2009, 01:01 PM
The fine was seriously retarted. As much as I like to make jokes it was pretty stupid. The most harmless celebration ever fined!

TampaSteelGirl
02-22-2009, 09:48 PM
The fine was seriously retarted. As much as I like to make jokes it was pretty stupid. The most harmless celebration ever fined!

VERY CUTE BABY in your avatar!!!!!....Just needs a Steeler jersey though! :greengrin:

Steel Trap86
02-24-2009, 04:49 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/steelers/

LEBRON DISGUSTED WITH NFL FINING HOLMES Santonio Holmes recently got tattooed by the NFL to the tune of $10,000 for his Super Bowl touchdown celebration that imitated LeBron James' traditional pregame powder-toss.

It was a logical penalty according to the NFL rules, but that doesn't make it any less annoying that amusing NFL celebrations get fined. James apparently agrees too, because when he was informed of the NFL's fine on the Super Bowl MVP, he wasn't very impressed.

"Did he?" James asked. "That's disgusting."

Asked if he thought such celebrations make the game more fun for the fans, James said "absolutely."

"Fun for the fans - fun for me," James said. "I was watching. Us Ohio State Buckeyes, we're alums, man. We've got to stick together."

I'm not entirely sure about the whole "Buckeyes" thing, but I certainly do stand firmly in James' corner here: celebrations in the NFL are awesome as long as they're kept under wraps a little bit. Joe Horn and the cell phone hidden in the goal post a few years back? Probably a bit much, and a touch contrived. Chris Johnson and his impromptu bongo session? Just flat out awesome.

And frankly, it would be nice if Roger Goodell would see the light, a la James, and understand that fans are, by definition, what make football so popular. And, for the most part, we love post-touchdown celebrations as long as they're clever and in somewhat good taste.

lol looks like not to many people care except cards fans, cause we all know if they had drew the penalty that 15 yards would have won them the superbowl right :lol: :lol: :lol: