PDA

View Full Version : Clutch play separates Roethlisberger and Dallas Cowboys' Romo

ejsteeler
02-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Clutch play separates Roethlisberger and Dallas Cowboys' Romo
09:01 PM CST on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sometimes we get so consumed with stats that we forget that winning and losing are really all that matters.

That's why Ben Roethlisberger is better than Tony Romo.

You wouldn't have convinced me of that a few months ago because Roethlisberger, who had 17 touchdown passes and 15 interceptions this season, usually plays such an ugly game.

Like so many others, I put too much credence on stats and style and not enough on performance and substance.

But when you watch Roethlisberger struggle for three quarters against Dallas before leading the Steelers on their only touchdown drive eight plays and 67 yards with 2:04 left, setting up Deshea Townsend's interception return for a touchdown in the Steelers' 20-13 win over Dallas, it affects you.

Just as it affects you when you watch Roethlisberger lead the Steelers on a game-winning touchdown drive in the Super Bowl after seeing the Cardinals take an improbable 23-20 lead with less than three minutes left.

At winning time, Roethlisberger plays his best. And he does it when it matters most. It doesn't matter what Roethlisberger has done in the first three quarters. Everyone on the field and in the stadium knows he's going to get it done at the end of the game.

As long as there's time on the clock, Roethlisberger thinks he's going to win. Those are among the reasons he has two Super Bowl championships in his first five seasons.

Romo had a 114.7 rating with nine touchdowns and an interception in the fourth quarter of games this season. He had a 97.4 passer rating with nine touchdowns and four interceptions on third down, the most important down in football.

He's 27-12 as a starter.

None of that matters because he's 0-2 as a playoff starter and the Cowboys were humbled, 44-6, in a win-and-get-in game against Philadelphia in the regular-season finale.

We shouldn't have been surprised considering he had a 67.9 rating with five touchdowns and six interceptions in December.

We question Romo's leadership, commitment and preparation because he hasn't played his best football when it has mattered most. Until he does, his gaudy stats won't matter because they lack substance.
Wow, someone from Dallas not blinded by the light of the stars....:yellowthumb:

igor0190
02-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Don't discount Romo's surrounding cast either. A large contributor to his stats is because of what is around him.

Another thing seperating these guys is athletic ability and talent. There's a reason why Ben was the 10th pick and Romo a late round or was he undrafted?

I was appalled when I heard the Cowboys paid Romo so much money. Don't get me wrong, I think he is still a good QB. A lot of the Cowboys problems are clearly related to chemistry in the locker room.

AZ_Steeler
02-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Romo is the master of choking... Think back to the game against Seattle in the playoffs and the botched snap, then just this past season in Pittsburgh then against the Eagles. The dude is great when nothing is on the line, but put some pressure on him and he's below mediocre!

HUNT4SEVEN
02-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Romo is the master of choking... Think back to the game against Seattle in the playoffs and the botched snap, then just this past season in Pittsburgh then against the Eagles. The dude is great when nothing is on the line, but put some pressure on him and he's below mediocre!

:ditto:Ben is money more times than not, an Homo errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Romo is an choke artist:hehheh:

Steel Trap86
02-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Romo is pre-season hype, everybody puts him and the cowboys in the superbowl before the season even starts. a lot of these fans seem to forget that you have to WIN a playoff game, better yet make the ****ing playoffs before you can win a superbowl.

ben will always be better then romo, the steelers will always be better then the cowboys.

Dean Denton
02-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Clutch play separates Roethlisberger and Dallas Cowboys' Romo....This is not the most glaring thing that separates these two in my mind. Sexual preference. Romo is so gay. Look at the Sea Hag Romo hangs out with....yuk!!!!! Oceans seperate these guys, and Romo being a total flop is just a small part of it.

LarryNJ
02-18-2009, 11:53 AM
No wonder Jessica got fat.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Look at the stability of the Steelers organization that Ben has with him as opposed to the cluster **** that Romo deals. All that drama surrounding his team is detrimental to any QB, I don't care who you are. Ben is head and shoulders a better QB than Romo and when the game is on the line it's no contest, Ben gets the nod hands down every time. There is absolutely no way that Romo would have been able to make that drive in Baltimore to win the game, much less the drive in the SB to win either!

Silverback 92
02-18-2009, 02:04 PM

you mean FAT not PHAT correct

ejsteeler
02-18-2009, 02:09 PM

Exactly! See, Romo ruins everything! :lol:

Dean Denton
02-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Exactly! See, Romo ruins everything! :lol:Too funny...lol

TampaSteelGirl
02-18-2009, 03:50 PM
No shiat he's better than Romo...How many rings does Romo have??? Discussion eneded!!

Dean Denton
02-18-2009, 03:52 PM
No shiat he's better than Romo...How many rings does Romo have??? Discussion eneded!!
So with that, are you saying Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are better then Dan Marino because Dan never got a ring? Just asking....

ejsteeler
02-18-2009, 03:53 PM

:yellowthumb: :cope:

TampaSteelGirl
02-18-2009, 03:54 PM
So with that, are you saying Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are better then Dan Marino because Dan never got a ring? Just asking....

This discussion isn't about Dan Marino and the others...it's about Ben and Romo...besides I though Dan had a ring. :thinking:

LarryNJ
02-18-2009, 03:55 PM
you mean FAT not PHAT correct

Yes I do! Although Jessica's FAT is still pretty PHAT! ;)

TampaSteelGirl
02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
I think Jessica looks good..she's not fat at ALL...geez the girl meatys up and now sh'es fat? Well if she's fat than the world is mental!!!

Dean Denton
02-18-2009, 03:59 PM
This discussion isn't about Dan Marino and the others...it's about Ben and Romo...besides I though Dan had a ring. :thinking: No rings for Dan. And I was just saying rings shouldn't define you as a QB in some cases because it takes a team to win it. Ben is just better because he wins when you need him too, and Romo chokes at that same moment. Not to mention their sexual preference.

Troyisabeast_43
02-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Like a lot of people are saying on here and like they should be saying in the National Media when they compare Ben to Romo, it's not even worth discussion until Tony Romo finds a way to win not only just one Super Bowl but also find a way to win one ****ing playoff game as well. When I hear over the course of the last few years people in the media try and say Romo is better then Ben I cringe and it makes me want to rip my hair out at how brainwashed and ****ed up people in the media really are sometimes. Tony Romo is an overrated ****. He has a very I dont give a **** attitude about him if you watch him talk in his press conferences after games he either wins and especially if he loses. He has no heart,no guts from what I gather from him, and unlike Ben who has both of those and then some he just doesnt have the heart of a champion. You get what you pay for the old saying goes, and what Jerry Jones got when he paid Tony Romo that big contract before even remotely proving himself is a bonafide loser in my opinion who will never even come close to sniffing a Super Bowl Championship the way I see it.

Dean Denton
02-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Like a lot of people are saying on here and like they should be saying in the National Media when they compare Ben to Romo, it's not even worth discussion until Tony Romo finds a way to win not only just one Super Bowl but also find a way to win one ****ing playoff game as well. When I hear over the course of the last few years people in the media try and say Romo is better then Ben I cringe and it makes me want to rip my hair out at how brainwashed and ****ed up people in the media really are sometimes. Tony Romo is an overrated ****. He has a very I dont give a **** attitude about him if you watch him talk in his press conferences after games he either wins and especially if he loses. He has no heart,no guts from what I gather from him, and unlike Ben who has both of those and then some he just doesnt have the heart of a champion. You get what you pay for the old saying goes, and what Jerry Jones got when he paid Tony Romo that big contract before even remotely proving himself is a bonafide loser in my opinion who will never even come close to sniffing a Super Bowl Championship the way I see it. I think if Jones could take back the money he gave Romo he would. Romo was given so much money, and what a waste. I am no NFL QB, but I promise I could make some of those throws to T.O. And could choke just as good as Romo. Paying on potential needs to stop or most of these teams that do it will continue to suffer.

Callax
02-18-2009, 09:33 PM
fACT:
BEN IS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ROMO, HE IS A FLASH IN THE PAN....BEN IS A FUTURE HOF, BARRING INJURY.
BEN WINS PERIOD!!!!
NOT PRETTY, BUT A WIN IS A WIN!!!!!

TampaSteelGirl
02-19-2009, 10:18 AM
No rings for Dan. And I was just saying rings shouldn't define you as a QB in some cases because it takes a team to win it. Ben is just better because he wins when you need him too, and Romo chokes at that same moment. Not to mention their sexual preference.

:eek1:....you said the word sex......:grin1:

Dean Denton
02-19-2009, 11:56 AM
:eek1:....you said the word sex......:grin1: I know, and I try not to use such a grown up word, but it slips out from time to time. My therapist says that I am getting much better at learning to deal with my inadequesies in that department, and being able to talk about it helps in mastering and or overcoming my inabilities in this most troubling area of my life. I have found that if I get my wife really drunk I am much better.....lol Who needs Extenze?????

TampaSteelGirl
02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
I know, and I try not to use such a grown up word, but it slips out from time to time. My therapist says that I am getting much better at learning to deal with my inadequesies in that department, and being able to talk about it helps in mastering and or overcoming my inabilities in this most troubling area of my life. I have found that if I get my wife really drunk I am much better.....lol Who needs Extenze?????

So shall I be charging you for these therapy sessions????? LOL!!
I think you can use a much bigger word next time! :yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
So shall I be charging you for these therapy sessions????? LOL!!
I think you can use a much bigger word next time! :yellowthumb: Like Sexplotations??????lol

TampaSteelGirl
02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Like Sexplotations??????lol

That's pretty big BUT.......I think you can do better than that! Go on...try it! :grin1:

ejsteeler
02-19-2009, 02:18 PM
I think he meant Sexploitations, but I could be wrong....:dunno:

TampaSteelGirl
02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I think he meant Sexploitations, but I could be wrong....:dunno:

Damn!!! See he gets a big word to come out and can't even spell it right!! Bad dog!:nono:

Dean Denton
02-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Damn!!! See he gets a big word to come out and can't even spell it right!! Bad dog!:nono: I have a small screen and I cant always see the words in great detail, even with my 20/20 vision. So dont make fun. Its hard because I live with so many obbsessive variations of conflicting psychosexualities that my eyes struggle to focus on a tiny screens......lol

ejsteeler
02-19-2009, 03:07 PM
I have a small screen and I cant always see the words in great detail, even with my 20/20 vision. So dont make fun. Its hard because I live with so many obbsessive variations of conflicting psychosexualities that my eyes struggle to focus on a tiny screens......lol

:lol: Dam man, sounds like issues.....

TampaSteelGirl
02-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I have a small screen and I cant always see the words in great detail, even with my 20/20 vision. So dont make fun. Its hard because I live with so many obbsessive variations of conflicting psychosexualities that my eyes struggle to focus on a tiny screens......lol

huh? :scratch::pullhair:

Dean Denton
02-19-2009, 03:37 PM
huh? :scratch::pullhair: Is that not what you asked for? Dont try to desexualize the situation when I answer you the way you request me too. It only confuses me, and could cause long term hypersexual tense in my already antisexual life style....lol

TampaSteelGirl
02-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Is that not what you asked for? Dont try to desexualize the situation when I answer you the way you request me too. It only confuses me, and could cause long term hypersexual tense in my already antisexual life style....lol

:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

Dean Denton
02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch: Is my transsexualism making you confused? Should I try something a little easier for you? Are you just lost or what?....lol Help Please!!!!!!!!

TampaSteelGirl
02-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Is my transsexualism making you confused? Should I try something a little easier for you? Are you just lost or what?....lol Help Please!!!!!!!!

I knew that pic on the avatar was YOU!! You're quite striking!!! :grin1:

Dean Denton
02-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I knew that pic on the avatar was YOU!! You're quite striking!!! :grin1: Thank you. Those are really by the way. Everyone loves me. Go check out my new movie, Nothing but the Truth....its wonderful...

TampaSteelGirl
02-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Thank you. Those are really by the way. Everyone loves me. Go check out my new movie, Nothing but the Truth....its wonderful...

You're the prettiest Tranny i've ever seen! I just KNEW they were real!! Oh so supple!! :greengrin:
I"ll have to check out your movie!:yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
02-20-2009, 01:13 PM
You're the prettiest Tranny i've ever seen! I just KNEW they were real!! Oh so supple!! :greengrin:
I"ll have to check out your movie!:yellowthumb:Again, thank you. I hear that a lot. Its hard to be a beautiful tranny in america today. People really frown on it. I just have to be me, and thats all I can do. If your into action check out my Underworld series. If you want a tearjerker check out Snow Angels...I do this for my fans. I learned it from Michael Jackson. He turned himself into this ghoulish like creature for his fans, so I have changed myself into something of a hybrid in comparison....xoxoxoxoxo

ejsteeler
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Alright, you two need a private room.....:nahnah:

TampaSteelGirl
02-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Again, thank you. I hear that a lot. Its hard to be a beautiful tranny in america today. People really frown on it. I just have to be me, and thats all I can do. If your into action check out my Underworld series. If you want a tearjerker check out Snow Angels...I do this for my fans. I learned it from Michael Jackson. He turned himself into this ghoulish like creature for his fans, so I have changed myself into something of a hybrid in comparison....xoxoxoxoxo

Rrrrriiiiiiiiiiiighttttttttt.....:sHa_okay:

--- Added 2/20/2009 at 12:32 PM ---

Alright, you two need a private room.....:nahnah:

NO way! He might steal my lipstick!!! :grin1:

ejsteeler
02-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Might!?

TampaSteelGirl
02-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Might!?

Yea for his beautiful pouty lips...:greengrin:

Dean Denton
02-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Rrrrriiiiiiiiiiiighttttttttt.....:sHa_okay:

--- Added 2/20/2009 at 12:32 PM ---

NO way! He might steal my lipstick!!! :grin1:It's not stealing when its taken directly from the lips?.....lol

TampaSteelGirl
02-20-2009, 08:32 PM
It's not stealing when its taken directly from the lips?.....lol

:jawdrop:

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-22-2009, 09:06 PM
http://bricksandstonesgossip.com/2009/01/28/latest-star-cover-tony-romo-cheating-on-jessica-simpson/ don't u like the gossip rags.
who's got character/ lol

TampaSteelGirl
02-23-2009, 10:19 AM
That's crap! I really don't believe he cheated on her...If so I feel sorry for her..He doesnt' seem the type to cheat though..Dont know..