PDA

View Full Version : Jonsin for some Steelers football...

TampaSteelGirl
02-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Wow!! This past sunday I sure was craving some Steelers football...guess i'll have to wait till the DVD comes out. I can't wait till the season starts already....seem so lost on sunday now......good thing I have 2 kids to keep me busy now!!!
:bunny:

DIESELMAN
02-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah no doubt right!! 6 Lombardis should ease the pain though!!!

lloydfan4life
02-17-2009, 12:48 PM
I normally just pop in a dvd of a recorded Steelers game. :yellowthumb:

HUNT4SEVEN
02-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I record every game during the year, except the ones we lose or give away:lol: like the Colts an G-men games, but since we won the SuperBowl, i just ordered the sport illusrated package:yellowthumb: I can't wait to recieve it:rant2: this will help me get through untill July when we go to camp an get our 7th superbowl throphy:yellowthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
02-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I can't wait to get the DVD. My husband and I had to watch the Superbowl several times afterwards!! August can't get here soon enough!!

Troyisabeast_43
02-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I record every game during the year, except the ones we lose or give away:lol: like the Colts an G-men games, but since we won the SuperBowl, i just ordered the sport illusrated package:yellowthumb: I can't wait to recieve it:rant2: this will help me get through untill July when we go to camp an get our 7th superbowl throphy:yellowthumb:

I tape every game as well but unlike you I keep even the games we lose. I think it's good to even look back at the games we lose especially the last game we lost in Tennessee and see them stomp on the towel again only to have them choke in the playoffs and the Steelers go on to win the Super Bowl. But aside from the games we lost there are some great comeback wins to watch as well aside from the playoffs and Super Bowl of course. Games such as both regular season Ravens games,the Jags game,the Cowboys game, and of course it doesnt hurt to watch the *** kicking the Steelers put on the Pats in New England on the last day of November as well. Just a great memorable season that I definitely still want to keep enjoying and reflecting back on before I even attempt to worry about or focus on next season.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-17-2009, 05:12 PM
I will be ordering the DVD to and yes I miss football season already....Not just the Steelers but football season period.....I watched other games besides the Steelers and never missed Sunday, Monday, Thursday night football.....Of course there is nothing like watching the Steelers but it sucks not having the NFL period.....I'm struggle to find something to watch during Sundays and on Monday night..lol

Pitt basketball does help some since they're doing well....

Dean Denton
02-17-2009, 05:19 PM
I Tivo'd the SB and have watched it twice. Its funny, the only other games I recorded this year were the Giants and the Colts games. Both loses and both heart breaking. They have been deleted....I cant wait for the DVD...The Road to SB XLIII. I hate the off season. Thank god for Boxing and Monday Night Raw......

BlitzburghRockCity
02-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I have the SB on DVR so I have that to hold me through for now. My mind is getting a much needed stress relief from this season though..LOL...what a crazy year! Last Sunday I went to turn on the TV to see what pregames I could watch and then it hit me that there is no more till preseason now :(

Troyisabeast_43
02-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I will be ordering the DVD to and yes I miss football season already....Not just the Steelers but football season period.....I watched other games besides the Steelers and never missed Sunday, Monday, Thursday night football.....Of course there is nothing like watching the Steelers but it sucks not having the NFL period.....I'm struggle to find something to watch during Sundays and on Monday night..lol

I know it does suck not having anything to watch during the course of the week anymore on the NFL Network which I am absolutely addicted too during the entire football season through the course of the entire week and on Sunday's as well. Ill be looking forward to the draft day thing at Heinz Field on Saturday April 25th I always end up going to that and making it an all day affair at Heinz Field, and enjoy what usually is a perfect warm spring day in the city of Pittsburgh. Until then I am going to continue to enjoy and reflect on this amazing season with all the Steelers stuff I bought and put up in my gameroom, and also all the clothes and hats and I stuff which I have been wearing a lot as well. I will pay attention to what occurs here in free agency and what not, but I really will probably not start focusing on next season until the draft day thing in April.

You dont get a chance to enjoy Super Bowl wins too often as fans, and realize how hard they are to come by and accomplish. As Steelers fans we have been blessed to see 6 overall and 2 out of the last 4 years. I know myself I go through so much emotion each and every Sunday from September to January every year and when your team ends up being the one that holds up that trophy in early February it makes it all worth the while. This year was especially a draining one on myself no doubt as I am sure it was on many of you guys as well. I am sure all of you guys notice all the time and effort I put into my playoff scenarios post each and every week when they start to matter in late October and early November lol. So that right there should show you how much I focus on it and how much time I put into it during the course of the entire season. It was an amazing year and I definitely am going to continue to enjoy it completely until at least draft day in late April. Once that rolls around I will for the most part move on from this season and begin to focus on next season officially.

TampaSteelGirl
02-18-2009, 12:36 PM

Me too I watch every game, sunday, monday, thursday..it's nice having football 3 nights a week!!! I watch the NFL Network now!

memphissteelergirl
02-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Anyone have an idea when the 2008 "America's Game" DVD might be released?

SteelCityKid5
02-20-2009, 12:35 PM
I find myself lost on Sunday afternoons. It's boring, I'm not "feeling kinda Sunday" anymore. It was best put by Dean Denton, thank God for Monday Night Raw.

ejsteeler
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I was just catcing crap from my wife last night because I was watching the San Diego game again......I told her to wait until I get the season video and have watched it a few times...:cope:

TampaSteelGirl
02-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I"m not feeling kinda sunday either... :exhausted: