PDA

View Full Version : Did NFL Send Letter of Apology?

Maverick
02-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Hello. Someone told me the NFL sent a letter of apology for this play, as there was holding. This was the deciding play in the playoffs two seasons ago, in the Jacksonville game.

I have been unable to see holding, or find a reference to a letter of apology. Does anyone have any information on this? (click on arrow to see video)

http://ballhype.com/video/david_garrard_beat_the_steelers/

stLlRfn14
02-16-2009, 01:08 PM
the holding is on harrison on the right side...but we shall never know if he would have got him if he wasnt held:evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Harrison getting held is like a kid wanting a lollipop..it happens all the time anymore we're just used to it.

ejsteeler
02-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Letters of apology are meaningless and solve nothing except to fuel the fire of conspiracy for whatever fan base the letter is addressed.

Dean Denton
02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Letters of apology are meaningless and solve nothing except to fuel the fire of conspiracy for whatever fan base the letter is addressed. True, but when there is no letter sent, like was the case for the Seattle Seahawks after SB XL....that makes us Steeler fans that live in Seattle extremely happy. Like we didn't have enough to laugh about....Then the league gives Seattle a big F U, you just got beat, and you suck. Let me tell ya, there is something special about a letter being sent or not sent that can make fans happy. Troy and the Steelers getting a letter about a blown INT VS. the Colts in 2005 made a lot of people happy because it did not matter, they could not cheat us, and we over came crappy ref's and still kicked ***.....I love the letter.....I think Tom Brady should be getting a letter soon about when would be the right time to come out of the closet....Its really up to the league....lol

Maverick
02-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah I know Harrison gets held a lot. They said in the Super Bowl they could have called it almost every play.

The Gerard run was a dramatic game changing play, if not for that run the Steelers could have won two Super Bowls in a row. Even with the hold I don't understand how Troy P let a QB fake him out like that.

--- Added 2/16/2009 at 05:08 PM ---

the holding is on harrison on the right side...but we shall never know if he would have got him if he wasnt held:evilshake:

OK I saw it. It was away from the ball that is why I missed it before. THanks.

Callax
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
I believe that letter was sent to the steelers in MAy of 2008 about 4 months after the blown call.
thanks REF's
here's your white sticks and shades!!!

SteelersGirlTN7
09-29-2009, 02:25 AM
Yes, there was definitely an apology ..

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13184

That game still sucks ... as hard as we tried to come back .. we still couldn't beat the refs that time ...