PDA

View Full Version : Daily Film Study: F-You, Whiz!!

swissvale72
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Every morning, while I'm doing my workout, fighting the human body's version of beachfront erosion (can't hope to win, only to delay the inevitable), I watch some Pittsburgh Steelers video.

Today's study was the NBC post-game which I'd not yet re-watched. My apologies in advance as this has undoubtedly been noted & commented.

Whiz must have studies at the knee of The Walrus, The Fat **** Mike Holmgren when it comes to The Bitch & The Whine. He's being interviewed by Alex Flanagan, who I think is solid with her football, and is asked about any regrets. Whiz talks about the proliferation of penalties, how it was regrettable and specifically allowed the Steelers to extend drives.

The facts, Whizbone!!

*One Steeler drive was extended by penalty.....the drive for the FG in 3Q
*The Steelers initial possession of 4Q began with a hold on AZ, after which the Steelers went 3 & out, and the Cards mounted their comeback.

Conversely,
*A Steelers 2Q possession, on which Ben hit Santonio on 3rd & 12 for a first down was negated by a holding call ON THE STEELERS
*The Hartwig hold, ON THE STEELERS, damn near delivered the Lombardi Trophy to the ****in' Bidwell Redbirds. Steelers would have had first down, 21 yard line, 2:58 left, Cards with 1 timeout remaining.
*The Kemo hold, ON THE STEELERS, on the game-winning drive, didn't exactly help out.

As was noted in an earlier post, Steelers incurred 5 major penalites, 2 personal fouls, 2 holds, 1 unsportsmanlike in the game's final 5:28. Cards had ZERO penalties during this time.

Oh....Whiz....Cowher coaching tree.....fires a coordinator after a SB loss. **** you, Whiz!!

One last thing....think it was on LiveWire....right before the Harrison pick, Tomlin correctly states that no way will Cards pass, but incorrectly indicates that one incomplete, and Cards are kicking the FG. Don't think so, Miike. That ball falls incomplete, still likely 13 tics remaining, even with no timeouts left, Cards are going EZ again.....and maybe on 3rd down as well.

Dean Denton
02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Where did he learn to cry like that? Like you clearly show, we were the ones getting the flags. If not for our mistakes we would hasve blown them out and there would have been no Cardinal comeback...They suck anyways and Boldin is leaving to Philly....

Troyisabeast_43
02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Every morning, while I'm doing my workout, fighting the human body's version of beachfront erosion (can't hope to win, only to delay the inevitable), I watch some Pittsburgh Steelers video.

Today's study was the NBC post-game which I'd not yet re-watched. My apologies in advance as this has undoubtedly been noted & commented.

Whiz must have studies at the knee of The Walrus, The Fat **** Mike Holmgren when it comes to The Bitch & The Whine. He's being interviewed by Alex Flanagan, who I think is solid with her football, and is asked about any regrets. Whiz talks about the proliferation of penalties, how it was regrettable and specifically allowed the Steelers to extend drives.

The facts, Whizbone!!

*One Steeler drive was extended by penalty.....the drive for the FG in 3Q
*The Steelers initial possession of 4Q began with a hold on AZ, after which the Steelers went 3 & out, and the Cards mounted their comeback.

Conversely,
*A Steelers 2Q possession, on which Ben hit Santonio on 3rd & 12 for a first down was negated by a holding call ON THE STEELERS
*The Hartwig hold, ON THE STEELERS, damn near delivered the Lombardi Trophy to the ****in' Bidwell Redbirds. Steelers would have had first down, 21 yard line, 2:58 left, Cards with 1 timeout remaining.
*The Kemo hold, ON THE STEELERS, on the game-winning drive, didn't exactly help out.

As was noted in an earlier post, Steelers incurred 5 major penalites, 2 personal fouls, 2 holds, 1 unsportsmanlike in the game's final 5:28. Cards had ZERO penalties during this time.

Oh....Whiz....Cowher coaching tree.....fires a coordinator after a SB loss. **** you, Whiz!!

One last thing....think it was on LiveWire....right before the Harrison pick, Tomlin correctly states that no way will Cards pass, but incorrectly indicates that one incomplete, and Cards are kicking the FG. Don't think so, Miike. That ball falls incomplete, still likely 13 tics remaining, even with no timeouts left, Cards are going EZ again.....and maybe on 3rd down as well.

Im glad you brought this up Swiss and posted this because I thought of the exact samething when I ended up watching this same interview with Whiz on NBC right after the Trophy presentation. And yes while he did give the Steelers credit for making the plays and Holmes making the catch at the end of the game, he was real reluctant to do so and he really did as you mentioned seemed to put a strong strong emphasis on the penalties called in the game like it was the MAIN reason that the Cards lost. The fact of the matter is penalties had nothing to do with the Steelers driving down on the Cards defense on the game winning drive. Hell like you mentioned the Cardinals got the benefit of the calls especially at the end of the game with the safety call and then holding penalty which made it first and 20 at the Steelers own 12. Whisenhunt when push comes to shove in my eyes is a chip off the old block of Bill Cowher. He plays things too close to edge and is way too conservative and like you said I believe he doesnot represent the same kind of leadership characteristics that Tomlin has. Whisenhunt might have success and win in Arizona, but when push comes to shove he will rot there for a long time and never see a Super Bowl ring because I just dont think the guy has what it takes to win a championship.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
If you're not good enough to overcome the penalties in a game then you don't deserve to win. When you put the fate of your team in the hands of the officials you're asking for trouble. Cowher used to always emphasize that we don't win or lose because of the officials. You win or lose because you did or didn't make enough plays to help your team.

Whiz needs to take it like a man and stop feeling sorry for himself. You lost, get over it, the team that didn't want you as the head coach just beat you in the super bowl. That's reality man, get over it and move on!

HUNT4SEVEN
02-10-2009, 09:00 PM
If you're not good enough to overcome the penalties in a game then you don't deserve to win. When you put the fate of your team in the hands of the officials you're asking for trouble. Cowher used to always emphasize that we don't win or lose because of the officials. You win or lose because you did or didn't make enough plays to help your team.

Whiz needs to take it like a man and stop feeling sorry for himself. You lost, get over it, the team that didn't want you as the head coach just beat you in the super bowl. That's reality man, get over it and move on!
:ditto: man this is really old:yesnod: get over it whiz

igor0190
02-10-2009, 10:29 PM
We were clearly the better team than the Seahawks AND Cards. That is why we won the game. We overcame our lack of a perfect game to still pull out wins. No, look where the whining got the Seahawks. Where are they now! lol. I predict the Cards will be in the same boat if they continue the whining.

Ambridge
02-11-2009, 09:35 AM
No surprise at all!!
My wife and myself were coming home after a Superbowl Party from her cousins house and we were listening to the Sirius NFL Radio Superbowl Post-game Show and they were playing a live interview with "Whisen(Holmgen)hunt" and all he wanted to talk about was how there wasn't any review of the Warner fumble.

I told my wife that this is sounding like sour grapes already and I hope he doesn't start a bunch of garbage like The Walrus and the Seahawks did in '05.

Get over it already Whiz!!:2fingers:

memphissteelergirl
02-11-2009, 10:16 AM
A poster brought this up on another MB. It is really surprising-and disappointing-that Whiz would go there especially after the way Holmgren embarrassed himself whining about the officiating at SB XL-a SB Whiz helped the Steelers to win.

Sad, Whiz....Real. Sad. :evilshake:

TampaSteelGirl
02-11-2009, 11:33 AM

Always!! And i'm sure it's Tomlins philosophy as well..we don't win or lose because of the officials...if we can't make the big plays and overcome then we didn't deserve to win.....man the Cards team is falling apart though...don't see them making Super Bowl next year...

ejsteeler
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Always!! And i'm sure it's Tomlins philosophy as well..we don't win or lose because of the officials...if we can't make the big plays and overcome then we didn't deserve to win.....man the Cards team is falling apart though...don't see them making Super Bowl next year...

Agreed. This year was as close as they get for a while....

Moondog
02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
It's a shame that people try to taint the Steeler's victory out of an inability to accept reality. Crying about refs and conspiracy theories is for losers, end of story.