PDA

View Full Version : SI- Peter King on Big Ben

Stairwayto7
02-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Great read, with Ben Roethlisberger. Was just published yesterday 2/9

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/02/08/steelers/index.html

DIESELMAN
02-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Nice read!! Definitely wouldn't want anyone else as QB but Ben when it comes to needing a drive like that to win the SB.

ejsteeler
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Amazing read! Gotta love this kid.

Stairwayto7
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah I thought the same thing! it was well worth the read.

Dean Denton
02-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Good read, but I already knew all these things. I'm still waiting for the article about Ben walking on water....lo

AZ_Steeler
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
That is an awesome story!!! I could read that over and over again... it's was kind of weird though because there were so many split decisions Ben made and who knows what would have happened had he made those other decisions... makes me sick wondering what might have happened! :)

Stairwayto7
02-10-2009, 01:57 PM
That is an awesome story!!! I could read that over and over again... it's was kind of weird though because there were so many split decisions Ben made and who knows what would have happened had he made those other decisions... makes me sick wondering what might have happened! :)

Funny thing, I read it twice. My boss, who is an avid browns fan, is the one that told me to read it! He said that Peter King is his favorite writer, and that he thought it was an awesome read:plus1:

floodcitygirl
02-10-2009, 04:47 PM
This was great! Thanks for posting it.

Stairwayto7
02-10-2009, 04:55 PM
This was great! Thanks for posting it.

Awe don`t mention it!

Troyisabeast_43
02-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Just goes to show you how important of a player and how underrated a guy like Mewelde Moore was this season with the things he ended up doing on this drive as the 3rd down back. But overall this is a great read and it goes without saying that none of us will ever forget this amazing drive by Ben Roethlisberger and the clutch throws that he had to make with everything on the line. That drive by Ben was quite simply a masterpiece.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I think it's safe to say that Ben has clearly met and IMO exceeded any realistic goals we as fans had for him when he was drafted. Let's face it we were decades removed from our last super bowl and drafting at #11 in the first round there was clearly nowhere to go but up. Did any of us think in his 1st 5 years that we would have 2 super bowl wins? The fastest QB to 50 wins in NFL history, etc etc etc ?

It's clear that this team would not be where it is today with Ben there. Yes he had a lot of help from great teammates like Bettis, Ward, the defense, etc. but suffice it to say Ben is the leader of this team and everybody knows it. We go as far as he will take us. Clearly the sky is the limit as long as he's healthy and playing at a high level.

Dean Denton
02-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I think it's safe to say that Ben has clearly met and IMO exceeded any realistic goals we as fans had for him when he was drafted. Let's face it we were decades removed from our last super bowl and drafting at #11 in the first round there was clearly nowhere to go but up. Did any of us think in his 1st 5 years that we would have 2 super bowl wins? The fastest QB to 50 wins in NFL history, etc etc etc ?

It's clear that this team would not be where it is today with Ben there. Yes he had a lot of help from great teammates like Bettis, Ward, the defense, etc. but suffice it to say Ben is the leader of this team and everybody knows it. We go as far as he will take us. Clearly the sky is the limit as long as he's healthy and playing at a high level. you are right. I really think its all about Ben. think about how many great teams the Steelers have had in the last 25 years. None of them led with a good QB. Great talent everywhere else though. There were a few teams in the 90's that I would put against this new era thats led by Ben. The only difference will be Ben. He really is the best since Bradshaw. The guy is bad ***, and as gone above and beyond what we thought he would.

Andalusi
02-10-2009, 08:36 PM
This is my first year watching football so I apologize for my ignorance, but am I the only one that thinks he was playing better after the concussion?

steelcityrockers
02-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Not to take anything away from Roethlisberger, but Peter King knows nothing about football.

NOVA STEELERS
02-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Awesome Read :bigthumb: :woot:

OC Steel Curtain
02-11-2009, 09:49 AM
good reading.

Dean Denton
02-11-2009, 12:47 PM
This is my first year watching football so I apologize for my ignorance, but am I the only one that thinks he was playing better after the concussion?
He might have been getting rid of the ball faster but I wouldn't say playing better. I think the teams got weaker. I think San Diego and Arizona were a step down on defense compaired to what he faced most of the year.

vtwin_gary
02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
a-ben

stLlRfn14
02-11-2009, 11:52 PM
ben showed why he is the 3rd best qb in the league behind pure pocket passers manning and brady. ben can do it all and i can see him getting at least 1 or 2 more super bowls before he retires. Great read tho and i cant wait for next season to start!!!!:cope:

Stairwayto7
02-12-2009, 08:18 AM
I`m glad everyone enjoyed the read as much as I did. Now that some of the hoopla has died down, I will probably read it again!

Dean Denton
02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
ben showed why he is the 3rd best qb in the league behind pure pocket passers manning and brady. ben can do it all and i can see him getting at least 1 or 2 more super bowls before he retires. Great read tho and i cant wait for next season to start!!!!:cope:Behind Manning and Brady???? Ben is leading the charge on this new Hybrid QB called. "I'm better then all of you bitches." Sure thoughs other two pole puffers are good, but they cant do what Ben does best, and Ben can do what they do. He's #1 in my book. Just win baby....Style points, whats that???????

ejsteeler
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I love how most of the writers and commentators are saying that the Cheatriots should be the SB favorite if Tommy starts. I can't wait to smack them down.......

Dean Denton
02-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I love how most of the writers and commentators are saying that the Cheatriots should be the SB favorite if Tommy starts. I can't wait to smack them down....... Its easy for them to say that now because Kimo the knee killer retired. Brady...thats laughable man...He's finished.

Andalusi
02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
He might have been getting rid of the ball faster but I wouldn't say playing better. I think the teams got weaker. I think San Diego and Arizona were a step down on defense compaired to what he faced most of the year.

I suppose that makes more sense than him playing better because he got hit on the head.