PDA

View Full Version : Holmes game Winning Catch?

STEELERJERSEY
02-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Now the media in general,and whinny Cardinal fans are saying Holmes didn't
get both feet down on th game winning catch.What are they goinna do?.......dissect every play that they feel went against them and try to get a moral victory??!!??Bottem line Card supporters--you didn't score enogh points to win and if your "D" could've stopped us from the 12 yrd. line with 2:something to go then MAYBE you'd have something to talk about.

Ibleedblk&gld
02-07-2009, 08:37 AM
meh, ppl will bitch about it...just how the cookie crumbles...

proof that he had both feet down, w/ possession

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2130/208/5/72405299/n72405299_31605174_5093.jpg

here's a picture that has a lot of ppl guessing though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdK5z4xK7Rk

yinzer
02-07-2009, 09:01 AM
first of all, santonio got BOTH feet down. there are multiple views that PROVE that. second, tell all the haters you know that if they didn't let ben march 88 yards down their throats in the first place, maybe they would've had a chance. typical of haters to bitch about the ONE PLAY as opposed to the ENTIRE DRIVE that won the game for us. they couldn't stop us so F*CK them.

arizona fans are like seasquak and ratbird fans rolled into one.

AZ_Steeler
02-07-2009, 11:50 AM
arizona fans are like seasquak and ratbird fans rolled into one.
I think you nailed the problem... all the fans that were pulling for the Cardinals are probably fans of the Seahawks and Ravens because the Cardinals don't have their own fans! :D

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2009, 12:15 PM
He initially had both feet down with possession then when he's coming down and hitting the ground the 2nd toe comes up...it was a TD.. GTO over it already and stop being like Ravens and Seahawk fans!

DanRooney
02-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Now the media in general,and whinny Cardinal fans are saying Holmes didn't
get both feet down on th game winning catch.What are they goinna do?.......dissect every play that they feel went against them and try to get a moral victory??!!??Bottem line Card supporters--you didn't score enogh points to win and if your "D" could've stopped us from the 12 yrd. line with 2:something to go then MAYBE you'd have something to talk about.

Anyone have the pic of Fitzgerald's first touchdown that hit the turf?

Forged in Steel
02-07-2009, 12:19 PM
That YouTube video/picture is a late picture, just like the new cover of SI.

TEEMONT
02-07-2009, 12:39 PM
eh...shoe on the other foot...Steelers fans would be bitching just as much, if not more.

Steel Trap86
02-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Cards fans will never let it go, they think because they won a few playoff games after a 60 year drought they were supposed to have the Superbowl handed to them so they could "shock the world". They were never big underdogs in the Superbowl as they claimed either, Maurice-Jones Drew, Clinton Portis, Marshall Faulk, Drew Brees, Steve Mariucci and half of all the analysts said Arizona would win the Superbowl.
If anybody is gonna bitch about officiating its Steeler Nation on calling that safety in the endzone with 3 minutes to play and then that questionable holding penalty on the game winning drive that put us at 1st & 20 on the ****ing 12 yard line.

Eat **** Woodpeckers...you lost.

BlitzburghNation
02-07-2009, 12:53 PM
:ditto:

igor0190
02-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Well there fans, organization and ownership are clearly a part of the reason why everyone in the Cardinals organization is basically trying to jump ship. Boldin still wants out, the OC Haley is gone to KC, the DC is as good as gone, Dansby is talking about New York, Warner probably won't come back if Boldin leaves. They are falling apart FAST!

On the other hand we already signed someone to address a need. Lol
Logan.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Why is no one crying about Warner taking his helmet off in the third quarter protesting the call which was ruled an fumlbe at first? get over it u haters, there were alot of missed calls on the Cards, like when that fag went for Harrison knees, both those calls should of been 15 yards penalities against the cards but the media doesn't complain about that, get an life media an the rest of u haters we got score board:hehheh:

Real Deal Steel
02-08-2009, 12:29 AM
He initially had both feet down with possession then when he's coming down and hitting the ground the 2nd toe comes up...it was a TD.. GTO over it already and stop being like Ravens and Seahawk fans!

Look at the TOTAL replay and you'll see that both his tip toes touched then one pulled up as he was going down. TOUCHDOWN!!

Cardinal fans should stop their crying. They need to be more concerned with the leaving of their Offensive Coordinator and Boldin because that is going to change their offense around big time.

DBR96A
02-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Santonio Holmes did get both his feet down for the game-winning TD! The proof is in the timing of the following photos...

Exhibit A:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Game-winningTDreception-TimelineI.jpg

The ball was firmly in Holmes' grasp before Aaron Francisco (#47) even arrived. At the moment this photo was taken, Holmes' right foot was only beginning to touch the ground.

Exhibit B:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Game-winningTDreception-TimelineII.jpg

At this moment, Francisco's left hand is on Holmes' back, which means the photo was taken after the one above in which Holmes clearly established possession of the ball. Both of Holmes' feet are now firmly on the ground at this point. TD Steelers. Game over.

Of course, if you believe that Aaron Francisco was running backward while Santonio Holmes was falling forward, and you also believe that Holmes' toes are square, then maybe you have a point. Until then, the Pittsburgh Steelers are Super Bowl XLIII champions, and you can shut the **** up once and for all! :bigfinger:

SteelerBee43
02-09-2009, 01:35 AM
:clap: :clap:

Steel Trap86
02-09-2009, 02:12 AM
nice!! hopefully this ends that...lol but they are still bitching about the Harrisson TD & the Warner fumble, lets get somethin going for those plays so these woody woodpecker fans shut the **** up once and for all.

AZ_Steeler
02-09-2009, 08:35 AM
:lol: You guys crack me up.... the Steelers are SB Champs and nobody can take that away from them nor will they ever! If the Cardinals want to bitch then maybe they should look at Warner for throwing the interception to Harrison, or maybe they should look at their defense for letting the Steelers go 88 yards down the field in roughly 2 minutes... now those are things the "Cardinal Fans" can bitch about, but they don't have a right to complain about the calls because their team should have prevented those plays from happening!

BlackGold4vr
02-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Got no inclination to prove anything to people who discovered their fanship mid-way through the playoffs!

:hilarious:

BlitzburghNation
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
:ditto:

memphissteelergirl
02-09-2009, 09:50 AM
:clap: :clap:

I concur...

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Chasing Seven
02-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the thread, but we don't have to justify to anybody. We are the ones o ntop and evrybody is looking up at us.

NHStlrfan
02-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Love teh evidence. Evne this however will never shut them up. As exhibit C, I was just talking with a client who is a Seattle fan. And yes I had to hear his line about that gaem being stolen by the refs and Jerome being a medocre back at best. Facts may be facts but whining A@#@les can't read!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Got no inclination to prove anything to people who discovered their fanship mid-way through the playoffs!

:hilarious:

What he said :yesnod:

It doesn't matter how many times we say it, how many pictures we post up, people are still going to whine and cry foul just like the Seahawks coaches and fans did after SBXL. Some people just can't get over it :evilshake:

Dean Denton
02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
After watching the replay, and the should Homes TD from behind...I thought the right foot was on the left and it made me think that it was not down. I said, " Oh No!" Then when I went to pick up my daughter yesterday from drama camp the had an SI in the lobby with SB high lights, and there is a picture inside that clearly shows Holmes had both feet down and control of the ball. They let me take the issue. (Very nice) The play happens so fast that his right foot comes up when he's falling, but there is no doubt in my mind that he controlled the ball with both feet down. I could care less what others think outside Steeler Nation. Its me that needed to be convinced, and now I am without any doubts of foul play. "After further review, the plays stands. Touch Down, Santonio Holmes!!!"

BlitzburghRockCity
02-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Has there ever been a Steelers super bowl win without some type of controversy? I mean these people will come up with anything to gripe about...hell we can't even win a regular season game without somebody coming up with something to yap about!

Dean Denton
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Has there ever been a Steelers super bowl win without some type of controversy? I mean these people will come up with anything to gripe about...hell we can't even win a regular season game without somebody coming up with something to yap about!We just win too much. Thats what I think. Now when I became a Steeler fan was January 20th 1980, from that date until February 5th 2005 we had not won anything other then many regular season games, lots of playoff birth's and the hearts of millions. We have not had that many bad seasons other then not going all the way. But this team always seems to have a chance to go all the way. I think people outside Steeler Nation are just bitter because we have been the only franchise to do this on a regular basis. Other then the Packers with Farve. People can not relate to this type of winning. For us, its the expectation. For others they just dont get it so they cry foul. To tell you the truth, if I were a fan of another team I might cry foul too because I would not understand Steeler football. Let them bitch and moan, we cant help them. Its not our problem. Dont be mad because your franchise sucks, and ours kicks ***....Not sure how to put it any other way.

LarryNJ
02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
He he he..actually I find their whining very comical...my standard answer is I didn't watch the replay yet I've been too busy celebrating since the catch, you know party's driving to Pittsburgh for the parade, I'm sure i'll slow down this summer and get a chance to watch it. :lol:

Even better is wearing my locker room hat and Eagles fans looking at it while they are wearing an old NFC East Champions hat! hahahaha