PDA

View Full Version : Steelers not talking dynasty just yet...

Troyisabeast_43
02-06-2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80e99db0&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Excellent article here of how guys such as Troy,Farrior,and Harrison are not talking or thinking along the lines of a dynasty or repeating next season. That is a very good sign to hear. I wouldnt look for what happened to this team in 2006 when they had an 8-8 year and fell apart early in the year after they won the Super Bowl in 2005 to happen next season. This Steelers team under Tomlin will be more focused and they have a lot of the same guys still from that team in 05 that will not take anything for granted and want to get back to the Super Bowl and win it again in 2009.

BlitzburghNation
02-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm with you,,,,,I think this team will be more focused next year for a repeat :crossfingers:
Would love to be the first team to achieve a THREEPEAT :greengrin:

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2009, 09:01 PM
That's what they need to do, be focused.

AZ_Steeler
02-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Did the Steelers just win the Super Bowl last weekend??? Yes, that is a joke... Tomlin has this team grounded and they are a special group of guys.

steel4life
02-07-2009, 04:31 PM
It's good to hear those guys aren't running their mouth's about things like dynasty and ring #7 next year. If they stay focused and level headed we will have a great season in 2009 and have a great chance at 7. Too many guys run their mouth's in the off season and come back and fall apart, i.e. Dallas, this year. We're smarter than that and they definitely remember the 2006 season where we ended up 8-8 after a superbowl win. If we stay focused we'll have a great year guaranteed!:helmet:

HUNT4SEVEN
02-07-2009, 08:24 PM
They will be focused. Tomlin has these cats focused an ready,U have to tip ur hat to Tomlin, he's an beast, he was the right coach for us, he has done things Noll didn't even do,granted Noll didn't inherit the players Tomlin has, but this speaks volumes about Tomlin.

Real Deal Steel
02-08-2009, 12:31 AM
It's good to hear those guys aren't running their mouth's about things like dynasty and ring #7 next year. If they stay focused and level headed we will have a great season in 2009 and have a great chance at 7. Too many guys run their mouth's in the off season and come back and fall apart, i.e. Dallas, this year. We're smarter than that and they definitely remember the 2006 season where we ended up 8-8 after a superbowl win. If we stay focused we'll have a great year guaranteed!:helmet:

I agree. We need to just stay focused on the season at hand and make the proper additions in the draft and free agency (if possible)

One thing at a time. Let's just focus on free agency and the draft. :tt02:

kgreen
02-08-2009, 09:05 PM
That's what they need to do, be focused.

That was the problem with the 2006 Steelers. They were focused for the opener and then lost it in the hype. It's ashame cause that team was really talented. I think Tomlin will keep these guys in check. He did it masterfully during the playoffs. He seemed to move on the day after that win looking at next year.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I like how they respect the process:tt02:, they are really level headed, they are taking on Tomlins personality , if we fix this O-Line then the sky is the limit for us:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-09-2009, 11:27 AM
It's fun to hear them talk at the rally about going for #7 but in all honesty Tomlin will make sure these guys don't get cocky and full of themselves. They haven't done it all year and also have not done it since he became coach so I fully expect this team to be ready for next season the same way they prepared for this season. Stay focused, stay committed, stay healthy, and we'll just see what happens.

To comment on the thread title though, you can't call a team who one 2 SB's a dynasty just yet. Now if we were to win another one next year then maybe you could start to think about it.