PDA

View Full Version : Casey Hampton

bleed black n gold
02-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Whats all this talk about albert hanyesworth yeah he's good dont get me wrong it just im tired of our big guys up front dont getting any credit. Big Hamp is the most underrated defender in the nfl he does so such dirty work on that front. He is what allows our linebackers to get free and make those plays. I mean he is taking two and sometimes three blocks. How in the hell is not a pro bowler? And dont even get me started on Aaron Smith the man is simply a beast.

Stairway to Seven
09= (19-0)

Myron Cope R.I.P

Koopa
02-06-2009, 01:41 AM
because he doesn't get the stats....... the media don't give a **** about dirty work, all they care about is if a player puts up good numbers, something being a nose tackle in a 3-4 doesn't allow......... and really, who cares?? it only matters if we know fat boy is producing, which he is, so **** the media............

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2009, 02:36 AM
34 Nose Tackles never get the credit they deserve. Guys like Hamp just do all the dirty work, occupy the double teams and let everyone else make the play. He's as valuable as they come for sure!

Dean Denton
02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Hamp has made the pro bowl a few times though. I think more then Albert, but I could be wrong about making more then Albert. I thought Casey made it like 4 years in a row. I think Aaron Smith is the most under rated Def player in the league...IMO

Koopa
02-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Hamp has made the pro bowl a few times though. I think more then Albert, but I could be wrong about making more then Albert. I thought Casey made it like 4 years in a row. I think Aaron Smith is the most under rated Def player in the league...IMO

i don't think it's your opinion, it's a fact, i never hear anyone mention him outside steeler fans......and it's sad, cause the dude is a beast

Dean Denton
02-06-2009, 03:26 PM
i don't think it's your opinion, it's a fact, i never hear anyone mention him outside steeler fans......and it's sad, cause the dude is a beast I know man. Last year eyes should have been opened when he went down..our run def went down, and we were out. People look at him with eyes wide shut. I will hate the day he retires. And I dont love him because I have watched many games with his uncle. He's just bad ***. I picked him to be SB game changer the night before. He was the last guy to put hands on Warner though. Well, he fell into him after Woodley stripped the ball...lol

NHStlrfan
02-06-2009, 03:35 PM
i don't think it's your opinion, it's a fact, i never hear anyone mention him outside steeler fans......and it's sad, cause the dude is a beast

If you listen to interviews you will hear centers and guards talk about him in glowing terms all the time. He simply occupies 2 to 3 linemen on every play allowing Farrior and company to get the stats. Keep his big butt in there and tell Haynesworth and his head kicking attitude to stay out. We don't need that kind of player in the Burgh! We won with Casey twice. How many rings does Haynesworth have. 0

TampaSteelGirl
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Whats all this talk about albert hanyesworth yeah he's good dont get me wrong it just im tired of our big guys up front dont getting any credit. Big Hamp is the most underrated defender in the nfl he does so such dirty work on that front. He is what allows our linebackers to get free and make those plays. I mean he is taking two and sometimes three blocks. How in the hell is not a pro bowler? And dont even get me started on Aaron Smith the man is simply a beast.

Stairway to Seven
09= (19-0)

Myron Cope R.I.P

Yeah but does Albert have 2 Superbowl rings?????????? :thinking:

K Train
02-06-2009, 05:43 PM
aaron smith is not that underrated anymore, hes a master of the position and is widley reconized as the best 34end in the league. you can only be underrated so long before you are rated just fine. i know a lot of cowboys fans that would kill to have aaron smith on that line. his technique is flawless, anyone who is more than a casual fans knows how nasty he is.

haynesworth is completely different. he overwhelms everyone, hes not a 34NT hes a 43over tackle, which basically does the same thing in warranting a double team but hes taller and faster than casey. Casey just does his job and never complains but is still regarded as one of te best at his position regardless of stats

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Fans don't mention Smith in the same breath as the best DL in the league but ask any coach or anyone who's played against him and they'll tell that he is as good as it gets.

As far as Casey goes, I would think in the next couple years the Steelers will begin the search for his replacement. You can't run a successful 34 without a guy like Casey Hampton and Joel Steed before him.

Callax
02-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Casey is the bomb! Last year in the Pro Bowl, he lost in a bench press competition to larry allen, casey did 39 reps at 225 larry did 40 reps to win....
He is a stud! a few years ago he had 6 sacks remarkable for a NT in a 3-4 defense