PDA

View Full Version : Warners Game Ending Fumble

STEELERJERSEY
02-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm getting alot of flak from those who say Warners arm was going foward on that last play and that the it should've been viewed to make sure,(I know that the officials upstairs didn't feel it was reviewable),and that the ball was out of his hand BEFORE it was moving foward,but how do I deal with these idiots.Does anyone have photos,video,or info so I can back up my argument with something that they should have,with any objectivity,been able to see for themselves? I'm tired of going throgh a 10 minute conversation before I finally have to wave the Terrible towel in their faces.

Stairwayto7
02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Woodley had his hand on the ball, before it was going forward, bottom line. Give the refs some credit for finally getting something right!

steelersgal86
02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
They were talking on Sirius yesterday and they were mad...saying yes...just for Cardinals sake and their fans they should of reviewed it...but they said it doesnt matter because it was a fumble...but just so everyone would know...they should of....but they watched it over and over and said there is no doubt it was a fumble the ruling would not of been changed but everyone would of at least known.....

sorry about the question mark...hit that by accident....

HUNT4SEVEN
02-04-2009, 08:54 AM
The bottom line is we got Score Board:tt02:, for the rest of the world get over it:yesnod:

yinzer
02-04-2009, 09:54 AM
ok, let's end this now. mike peira (spelling) said on NFLN last night that THE CALL WAS REVIEWED, WAS A FUMBLE, AND THE PROPER CALL WAS MADE.

Ambridge
02-04-2009, 10:04 AM
ok, let's end this now. mike peira (spelling) said on NFLN last night that THE CALL WAS REVIEWED, WAS A FUMBLE, AND THE PROPER CALL WAS MADE.

Exactly!!Case Closed!!

The majority of the "Cardinal and other Anti-Steeler Whiners" out there don't know what they're talking about and are probably "Fringe" football fans at the best.

Woodley caught Warners arm while he was in the process of cocking the ball....it's clear as day and there is no doubt about it.

stLlRfn14
02-04-2009, 10:28 AM
ya i saw on nfl.com that the vice pres. of officiating said they actually did look at it upstairs and said there was no review needed and the right call was made on the field. So for the Bandwagon cardinal non fans, just remember who beat you guys in super bowl XLIII because we wont remember you guys.

jpele
02-04-2009, 10:43 AM
His arm did go forward,problem is the ball wasn't in his hand.

TampaSteelGirl
02-04-2009, 10:53 AM

Exactly! I just watched the video on NFL.com this morning...it was reviewed because there was another penalty so he had time to review it...so it was reviewed and it was called fumble...Cards fans....SHUTTY UPPY!!!:yesnod:

AZ_Steeler
02-04-2009, 11:42 AM
This is why I wish it was a blow out and the Steelers handed it to them... then there wouldn't be all this whining going on and the 2 Cardinal fans that I know bitching about it.

Dean Denton
02-04-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm getting alot of flak from those who say Warners arm was going foward on that last play and that the it should've been viewed to make sure,(I know that the officials upstairs didn't feel it was reviewable),and that the ball was out of his hand BEFORE it was moving foward,but how do I deal with these idiots.Does anyone have photos,video,or info so I can back up my argument with something that they should have,with any objectivity,been able to see for themselves? I'm tired of going throgh a 10 minute conversation before I finally have to wave the Terrible towel in their faces.
Next time someone gives you shiat...Tell them when the Cardinals get a letter from the league saying it was a blown call, then you will tell them they were right. The Steelers got that letter from the league in 2005 when Troy's INT of Manning was over turned in that playoff game. Tell those Steeler haters that the Cardinals will be getting their letter about the same time the Seahawks get theirs....NEVER....hahahahaha

TEEMONT
02-04-2009, 11:55 AM
eh...it probably should have been looked at by the head referee just to make fans happy, but I do think I heard that the replay crew looked at it several times, and decided there was no way to overturn it.

LarryNJ
02-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I just say I don't know what the hell you are talking about I was too busy celebrating! I do know that the fumble that was over turned was a BS call though! BTW did you see my locker room hat?

AZ_Steeler
02-04-2009, 12:43 PM
ESPN brought up some interesting points last night about a bunch of NON-calls that could have went against the Cardinals but weren't called... for instance the first Warner fumble that was reviewed and overturned, Warner took his helmet off while on the field to bitch to the ref! It didn't do this once, but twice!!!

Then during the 100 yard int return, watch this video and you'll see at about the 28 second mark Fitzgerald run into a 12th man on the field (HIS OWN TEAMMATE) OR if Fitz is running into a teammate he must be out of bounds so continue the video and you'll see Larry running out of bounds to catch up to Harrison...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxSFBHbA80

Here is a different angle that shows Fitz ran out of bounds on his own and never came back in play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxSFBHbA80

So if they want to bitch we can bitch too :nahnah:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Periera was on NFLN the last couple days and the fumble by Warner on the last drive was reviewed by the replay official upstairs and it was indeed a fumble. There was no need to send it down to the field officials for review because the ball was coming out of Warners hands after Wood hit him so it was a fumble regardless of if his arm was trying to go forward.

On the Harrison TD, even if Harrison would have been tackled short of the goal there would have been 1 more play left in the half because the Cardinals were flagged for a personal foul on that play which would have resulted in the half being extended if he wouldn't have scored. That's straight from Periera himself!

STFU Cards and quit your damn whining!

steelercountry518
02-04-2009, 07:37 PM

keep waving that terrible towel because warner wasnt coming through the defense in 35 secs anyway and yes it was a fumble i have the video but i dont know how to add it to this .

SteelMan0812
02-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Always something, right? I think I figured it out, We have the most and diehard fans in the world. But the ones that arnt part of the "NATION", they are the most hating, jealous SOB in the world.

Troyisabeast_43
02-04-2009, 08:04 PM
It's real simple if the Cardinals didnt want this call to mean anything then their Defense should have stopped Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers offense from going almost 90 yards to score the game winning TD in the last 2:30 of the game. The Cardinals at the end of this game got every beneficial call you could think of. Everything from the safety call,and the non Warner fumble call midway through the 3rd,and the holding call on the first play of the Steelers game winning drive at the end of the game which made it 1st and 20. The bottom line is and you can tell every effin Cardinals fan this IF YOU DIDNT WANT THAT LAST WARNER FUMBLE TO MEAN ANYTHING WHICH BTW IT REALLY WAS A FUMBLE THEN YOUR AWESOME CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENSE WHICH WAS SO GREAT DURING THE ENTIRE NFC PLAYOFFS SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THE STEELERS FROM SCORING IN THE LAST 2 IN A HALF MINUTES ITS THAT ****ING SIMPLE!!!

Dean Denton
02-04-2009, 08:09 PM
It's real simple if the Cardinals didnt want this call to mean anything then their Defense should have stopped Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers offense from going almost 90 yards to score the game winning TD in the last 2:30 of the game. The Cardinals at the end of this game got every beneficial call you could think of. Everything from the safety call,and the non Warner fumble call midway through the 3rd,and the holding call on the first play of the Steelers game winning drive at the end of the game which made it 1st and 20. The bottom line is and you can tell every effin Cardinals fan this IF YOU DIDNT WANT THAT LAST WARNER FUMBLE TO MEAN ANYTHING WHICH BTW IT REALLY WAS A FUMBLE THEN YOU'RE AWESOME CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENSE WHICH WAS SO GREAT DURING THE ENTIRE NFC PLAYOFFS SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THE STEELERS FROM SCORING IN THE LAST 2 IN A HALF MINUTES ITS THAT ****ING SIMPLE!!! Dude, No one can stop the Phenom Big Ben Roethlisberger once he gets into a groove at the end of a game. Thats unfair to ask that of them. They needed the ref's. It really was there only chance. bionic Ben cant be stopped. Not even by a run away car.....

AZ_Steeler
02-04-2009, 10:14 PM
It's real simple if the Cardinals didnt want this call to mean anything then their Defense should have stopped Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers offense from going almost 90 yards to score the game winning TD in the last 2:30 of the game. The Cardinals at the end of this game got every beneficial call you could think of. Everything from the safety call,and the non Warner fumble call midway through the 3rd,and the holding call on the first play of the Steelers game winning drive at the end of the game which made it 1st and 20. The bottom line is and you can tell every effin Cardinals fan this IF YOU DIDNT WANT THAT LAST WARNER FUMBLE TO MEAN ANYTHING WHICH BTW IT REALLY WAS A FUMBLE THEN YOU'RE AWESOME CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENSE WHICH WAS SO GREAT DURING THE ENTIRE NFC PLAYOFFS SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THE STEELERS FROM SCORING IN THE LAST 2 IN A HALF MINUTES ITS THAT ****ING SIMPLE!!!
:clap: Very well said!

SteelCurtain
02-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Woodley hit the ball, and made it spin in Warner's hand just before he was to move his arm forward. Fumble. The QB has to have possession/control of the football too.

BR7
02-05-2009, 02:41 AM
You can always bring this into the conversation. Originally done for XL, but some of these apply nicely to XLIII.

The Official Rules of Proper Whining

These rules are based on the premise that whatever you choose to do in life, do it to the best of your ability. That being said, here are some of the official rules for being a world class whiner.

1. Your team must lose the game. If you win, such as when the Steelers beat the Colts, your comments will most likely fall into the category of being ticked off, complaining, etc. but not rise to the level of whining. So the first and foremost rule is to lose.

2. Your team must also lose by at least 2 scores thereby making it doubtful that any questionable calls actually affected the outcome of the game. Remember, whining is achieved more convincingly when you stretch the impact of a negative call beyond the reaches of sanity.

3. Your team should have committed a variety of errors such as interceptions, poor clock management, dropped passes, etc. in the course of losing, thereby making the calls that you are complaining about more insignificant in the scheme of things. This failure to acknowledge your own shortcomings will make your status as a whiner much more believable.

4. Your team must have failed to make the necessary plays when the opportunity presented itself. This means that your team must possess the ball many times over the course of the game and yet fail to cash in (even when no penalties were involved). This will cause an objective observer to say something like, "hey, why are they complaining about 1 or 2 failed opportunities involving officials when they failed to cash in for a score on a ton of other opportunities that involved absolutely no penalties at all. If you can get people thinking along those lines, you are on your way to qualifying as a whiner.

5. A truly great whiner will use statistics to support his or her argument that their team was actually the best team on the field despite the final score. Say something like, well, uh, our running back had 2 more yards rushing than your running back did. Net yards gained or time of possession are other measurements that help one achieve whiner status.

6. IF, IF, IF - Whatever you do, remember the importance of the word IF in your efforts to be a truly world class whiner. Let me give you an example:
"Can you believe that run by Parker, you know, IF our safety hadn't been injured during the game, he wouldn't have been out of position and Parker would have only gained a few yards.

7. Be absolutely sure to ignore facts when they fail to make your case. For example, if you are whining about Roethlisberger's touchdown (saying the ball didn't cross the plane of the goal line), do not, I repeat, do not acknowledge the fact that it was 3rd down and the Steelers could have tried again and at the minimum would have kicked it for 3.

8. Without coming out and saying it, make sure that you minimize any and all achievements of your opponent. For instance, if the other team uses a gadget play, that really doesn't count. Plus, any long runs over 20 yards and punt/kick-off returns don't count either. In other words, your scores are the result of skill and superiority while the other team's scores are the result of luck.

9. Remember the domino effect - to be a really great whiner, you have to be able to connect the dots between events that occur on the field. For instance, if the official doesn't make that holding call, we wouldn't have had to throw the ball on the next play resulting in an interception. In other words, the interception was not your qb's fault, it was the officials fault on the previous play - this is brilliant whining, and it's even better if you can connect more than one dot. It might go something like this - The official failed to call off-sides on your opponent which meant that the play continued without interruption. Then on that play, one of your players is shaken up on the play and needs a break for a few plays. His replacement then allows the opposing team to throw a completed pass against your team resulting in a first down on his own 30 yard line. The shaken up player returns (without any physical problems whatsoever), yet still proceeds to allow 5 completed passes on his side of the field culminating in a touchdown. A world class whiner will be able to connect the dots and say that the touchdown was because of a bad officials call.

10. Always fail to differentiate between a close call and a bad call. Even if the replay from 25 angles shows that the opposing player crosses the plane of the goal line by an inch, remember that you cannot afford to acknowledge this as a close call. This you cannot do if you are to be considered among the elite whiners of our day. No, you must refuse the temptation and call this an absolutely horrible call - and remember that any close call that goes against you must always be considered an outrage.

11. Always ignore any bad calls that go against your opponent. Remember, it's all about you and your team. Forget about anything that goes against the other team - that's their problem.

TheButt
02-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Then during the 100 yard int return, watch this video and you'll see at about the 28 second mark Fitzgerald run into a 12th man on the field (HIS OWN TEAMMATE) OR if Fitz is running into a teammate he must be out of bounds so continue the video and you'll see Larry running out of bounds to catch up to Harrison...

So if they want to bitch we can bitch too :nahnah:

Its legal to run out of bounds on any play other then a kickoff or punt.On a kick or punt you must try to get back in the field of play.Not so If someone is running down a tackle or something like Larry was.
Its even legal to "block" a player that is out of bounds during such a play.

Wish one of our dudes woulda planted his *** right there on the freakin bench. :bunny:

Dean Denton
02-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Its legal to run out of bounds on any play other then a kickoff or punt.On a kick or punt you must try to get back in the field of play.Not so If someone is running down a tackle or something like Larry was.
Its even legal to "block" a player that is out of bounds during such a play.

Wish one of our dudes woulda planted his *** right there on the freakin bench. :bunny:
We didn't get called for that block in the back so we are even....lol

Stlrs4Life
02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Woodley had his hand on the ball, before it was going forward, bottom line. Give the refs some credit for finally getting something right!

Exactly, no doubt that ball was coming out before he tried to go forward with it. The head of the Referee even stated that they did review it upstairs.