PDA

View Full Version : Sixburgh Song! ATTENTION SA MEMBERS!

Hburg
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
We Got Five is officially obsolete.

Time for a new STEELERADDICT.COM EXCLUSIVE!

I am preparing a new song for the Steelers!

I want to get suggestions from the fans for things to mention in the song.

I want to convey celebration, but sounding tough at the same time (this is the Steelers if I wanted cuddly I'd make a Cardinal song).

If you think of something to mention post it up.

The more suggestions I get, the sooner the song comes out!

BuFu

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 08:36 PM
I was wondering if you were gonna do this. I can't wait to hear what you come up with!

Zachintosh66
02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
gotta mention next years "stairway the seven"

Stlrs4Life
02-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Stairway to seven. Anything is cool as long as it isn't rap.

AZ_Steeler
02-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Gotta do two songs... maybe even three. One for the 6th trophy, one for the quest for number 7 and the Petey Pablo ... take you shirt off and wave it around your head just like a helicopter ... but turn it into a terrible towel song. Need something that will stick and can be used whenever like the Here we go song :D

Hburg
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
One song at a time, and believe me waving the towel will be mandatory for this!

BuFu

steelers4life66
02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
We Got Five is officially obsolete.

Time for a new STEELERADDICT.COM EXCLUSIVE!

I am preparing a new song for the Steelers!

I want to get suggestions from the fans for things to mention in the song.

I want to convey celebration, but sounding tough at the same time (this is the Steelers if I wanted cuddly I'd make a Cardinal song).

If you think of something to mention post it up.

The more suggestions I get, the sooner the song comes out!

BuFu

On the two yard line Warner drew down then out of the crowd come a rumbling sound as James Harrison took that pass 100 yards back to sixburgh town.:dunno: Something like that. I'm not a song writer but that play has to be in there.:greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Silverback returning the INT
Holmes game winning catch
Ben Mr. 4th quarter leading the comeback
Tomlin cool as ice
Jeff Reed's blonde hair has to be in there ..LOL
Have to include the toughest schedule in the league thing too

I can't wait to hear this man!

Ibleedblk&gld
02-06-2009, 04:34 PM
hburg, how come you never perform anywhere in the area? lol

AZ_Steeler
02-06-2009, 05:26 PM
He actually just did (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18696)... video will be out soon!!! :bigthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I just know Big Ben to Holmes=6 needs to be in there....lol

Ibleedblk&gld
02-06-2009, 05:32 PM
He actually just did (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18696)... video will be out soon!!! :bigthumb:

No, that was in Pittsburgh, by "area", I mean Harrisburg ;)

StankFunkMusic
02-14-2009, 05:02 PM
New song that I finished before the Super Bowl. (You would'nt have heard it if the Steelers had lost) But, they won so I unleashed it. It's called "Welcome 2 Steeler Nation."
You can give it a listen at www.myspace.com/stankfunkmusic

Tell me what you think.

E

AZ_Steeler
02-14-2009, 05:15 PM
New song that I finished before the Super Bowl. (You would'nt have heard it if the Steelers had lost) But, they won so I unleashed it. It's called "Welcome 2 Steeler Nation."

Tell me what you think.

E

That's pretty good!!! :bigthumb:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
02-14-2009, 06:27 PM

Tell me what you think.

E

That's pretty nice man..Good Job!:clap:

Hburg
02-25-2009, 08:49 PM
On the two yard line Warner drew down then out of the crowd come a rumbling sound as James Harrison took that pass 100 yards back to sixburgh town.:dunno: Something like that. I'm not a song writer but that play has to be in there.:greengrin:

Not bad, if you got a good voice I could use a hype-man. :cope:

Silverback returning the INT
Holmes game winning catch
Ben Mr. 4th quarter leading the comeback
Tomlin cool as ice
Jeff Reed's blonde hair has to be in there ..LOL
Have to include the toughest schedule in the league thing too

I can't wait to hear this man!

Noted, these are the good ideas I need to get this compilation of words put together. Thanks TG!

I haven't tried to perform in HBG yet. I would be open to perform if I could find a good venue.

Yea, ...we need to get that video out for the people...

*Shameless plug to spark interest in BuFu WE GOT FIVE performance video*

I just know Big Ben to Holmes=6 needs to be in there....lol

Santonio stand on your tip-toe, tight rope in the end zone leads to the 6 time throne.

A lil rough.....it never sounds as good written down until I enunciate it out with the beat. :lol:

Tell me what you think.

E

Decent man, I liked it. Be sure to come back and check out my song when it comes out!

BuFu

steelers4life66
02-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Not bad, if you got a good voice I could use a hype-man. :cope:

I wish I could sing. I don't suck at it but I'm not that good at it ether. I love listening to music.I'd like to hear that play in your song. That was the best SB play I ever seen. LB's aren't built to run a 100 yards. I think you can tell that by the way he laid there on the ground after the run. If not for that play the game very well could of went the other way. I have ton's of respect for James Harrison jr. You never see him shooting off he's mouth like a lot of other players. He doesn't talk a lot of smack like other players. He's a quiet and humble man that lets he's play on the field do he's talking. Thats how it should be. A lot of other players out there need to follow he's example. He deserved defensive player of the year and I'm happy he got it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDdGaaJUUe8

cokedrinker
02-26-2009, 01:12 AM
I feel that the beating of the Ravens 3 times would be nice. Since it was a big game on the road to 6. Also how about the Titans give to the pressure of the Ravens since they stepped on our Terrible towl, knew that would bring a big thumping on the field.
I hope this helps and look forward to the song.

Hburg
02-28-2009, 06:54 PM
I wish I could sing. I don't suck at it but I'm not that good at it ether. I love listening to music.I'd like to hear that play in your song. That was the best SB play I ever seen. LB's aren't built to run a 100 yards. I think you can tell that by the way he laid there on the ground after the run. If not for that play the game very well could of went the other way. I have ton's of respect for James Harrison jr. You never see him shooting off he's mouth like a lot of other players. He doesn't talk a lot of smack like other players. He's a quiet and humble man that lets he's play on the field do he's talking. Thats how it should be. A lot of other players out there need to follow he's example. He deserved defensive player of the year and I'm happy he got it.

I will definitely mention Harrison's 100 yard interception return for a touchdown.

I feel that the beating of the Ravens 3 times would be nice. Since it was a big game on the road to 6. Also how about the Titans give to the pressure of the Ravens since they stepped on our Terrible towl, knew that would bring a big thumping on the field.
I hope this helps and look forward to the song.

Good suggestion, it was a special year to have three hard fought wins against the Baltimore Ravens.

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Sweeping the AFCN division, definitely put an emphasis on beating the Ratbirds 3 times..LOL.

Let's see what else..something about the #1 defense of course. If you mention specific players like you did in We Got 5 then Harrison, Farrior, Polamalu, Clark, A. Smith, Ben, Ward, Holmes,Reed, Parker.

What else could be put in there...maybe something about the coverage units for ST making big plays..that might be difficult to incorporate though?

Hburg
06-04-2009, 08:15 PM
This song would write itself if I had a bunch of Steeler fans with me in one room. :lol:

BuFu

Hburg
06-26-2009, 06:42 PM
So..............................................

Is anyone excited to hear the new song? The more interest I hear from people the more encouraged to finish it!

I took some time again today and got a lot done. I have to finish the end yet, which may require some customizing of the track. I'm debating whether to try to do that myself or have it professionally done at the studio (at a higher cost I'm sure!).

Whenever I start working on it and practice what I have done already it gets me all amped up and excited. I am dying to finish and release the track to the world.....or more specifically Steeler Nation! :lol:

BuFu

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
06-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Dude Bring It On!! I'm ready to hear it..I loved your last track so this one should be even better:yellowthumb:
:bb:

Scorp
06-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Just make sure it has lyrics with the 3 wins over the ravens, the hard hits, and the great plays.

Hburg
06-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Dude Bring It On!! I'm ready to hear it..I loved your last track so this one should be even better:yellowthumb:
:bb:

It was hard-going to work on it for a lil while, but hearing that there are people waiting and excited always encourages/inspires me to continue and/or finish. You know I gotta raise the bar after the last song! I won't say the sky is the limit, because I always reach for the stars! :lol:

Just make sure it has lyrics with the 3 wins over the ravens, the hard hits, and the great plays.

I'm working to fit as much in as I can. The ravens will definitely be in there. I'll give you a hint at the intensity of the song..... After this song is fully written I'm gonna have to practice it so I can keep up the energy the song requires without losing my breath every other line! :lol:

BuFu

Hburg
07-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Does anyone know where to find some decent quality sound clips of Bill Hillgrove calling the Steelers games, or even sound clips from the super bowl?

By the way, I found this video while searching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRY3Asqube8&NR=1

BuFu

86WARD
07-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Looking forward to hearing the new song...

Monrozombi
07-18-2009, 08:03 PM
hell yeah i'm excited to hear the song!!!!!

lloydfan4life
07-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Still waitin' in eager anticipation!! :yellowthumb:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-04-2009, 09:16 PM
How u making out Hburg? ..I need something new to bump for the games this year.The only one downside of getting #6 is i can't listen to We Got 5 anymore...:greengrin:

Hburg
08-04-2009, 09:56 PM
How u making out Hburg? ..I need something new to bump for the games this year.The only one downside of getting #6 is i can't listen to We Got 5 anymore...:greengrin:

I haven't been able to work on it this week because of finals for the summer semester. Next week I plan to finish editing the instrumental and get the final verse written. My goal is to have the song ready to record by August 18th. Once its ready I will contact the studio where I recorded We Got Five and the day its recorded it will be sent to Top Gun and AZ_Steeler for them to hear and post on the website.

Guaranteed: IT WILL BE READY FOR OPENING DAY!

Actually, I want to have it ready in enough time before then to try to perform it live again in Pittsburgh!

Believe me when I tell you guys that the anticipation to hear the final track builds just as much for me the closer I am to getting it done.

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
That's awesome, I can't wait to hear it! I was hoping you were able to make some headway on it this summer. We'll promote the hell out of it here on the website and if you get a chance to perform it in Pittsburgh I'll definitely come out and see you!

LSWANNFAN88
08-10-2009, 04:34 PM
What ever you do don't make it a rap song

Hburg
08-11-2009, 11:25 AM
That's awesome, I can't wait to hear it! I was hoping you were able to make some headway on it this summer. We'll promote the hell out of it here on the website and if you get a chance to perform it in Pittsburgh I'll definitely come out and see you!

I have made some headway, and I am going to use this week to make more. Once I can assure that the song will be ready in time I'm going to make some attempts to perform it live in da 'Burgh.

BuFu

PS: Any members who live in Pittsburgh know what radio stations to contact that might play the song for the Steelers season?

Hburg
09-10-2009, 03:41 PM
I am sorry to say, but the song is not yet ready. I have yet to finish or record it. I will have it done ASAP.

BuFu

Hburg
01-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

SIXBURGH STEEL IS COMPLETED AND WILL BE RECORDED THIS FRIDAY, JANUARY 28, 2011.

It will be worth the wait!

I will be in contact with AZ_Steeler and BRC to have the song up and available ASAP after it is recorded and finalized.

I hope this song is obsolete in about a week after it is finished.

"Steeler Nation represent that Sixburgh Steel!"

Also, does anyone in Pittsburgh know of any bars/venues having special events for the super bowl the weekend before the game? I would like to perform the song live again before the super bowl like I did with "We Got Five."

Hope everyone is excited!

BuFu

Ibleedblk&gld
01-26-2011, 04:19 PM
I haven't tried to perform in HBG yet. I would be open to perform if I could find a good venue.

BuFu

have you looked into any of the bars downtown?

Hburg
01-26-2011, 04:40 PM
have you looked into any of the bars downtown?

I don't know if any of the bars in downtown Harrisburg are having any special events for the super bowl. I know Coakley's in New Cumberland (which is a Steelers bar right across the river) is having a super bowl party on the day of the game. I will do some research, but if anyone finds out about anything let me know.

For the last super bowl I performed at Charlie Murdoch's in Pittsburgh on the Friday before the super bowl. But I can't remember who the person was that organized that night (there was something special going on) I will contact them but since my song is not the typical genre of music played there I do not know if they will be interested unless they are having a special event.

BuFu

Ibleedblk&gld
01-26-2011, 04:42 PM
you could try gullifty's in new cumberland (off 83 by cedar cliff) or the Fieldhouse in Etters

Hburg
01-26-2011, 04:50 PM
you could try gullifty's in new cumberland (off 83 by cedar cliff) or the Fieldhouse in Etters

I didn't realize Gullifty's is a Steelers Bar. I will look into those places. Thanks man!

BuFu

Ibleedblk&gld
01-26-2011, 05:56 PM
I didn't realize Gullifty's is a Steelers Bar. I will look into those places. Thanks man!

BuFu

no problem...o yeah, gullifty's is a big steelers bar...every sunday they have the big inflatable steelers guy outside the doors, and they show the game downstairs in the "black hole" (i call it that b/c you get 0 cell phone signal)...last time i went, they had iron city for $2/can

Hburg
01-27-2011, 12:00 AM
no problem...o yeah, gullifty's is a big steelers bar...every sunday they have the big inflatable steelers guy outside the doors, and they show the game downstairs in the "black hole" (i call it that b/c you get 0 cell phone signal)...last time i went, they had iron city for $2/can

Who would want to answer their phone while watching the game anyway....I mean c'mon, the game is on! :lol: I will definitely have to check that place out! I went to Coakley's for the AFC Championship game and had a great time!

BuFu

Scorp
01-27-2011, 12:59 AM
:goodpost:

Hburg
01-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Sixburgh Steel, the newest SteelerAddicts.com exclusive music production, was recorded, mixed and completed today.

It will be released soon!

BuFu

SteelerDave74
01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Sixburgh Steel, the newest SteelerAddicts.com exclusive music production, was recorded, mixed and completed today.

It will be released soon!

BuFu

Congratulations bro. :yellowthumb: