PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Fans are "White Trash"; KDKA Response

AZ_Steeler
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM
[Link (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2009-01-29/news/arizona-cardinals-fans-Better-get-ferocious-or-the-steeler-nation-will-eat-them-alive/3)]

There are several pages to the story, but the link above is where the d-bag starts to really starts to be judgmental!

Here is the link to email Martin Cizmar (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/feedback/EmailAnEmployee/?to=899868)... have at him!

Arizona Cardinals Fans, You'd Better Get Ferocious or Steeler Nation Will Eat You Alive

Cardinals fans are showing a little spark. New Times was on hand at Sky Harbor International Airport to see what organizers estimated was 1,800 people cheer on the team as members boarded a plane to Tampa.

Contrast that to the number of people who showed up in 20-degree weather to see the Steelers off to Tampa that morning — 30,000, according to Pittsburgh TV station WTAE — and you see what this story is getting at.

Even if they were playing the Baltimore Ravens (a team that wears purple and employs a stupid marching band to play at halftime) or the San Diego Chargers (a squad that's also from a Sun Belt city with a large percentage of fair-weather fans), Arizona's genteel Cardinal fans would have their work cut out for them in Super Bowl XLIII.

They're matched up against the grubbiest, loudest, and nastiest fan base in all of sports — as well as one of the largest.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are White Trash America's team. Though Raiders, Eagles, and Browns fans certainly have their own reputations for trashy behavior, Steelers fans win the prize for crudeness. It's hard to find a trailer park anywhere in the country that doesn't have a black-and-yellow flag fluttering from the door of a doublewide.

Anecdotal evidence of the mindset of Steelers fans is everywhere — do a search for "Steelers fans" on YouTube and bear witness to a 90-year-old woman getting the team's logo tattooed on her arm at her family's insistence and a guy who became estranged from his brothers after he put a giant Steelers logo on his father's tombstone.

But there's much more than that out there.

Take the team's official band, a country act called The PovertyNeck Hillbillies. Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger appeared in the video for the group's song "Mr. Right Now."

Or the team's mascot, Steeley McBeam (that is, the guy who portrays him), blowing twice the legal limit during his DUI arrest last year. Or the way a Steelers fan accidentally set fire in November to a dozen Redskins fans' vehicles in Washington by leaving a grill full of burning coals in the back of his car. Or Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's calling a press conference to say he'd temporarily changed his name to Luke Steelerstahl before the Ravens and his hometown team met in the AFC Championship game.

Before that contest, some strings were pulled to have a Terrible Towel waved on the International Space Station (no word on whether the astronaut Steelers fan was part of some experiment to see how hillbillies fare in a zero-gravity environment).

A columnist for the Baltimore Examiner summed it up pretty well in an article called, "Why do we hate Steelers fans? Let me count the reasons," where he described them as wearing "stone-washed, black Wranglers with a 'Terrible Towel' hanging from the back pocket like Cooter from The Dukes of Hazzard."

Geography has a lot to do with why some Steelers fans are the way they are.

Pittsburgh's the largest city in the massive poverty-stricken backwoods known as Appalachia, and the Steelers are the only NFL team that plays on Appalachian soil. (Technically, Nashville and Charlotte, where the Tennessee Titans and Carolina Panthers play, respectively, aren't in Appalachia). The heart of the Steelers fan base is in the moonshine-making hills of western Pennsylvania and hollows of West Virginia, and their location colors much about them.

Take Myron Cope, the longtime Steelers broadcaster who died last year. His calls were screeched in a hillbilly patois nearly indecipherable to the ears of somebody accustomed to Standard American English. But, in the Steel City, his "Pittsburghese" made him a deity. "Kin yinz belif tha way he moved that pal? Yoi, he's slippy!"

Thing is, many Steelers fans may be impoverished but they find a way to support their team. The last time the Steelers were in the Super Bowl, ESPN columnist Greg Garber speculated their fans outnumbered Seahawks fans 25 to 1.

At a neutral-site game like the Super Bowl, cheering goes beyond the intangible effect of getting players psyched up. Home teams usually get more calls, and referees unconsciously seem to respond to all the spinning ****-yellow towels.

Ask Seattle Seahawks fans about referee Bill Leavy's "shameful" performance in Super Bowl XL. Ex-Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren addressed it at a post-season rally: "We knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well."

Cardinals fans, that's what could happen if you get out-cheered all game long — the Super Bowl will be turned into a Steelers home game.

Maybe that's why Steelers fans are so cocky going into this weekend. In the Valley, Steelers faithful certainly aren't suffering from the crisis of confidence that almost made the aforementioned Clayton Jacobson take a swing at another Cards fan.

Kim Chapman describes herself as a "hardcore" Steelers fan. "I would say, Steelers by at least 14," she says smugly.

Chapman, who watches Pittsburgh games at First Round Draft in Gilbert, one of a half-dozen Steelers bars in the Valley, has little respect for the Cardinals or their fans: "They're playing in a college stadium for how many years, and they finally got their own official NFL stadium a couple years ago? Come on!"

SteelerBee43
02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
A columnist for the Baltimore Examiner summed it up pretty well in an article called, "Why do we hate Steelers fans? Let me count the reasons," where he described them as wearing "stone-washed, black Wranglers with a 'Terrible Towel' hanging from the back pocket like Cooter from The Dukes of Hazzard."
......:clap: :clap: I just could'nt resist....:lol:

TampaSteelGirl
02-03-2009, 03:21 PM
I'll proudly resemble that remark!!! :hot tub:

Doesn't he know jealously will get him no where but how dare he talk crap about Myron!!!

AND IF STEELER FANS ARE SO DAMN POOR....HOW COMES THERE WERE MORE STEELER FANS AT EACH SUPERBOWL THEN THE OPPOSING TEAM!!???? 75% TO 25% IF THAT!!!

Sounds like this Cardinal fan needs a hug!!

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Yeah and? We are you they thought we were....lol world champions....I like my wife beaters..

lloydfan4life
02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Envy makes people say all kinds of stupid things!! :lol:

Can you say 'SIXBURGH'???? :cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2009, 03:30 PM
So Im white trash because I have a Steelers tattoo? interesting to say the least. Hey let's face it, the Cardinals didn't have what it takes to beat us, they came close but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades so guess what. The Steeler Nation is a group of die hard, hard core, devoted fans who love football and relate to the city, the team, and how the organization is run. White trash or not we have 6 super bowl trophies and the Cards have a big fat ZERO!

memphissteelergirl
02-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Sent my response. Hope he chokes on it. Tool.

SteelCityMan786
02-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Hmmmm, I guess that idiot is just jealous of the Steelers 6 Super Bowl Rings.

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 03:52 PM
We are The Lord of the Rings.....Still cant give up my wife beaters though...lol

TampaSteelGirl
02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
He's just jealous because I can take my house to any Steeler game and be comfortable!! LOL!! (not really)

hemhorragingblk+gld
02-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I believe country singer Joe Diffy said it best "I may be low class but I ain't white trash".

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 04:10 PM
He's just jealous because I can take my house to any Steeler game and be comfortable!! LOL!! (not really)

yes you can. Dont back out now. You brought it up...lol

--- Added 2/3/2009 at 03:10 PM ---

I believe country singer Joe Diffy said it best "I may be low class but I ain't white trash".
What the hell is a Joe Diffy?????

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Here's a number if you want to call and complain

Phone: 602-271-0040

Flood them with calls people :)

steelerssteve
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
white trash, man people will say anything. i'm sorry that we have six rings and you have none. get over it.

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Here's a number if you want to call and complain

Phone: 602-271-0040

Flood them with calls people :)who's that?

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 04:33 PM
who's that?

Its their front desk or whatever you wana call it lol

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Its their front desk or whatever you wana call it lolFront office for the guy who posted that letter?

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Front office for the guy who posted that letter?

Of the newspaper I'm sure you could be asked to be directed to him.

Steel Trap86
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM
White trash or not we have 6 super bowl trophies and the Cards have a big fat ZERO!

lol I dont think the Cardinals will ever get back to another Superbowl again

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
lol I dont think the Cardinals will ever get back to another Superbowl again
They might. Its not like they limped through the playoffs. They also play in the worst division in the NFC so its not like they cant win that sorry division again. they played us tough, and they looked good late in the game. I think they make the playoffs next year. Maybe not the SB though. That could be the Giants if Plex can keep from shooting himself....lol

yinzer
02-03-2009, 04:54 PM
was this article the BEST this guy could do?? green with envy doesn't even come close to the level of douchebaggery achieved by this jag.

pittsburgh born, pittsburgh bred, steeler football till i'm dead.

greennick
02-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Haha, yeah, the astronaut in the space station, he must be white trash too. And Snoop, is he white trash? Haha. What about Obama? White trash? What about all those fans who somehow managed to find 2k+ to go to the game? White trash as well?

Mmmmm, seems to be lots of successful white trash in there....

Black@Gold Forever32
02-03-2009, 07:48 PM
If being a Steelers fan makes me "White Trash" then I'm proud to be......I was proud before I saw this team win Super Bowls and of course I'm still very proud.......

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I emailed KDKA. Here's the reply:

Subject: RE: Arizona Paper Calling Steeler Fans White Trash
Date: February 3, 2009 4:53:05 PM EST

HORRIBLE! Thanks for sending this. We'll definitely get reaction for
tonight's news.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 4:44 PM
To: @KDKA TV-News Desk
Subject: Arizona Paper Calling Steeler Fans White Trash

Article in the Phoenix New Times calls Steeler fans White Trash.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2009-01-29/news/arizona-cardinals-fans-Be
tter-get-ferocious-or-the-steeler-nation-will-eat-them-alive/3

wilssm
02-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Well I guess its time to turn my chevy vega into a monster truck:lol:

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 08:29 PM
You know I was just thinking I wonder if the writer even consider Fitzgerald is a product of a Pittsburgh college. I don't think he would share that opinion.

wilssm
02-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Or Steve Breaston who is a product of North Braddock, so I guess he's calling Steve's family white trash because they still live in the area.
wilssm

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Or Steve Breaston who is a product of North Braddock, so I guess he's calling Steve's family white trash because they still live in the area.
wilssm

Good point I had forgotten about him.

Stlrs4Life
02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Jealousy is a form of flattery.

wilssm
02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I work with Steve's dad Mike who is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and I'm sure he would be offended by that article.
wilssm

AZ_Steeler
02-03-2009, 11:03 PM
I emailed KDKA. Here's the reply:

Awesome!!! We'll have to keep an eye on this!

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 11:24 PM
KDKA just talked about the story. They went and got some responses.

AZ_Steeler
02-03-2009, 11:28 PM
:lol: That is awesome!!!

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
:lol: That is awesome!!!

I should have told them compliments of Steeler Addicts mention us lol

AZ_Steeler
02-03-2009, 11:35 PM

No kidding.. what were you thinking?? :lol:

Prosdo
02-03-2009, 11:36 PM
No kidding.. what were you thinking?? :lol:

lol Hindsight is a bitch

STEELER 4 LIFE
02-04-2009, 12:07 AM
DUDE, GREEN IS REALLY NOT YOUR COLOR. JUST KEEP THE HATE FLOWING,
THAT'S JUST YEARS AND YEARS OF DISAPPOINTMENT :evilshake: AND BAD
FOOTBALL :banging::cursin:. YOU FINALLY THOUGHT YOU COULD TAKE THE
PAPER BAG OFF WHEN YOU GO TO THE STADIUM, BUT NOT JUST YET :nono:.
MAYBE YOU CAN FIND SOME HAPPINESS IN THE FACT THAT THE CARDS DID
MAKE HISTORY. THAT GAME WINNING DRIVE WAS ONE OF THE BEST EVER
IN A SB, AND WILL BE WATCHED :popcorn: OVER AND OVER FOR YEARS TO
COME. IT'S A STEELER NATION, AND YOUR LIVING IN IT!!!! :tt02:

U - UNITED
S - STEELER
A - ADDICTS

BOW DOWN YOU LOSER AND KISS THE RING.
(OOPS I MEAN RINGS, ALL 6 OF THEM) :hilarious:

Prosdo
02-04-2009, 12:10 AM
U - UNITED
S - STEELER
A - ADDICTS

I really like that lol

Real Deal Steel
02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Were the team everyone wishes their team was!! hahahahahahahahahaa

greennick
02-04-2009, 05:11 AM
<snip>
Caps Lock is the botton to the left of the "A", there is no need to yell...

aaarrrggghhh
02-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Hey c'mon now...the poor guy's team is a miniature red chicken! It's obvious from the tone of the article that he suffers from the football equivalent of penis envy! In fact...probably just plain old penis envy too!:nahnah::buttkiss::pennant:

Stairwayto7
02-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Envy makes people say all kinds of stupid things!! :lol:

Can you say 'SIXBURGH'???? :cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

Exactly! thank you!

--- Added 2/4/2009 at 06:40 AM ---

Since when did football go so yuppie anyway??????????

SteelerFan239
02-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Dear Sir,

I must take issue with your defamatory and insulting post about Steeler fans being “white trash.” If you are offended by our fierce loyalty to our beloved Black and Gold, or our long love of the Rooneys and all things Steelers, then frankly sir, you can kiss by black and gold clad rear end.

Myron Cope is, was and always will be a Pittsburgh institution. Undoubtedly colorful, he was a kind, intelligent, and more importantly, a generous man. His heart was as big as the city itself. He bled black and gold, just as we do. He is as easily identifiable to Pittsburghers as the man behind The Terrible Towel and his “Myron-isms” are missed in our corner of the world.

Along that same line of thought--you obviously know nothing of The Terrible Towel that you defame. With all of the apparent free time that you have on your hands, perhaps you should research the history of our Terrible Towel and all that it stands for. I guess the millions of dollars in proceeds that the sale of The Towel has provided to disabled persons means nothing to you, however, it means a great deal to those disabled persons; including Myron Cope’s son. The Towel stands for integrity, for the willingness to help others. It is a symbol of Pittsburgh’s heart, of hard work, perseverance and of strength. It is a tangible representation of the soul of Pittsburgh and its fans. We are rich in culture, steeped in tradition and in being Steeler fans, we are a part of something bigger than each of us.

We proudly and unabashedly wear our black and gold. We know the deeper, more profound meaning of the three little words “Here we go!” Those words are not just a phrase, they are a call to arms, a rallying cry and the common language that all Steeler fans speak. We come from all walks of life, and the corporate CEO is just as passionate about Steeler football as the steelworker, the cook or the housewife. Steeler fans are not defined by gender, race or social class. We are each a thread in the larger Terrible Towel that covers the Steeler Nation.

Our beloved Terrible Towel has seen every corner of the world. It has been flown atop Mount Everest. It has flown with our pilots in Afghanistan and Iraq. It has been to space. Our fan base is not limited by zip codes, isolated by oceans nor even limited to our planet.

You may also wish to take note that the redneck Appalachia and “poverty stricken backwoods” to which you refer is home to some of the finest hospitals and medical centers in the world. Take another moment and consider the prestigious colleges and universities that call Pittsburgh and its outlying areas home.

You may think we all have strange accents, and perhaps we do, but those accents were born of the blend of languages that our ancestors--the immigrants of Germany, Poland, Russia, Ireland, and a host of other countries--brought to our city. We are proud of our heritage, our blood and our diverse culture.

Your franchise is in its infancy–we have been here for generations, and will be here for generations to come. The Rooney family is not just a class act, they are the class act. They have kept our Steelers in Pittsburgh for 76 years, and each generation of the Rooney family has helmed the franchise with the same passion for the team, its players, the City of Pittsburgh and its fans.

So while you are struggling to put fans in your stands, we will pack Heinz Field week after week, and our season tickets will be willed from one generation to the next, just as our love of the Steelers passes predictably and effortlessly from parent to child.

In closing, sir, should you ever find yourself in Pittsburgh, or in any other locale where Steeler pride can be found, we will say to you, in the true spirit of Pittsburgh hospitality, “All of yinz come on in and sit down. ‘Jeet yet?”

Dana Hoesch
Fort Myers, FL

P.S. You may also want to consider buying a pair of sunglasses–the glare coming off of our SIX LOMBARDI TROPHIES may be a bit blinding...

hemhorragingblk+gld
02-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Excellent post 239! I applaud you!

SteelerFan239
02-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Many Thanks!

jpele
02-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I watched a documentary about Martin Cizmar (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/feedback/EmailAnEmployee/?to=899868) it was called: Failed Abortions.

TampaSteelGirl
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Yes email them back and tell them about us!!!! Go..go..go!!!

--- Added 2/4/2009 at 08:42 AM ---

Dear Sir,

I must take issue with your defamatory and insulting post about Steeler fans being “white trash.” If you are offended by our fierce loyalty to our beloved Black and Gold, or our long love of the Rooneys and all things Steelers, then frankly sir, you can kiss by black and gold clad rear end.

Myron Cope is, was and always will be a Pittsburgh institution. Undoubtedly colorful, he was a kind, intelligent, and more importantly, a generous man. His heart was as big as the city itself. He bled black and gold, just as we do. He is as easily identifiable to Pittsburghers as the man behind The Terrible Towel and his “Myron-isms” are missed in our corner of the world.

Along that same line of thought--you obviously know nothing of The Terrible Towel that you defame. With all of the apparent free time that you have on your hands, perhaps you should research the history of our Terrible Towel and all that it stands for. I guess the millions of dollars in proceeds that the sale of The Towel has provided to disabled persons means nothing to you, however, it means a great deal to those disabled persons; including Myron Cope’s son. The Towel stands for integrity, for the willingness to help others. It is a symbol of Pittsburgh’s heart, of hard work, perseverance and of strength. It is a tangible representation of the soul of Pittsburgh and its fans. We are rich in culture, steeped in tradition and in being Steeler fans, we are a part of something bigger than each of us.

We proudly and unabashedly wear our black and gold. We know the deeper, more profound meaning of the three little words “Here we go!” Those words are not just a phrase, they are a call to arms, a rallying cry and the common language that all Steeler fans speak. We come from all walks of life, and the corporate CEO is just as passionate about Steeler football as the steelworker, the cook or the housewife. Steeler fans are not defined by gender, race or social class. We are each a thread in the larger Terrible Towel that covers the Steeler Nation.

Our beloved Terrible Towel has seen every corner of the world. It has been flown atop Mount Everest. It has flown with our pilots in Afghanistan and Iraq. It has been to space. Our fan base is not limited by zip codes, isolated by oceans nor even limited to our planet.

You may also wish to take note that the redneck Appalachia and “poverty stricken backwoods” to which you refer is home to some of the finest hospitals and medical centers in the world. Take another moment and consider the prestigious colleges and universities that call Pittsburgh and its outlying areas home.

You may think we all have strange accents, and perhaps we do, but those accents were born of the blend of languages that our ancestors--the immigrants of Germany, Poland, Russia, Ireland, and a host of other countries--brought to our city. We are proud of our heritage, our blood and our diverse culture.

Your franchise is in its infancy–we have been here for generations, and will be here for generations to come. The Rooney family is not just a class act, they are the class act. They have kept our Steelers in Pittsburgh for 76 years, and each generation of the Rooney family has helmed the franchise with the same passion for the team, its players, the City of Pittsburgh and its fans.

So while you are struggling to put fans in your stands, we will pack Heinz Field week after week, and our season tickets will be willed from one generation to the next, just as our love of the Steelers passes predictably and effortlessly from parent to child.

In closing, sir, should you ever find yourself in Pittsburgh, or in any other locale where Steeler pride can be found, we will say to you, in the true spirit of Pittsburgh hospitality, “All of yinz come on in and sit down. ‘Jeet yet?”

Dana Hoesch
Fort Myers, FL

P.S. You may also want to consider buying a pair of sunglasses–the glare coming off of our SIX LOMBARDI TROPHIES may be a bit blinding...

Girl so inspiring!! I"m going to send him an email as well on my lunch break!! Well done!! :clap:

--- Added 2/4/2009 at 08:50 AM ---

JOHN...DEER..GREEN!!:yellowthumb:

--- Added 2/4/2009 at 08:51 AM ---

yes you can. Dont back out now. You brought it up...lol

--- Added 2/3/2009 at 03:10 PM ---

What the hell is a Joe Diffy?????

:grin1:

JOHN....DEER...GREEN!!

NCSteeler
02-04-2009, 10:07 AM
This sounds similar to an Obama guns and relligion remark. Guess what not everyone in America is privelliged elite upper class. Not every one drinks wine and eats cheese, some drink bud and eat wings. You don't like US?? Move along we don't give a damn.

SteelRN
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Jeez, is that the best he can do?

Why not
grow a pair. and try again :duh:

It might **** a person off if it wasn't so pathetic :hilarious:

Cal_Steeler_88
02-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Dear Sir,

Dana Hoesch
Fort Myers, FL

That is awesome! You should apply for his job when he is fired. Prefer your writing style.:clap::clap::clap:

--- Added 2/4/2009 at 09:36 AM ---

This sounds similar to an Obama guns and relligion remark. Guess what not everyone in America is privelliged elite upper class. Not every one drinks wine and eats cheese, some drink bud and eat wings. You don't like US?? Move along we don't give a damn.

aha, I sell wine but almost always prefer a cold beer when I get home. Friends and family always ask me how this is possible. Never really had a good explanation until now.

Roadkill
02-04-2009, 11:36 AM
white trash with a red neck that bleeds black and gold that about descibes me any way

SteelerFan239
02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the compliment Cal_Steeler_88!

ejsteeler
02-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Hell, I have no problem being called white trash. I have no problem being called anything from someone who does not know me and is obviously walking around with a sore pu$$y because it got spanked on Sunday!!!!!! :lol:

BlitzburghNation
02-04-2009, 12:19 PM
:whatever: Suck on this :321:

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-04-2009, 12:37 PM
YINZ could only dream that you had such fans, but, YINZ never will. 10 - 4. message to the shameful nd stupid author of that piece awf drival. wow he sure wasted alot of electrons putting that on the grid. YOI! YOI! and YOI! again Myron old friend.

AZ_Steeler
02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Phoenix Newspaper Insults Steelers' Fans
[Link (http://kdka.com/steelers/trash.talking.Phoenix.2.926611.html)]

Prosdo... had you only mentioned SA :smh: ;)

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― It's easy to see why football fans from other cities would be jealous of Pittsburgh, and its six Super Bowl trophies and the Steelers have fans all over the country.

But now those fans are fodder for a Phoenix newspaper.

An article in the free weekly Phoenix New Times is filled with insults about Steelers' fans.

The article calls them grubby, loud and nasty.

It insults Mayor Luke Ravenstahl, even Emsworth native astronaut Michael Fincke, who waved the terrible towel aboard the international space station.

The insults are not being taken lightly here:

"This is a hard working town here, nothing trashy about that," said Don King, of Munhall. "They're just jealous because we have six (championships) and they don't have any."

"All I gotta say is sore loser," said Sylvia Ancic, of Clairton. "That's all I gotta say and it's not very nice."

"That guy from Arizona better come up here and see what it is," said Rudy Valiska, of Munhall. "Bring his face up here."

steel4life
02-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Everybody knows, when your at the top everyone tries their hardest to bring you down. Thats alright we got enough rings for both hands now. The Cards don't got enough for 1 finger. :cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

Prosdo
02-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Phoenix Newspaper Insults Steelers' Fans

Prosdo... had you only mentioned SA :smh: ;)

lol Should tell KDKA come on we gave you a story so now we need you to throw our name out there

steelers4life66
02-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I got my letter in. Hope he chocks on it.:cursin:

steelercountry518
02-04-2009, 08:04 PM
well if pittsburgh is white trash americas team then i guess that makes me a pretty damn proud white trash pittsburgh fan because id rather love pittsburgh and be white trash then be a white collar type with a team like the arizona or the giants lions hahahaha

tuggysteel822
02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
6 rings > 0 rings

lick my balls Cizmar

:tt02:

bigpoppalou
02-05-2009, 12:09 PM
This guy is a snivelling little coward. He accuses us of being yellow when talking about our black and yellow flag. Someone should show him the difference between yellow and gold. He also quotes out of towners as to why they hate Steeler fans so much. The truth of the matter is that so called sports fans from other cities hate us so much for the following reasons:

We were the first NFL franchise to win 4 super bowls and then the first NFL franchise to win 6 super bowls.

What makes Pittsburgh such a strong part of the Steeler nation is the history. A Pittsburgh native purchased the team. The team went through many years of trials and tribulations before it truly experienced success. From Franco's Italian Army to Gerela's Gorillas to Lambert's Lunatics to Hines Psycho Ward the roots run deep. I'm a working professional in Pittsburgh, PA. I don't have a Steeler tattoo but this guy makes me want to get one. I bleed black and gold and have shared season tickets for a long long time now. I've never been called trailer trash but if this makes me one then I relish it.

The same family still owns the franchise and there are no plans to ever move the team as far as I know.

Arizona can't say that, neither can Indianapolis and actually neither can Baltimore and Cleveland.

In an interview with KDKA this morning he would not go on the air because he is fearful for his life. Let's think about this for a minute...if he is doing a phone interview from Phoenix...how could his life be in jeopardy. This jerk needs a real reality check. He should just stay with his real job of being a music reporter.

steelers4life66
02-05-2009, 01:12 PM
In an interview with KDKA this morning he would not go on the air because he is fearful for his life. Let's think about this for a minute...if he is doing a phone interview from Phoenix...how could his life be in jeopardy. This jerk needs a real reality check. He should just stay with his real job of being a music reporter.

He needs to fear for his life. I don't want to kill the guy, but I'd like to make him spit out a couple teeth.:club:

TampaSteelGirl
02-05-2009, 02:08 PM
He should fear for his life...he's messin with my brothers and sisters!!! :rant2:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2009, 02:50 PM
What a letter that SteelerFan239 posted up! If that doesn't say it all right there I don't know what would!

steelers4life66
02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Dear Sir,

Dana Hoesch
Fort Myers, FL

WOW,I'm blown away!!! That was dynamite!!:clap::clap::clap:

SteelerFan239
02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks for all the support guys! Just doing my part to support our Black and gold!

TEEMONT
02-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I wrote the guy a few days ago....but the more I think about it...is this really that big of a deal?

Who cares what this tool think? Now people here are wishing harm upon the dude?! Come on, seriously, don't add fuel to the white trash fire.

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 06:17 PM
I really like that lol

There's a new shirt!

--- Added 2/5/2009 at 05:17 PM ---

Exactly! thank you!

--- Added 2/4/2009 at 06:40 AM ---

Since when did football go so yuppie anyway??????????

Your sig looks like it's missing something! :grin1:

Stlrs4Life
02-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I read somewhere that that fat head is a Browns Fan. No wonder!

SteelerBee43
02-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Yes he is,,,read this http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sportsblog/index.html

englishteacher83
02-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Sadly this man has no clue about the Pittsburgh area. I was appaled at his article but even more appaled at his ignorance. This man is not some random guy posting a blog about the Steelers. He is SUPPOSED to be an educated journalist. Too bad his editors are apparently just as uneducated as he is.:tt02:

Callax
02-08-2009, 09:47 PM
SteelerFan239, That was an excellent posting, going to the heart of the matter...
We may not be the prettiest fans, But we are die-hard loyal, hard working and we love our team; we respect the owner and his work ethic, just like the people who support his team..... Which has lead to SIX trophies, we toiled in mediocrity for 40 years; we are the model that all teams WISH they could run their team...
So rat birds, go back to your new NFL standard stadium ( that u just now deserve) and hope that one day you will be as good as we are... Have fans as dedicated as we are.. as loyal and loving of that team as we are
YES... US SO CALLED "WHITE TRASH" so bite my Steeler luvin a**, u putz!!!!

TampaSteelGirl
02-10-2009, 08:43 AM
He's just mad cause he's ugly!! :hilarious: