PDA

View Full Version : NEXT YEAR'S FAVORITE TO WIN THE SB

hemhorragingblk+gld
02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
While surfing the net today I discovered that the odds for winning next year's SB are already out. Pittsburgh was third at 10:1, which is fine with me because during the last two SB runs we flew under the radar for a good bit of the season and were never the favorites at the begining of the year.

New England is the favorite (even though Tom Brady's status is questionable) and as usual, Dallas is incredibly over rated as number two on the list with no one knowing if T.O. will be back or not. With all the unknowns I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put down big cash on either favorite.

Any body else thinking about how long it will be before we see our defending champion Steelers in the preseason again? Well, at least in early August I'm going to Canton to see Rod inducted into the HOF. Can't wait.

Steel Trap86
02-03-2009, 03:24 PM
New England AT Pittsburgh for the AFC Title game next year. With our breezy schedule we shouldnt have a problem getting back to the Superbowl, as long as we stay healthy. I think Steelers vs. Giants/Philly next year in the Superbowl.

Forged in Steel
02-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Why the Cheaties? They were 11-5 last year and didn't even make the playoffs! The Cowboys are the most overrated sh*theads out there! They're garbage!

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Why the Cheaties? They were 11-5 last year and didn't even make the playoffs! The Cowboys are the most overrated sh*theads out there! They're garbage! Because of Brady. Not to worry though. He will be exposed this up coming season for the fraud he is.

TampaSteelGirl
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Hmmmmmm like they were sooo on the spot this year...Pfft! We'll see! Takes the pressure off us though...we have the entire package now...Let's just savor #6 for now! HOwever Deion Sanders chose us against the Giants for next year..

Silverback 92
02-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I remember the talking heads picking the cowboys and the browns this year:nono:

TampaSteelGirl
02-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Dallas????? Don't worry Romo will blow it again!! :yellowthumb:

Callax
02-22-2009, 10:21 PM
I can't believe Dallas is that highly rated, regardless if TO returns: they are the closest thing to "As The World Turns" (soap opera)
Steelers Are The Defending World Champions with a Top Rated Defense!!!
New England doesn't surprise me, they'll have Brady back NE is a sports reporter favorite, they LOVE brady( in a VERY UNNATURAL WAY)!!

K Train
02-22-2009, 11:27 PM
i would be disappointed if the patriots werent favorites.

btw...cheatriots? seriously? thats a reach

STEEL BULLY
02-22-2009, 11:40 PM
While surfing the net today I discovered that the odds for winning next year's SB are already out. Pittsburgh was third at 10:1, which is fine with me because during the last two SB runs we flew under the radar for a good bit of the season and were never the favorites at the begining of the year.

New England is the favorite (even though Tom Brady's status is questionable) and as usual, Dallas is incredibly over rated as number two on the list with no one knowing if T.O. will be back or not. With all the unknowns I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put down big cash on either favorite.

Any body else thinking about how long it will be before we see our defending champion Steelers in the preseason again? Well, at least in early August I'm going to Canton to see Rod inducted into the HOF. Can't wait.

steelers/minnesota next year u heard it first here:yesnod:

K Train
02-23-2009, 11:48 AM
wow you picked the steelers to win the superbowl? thats shocking

DBR96A
02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
The Patriots finished 11-5 without Tom Brady, and even if he's only 75% of what he was prior to his injury, he's still good enough to carry the Patriots deep into the playoffs. They do have some weaknesses developing in their defense, so I don't know that they deserve to be favored more than us, but they do deserve to be among the top three or four teams regardless. The Cowboys, on the other hand... :lol:

Dean Denton
02-27-2009, 02:08 PM
The Seattle Seahawks because they got cheated in SB XL.....lol

TampaSteelGirl
02-27-2009, 02:52 PM
The Seattle Seahawks because they got cheated in SB XL.....lol

Well i personally think the Seahawks and the Cardinals should win because THEY got cheated in Superbowl XV and XVIII....:grin1: So that's 2 winners in this years SB!! :yellowthumb:

cycletrash98
02-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Pittsburgh and Washington

Dean Denton
02-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Pittsburgh and Washington Washington just spent all their money on 1 player, and a fat slob at that. They will be lucky to make the playoffs in that division. I like Washington too. Why do they keep tossing money in the crapper? This as been their problem for the last 10 years or so. But you are right abut the Steelers....good job.

K Train
02-27-2009, 04:58 PM
haynesworth is not a fat slob...he is a truely dominate player. the redskins have themselves set up for cap hell in a few years though

Dean Denton
02-27-2009, 05:04 PM
wow you picked the steelers to win the superbowl? thats shocking
Yeah, well whos your pick smarty pants????? And Albert's a fat slob. I will give him that he is one of the few DT that can play both run and pass. Still not worth $100 Million....and is still a fat smelly tub of goo, that is going to try stepping on someone neck again, and be fines big dollars. He is more trouble then he's worth. The titans did just fine with him out. They lost when he came back...

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
02-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Redskins could make some noise..Haynesworth is good..but not a 100 million good.They also got DeAngelo Hall too...NFC is always wide open so it wouldn't surprise me either way.I still think Campbell is their weak link.

I'll throw my black and gold sunglasses on....Steelers vs. Cowboys Superbowl 44

Dean Denton
02-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Redskins could make some noise..Haynesworth is good..but not a 100 million good.They also got DeAngelo Hall too...NFC is always wide open so it wouldn't surprise me either way.I still think Campbell is their weak link.

I'll throw my black and gold sunglasses on....Steelers vs. Cowboys Superbowl 44
NO, NO, NO!!!! The Skins will be last again in their division again. This is a trend that continues over there. They will be competitive, but fall short against the giants, philly and the cowgirls. Fat boy is not going to make that big of a difference. And Hall looked like **** with the Raiders. Getting beat on every play. Skins finish 7-9 or 6-10. If they reach 500 I'll take my wife out to dinner.....If fat boy even makes the probowl I'll send him a card...I say neither happen...Any bets?????

popstaala
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
haynesworth is nothing but a overrated casey hampton.. the redskins have no chance of getting up there unless they have a super QB like Ben. Im goin with the cardinals in the nfc...they have great offense and they just need a few adjunstment on their defense and they can win it all. Of course im goin with the steelers for afc... i can see our team going undefeated with our laid back schedule.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
02-27-2009, 10:04 PM
NO, NO, NO!!!! The Skins will be last again in their division again. This is a trend that continues over there. They will be competitive, but fall short against the giants, philly and the cowgirls. Fat boy is not going to make that big of a difference. And Hall looked like **** with the Raiders. Getting beat on every play. Skins finish 7-9 or 6-10. If they reach 500 I'll take my wife out to dinner.....If fat boy even makes the probowl I'll send him a card...I say neither happen...Any bets?????

Dude :chill:..i didn't crown them Superbowl champs..just said it wouldn't surprise me if they made some noise.They had the 4th ranked D last year and Portis was running well.The NFC is always up for grabs..no one had the Cards goin all the way..so watcha wanna bet? I say they make the playoffs (wildcard) and Haynesworth plays well..it's not that unrealistic.

TampaSteelGirl
02-28-2009, 10:17 PM
haynesworth is not a fat slob...he is a truely dominate player. the redskins have themselves set up for cap hell in a few years though

I don't think Haynesworth is a fat slob either...I think he's a quality player however I think 100 mill was alot of money to spend...oh well not my money!!