PDA

View Full Version : Harrison's Personal Foul

STEELERJERSEY
02-03-2009, 07:49 AM
What's everyones take on the Harrison "meltdown" in the 4th Qtr?Does it taint his great INT return? I know at the very least that he apologised for it,but I wish it had'nt had happened.It just wasn't necessary.

K Train
02-03-2009, 09:44 AM
the dude was going for his knees, he should have hit him harder

Steel Trap86
02-03-2009, 09:56 AM
That guy hit him in the groin and also tried to take out his knee's a few times, I'm glad he did it, this is the Superbowl.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-03-2009, 10:08 AM
the dude was going for his knees, he should have hit him harder

Thank you James has never in his career given out an cheap shot:nono:, i would have done the same thing if an guy tried to take my knees out:yesnod:, the Cards were pissed so they are the ones who resorted to cheap shots, re watch the game.

Steel Trap86
02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
NFL Replay tomorrow @ 8:30

re-airing of the Superbowl

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Yes he should have kept his composure and technically it was a bad decision that could have been even more costly than it was...having said that, James is this generations tough ***, flat out mean, Steeler linebacker so it doesn't surprise me that he went ape **** on him. Frankly Im surprised he didn't go after him more than what he did. Honestly there was alittle part inside me that was like yeah go get em Silverback! :reddevil:

K Train
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Thank you James has never in his career given out an cheap shot:nono:, i would have done the same thing if an guy tried to take my knees out:yesnod:, the Cards were pissed so they are the ones who resorted to cheap shots, re watch the game.

he hit him in the pads a few times but the dude held on so harrison threw him on his back, he deserved it. i got all pumped when i saw him abuse him like a little bitch, its not like he hurt him...even though he should have

igor0190
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/whbja8.gif

I would put him on my punt team! This is what every player is taught to do when they play football (minus the punch). It is a thing of beauty. Notice that the player getting owned is FRANSCISCO! The player who later played a key role in the Cardinals demise. I mean he was probably still scared.

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
He went a little over. If we were up by three scores, ok, give him the cheap shot, but when you can cost the team a game like that....bad move. However, because we won, and it didn't hurt us, I'm ok with all of it. These guys get pissed off at cheap shots and Harrison has kept his cool all year about the holding and all the no calls, and it just came out.....

Steelersfan
02-03-2009, 05:43 PM
So he pushed him down. Big deal. I think it is overblown. What is he suppose to do? Let him get up and get back in the play? You can see these fat *** OL lay on another player so they can't get up and there is no flag.

Harrison could have done this to him...........

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/493/14bnu6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Koopa
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
i think it was just a little roid rage, no big deal, he cost us 9 points (his fault we were a yard from the end zone or where ever teh hell they placed the ball and being that close cost us the saftey and made us punt them the ball and gave them good field position to score agan), but in the end it didn't matter

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 05:47 PM
So he pushed him down. Big deal. I think it is overblown. What is he suppose to do? Let him get up and get back in the play? You can see these fat *** OL lay on another player so they can't get up and there is no flag.

Harrison could have done this to him...........

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/493/14bnu6.gif (http://imageshack.us)
I think the play was over before he punched him in the back. not sure. if so, then the push came way late...

Steelersfan
02-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I think the play was over before he punched him in the back. not sure. if so, then the push came way late...

The flag came win when he pushed him over. The play was still going on as you could see players still running towards the ball in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9GXtr9rpY

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 05:56 PM
The flag came win when he pushed him over. The play was still going on as you could see players still running towards the ball in the background.
Oh, then it should not have been called. Players do that all the time. You sure it wasn't the punch? I only saw the replay....

Steelersfan
02-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Here's a better video where you can see the flag come in after the shove but players still running around like the play is still going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9iVXB08eXs

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2009, 06:39 PM
What is it with these people it's not like he punched his lights out, suffice it to say had he done that the dude wouldn't have been getting up. Im sure they exchanged words at the very least and Harrison gave him a good hard shove...get over it he wasn't going to be ejected for that!

Tomlin went on to say in the post game that he was planning on telling Berger to just take the Safety so they could punt it away from a decent starting position and put their defense in a better spot to make plays on the upcoming drive.

SteelerSteve
02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Yes he should have kept his composure and technically it was a bad decision that could have been even more costly than it was...having said that, James is this generations tough ***, flat out mean, Steeler linebacker so it doesn't surprise me that he went ape **** on him. Frankly Im surprised he didn't go after him more than what he did. Honestly there was alittle part inside me that was like yeah go get em Silverback! :reddevil: Yeah, I couldn't really do much but laugh when I saw that replay. I could care less what the other teams think. I like the Steeler's reputation as the bullies of the NFL.

Roadkill
02-03-2009, 07:21 PM
had it cost us the game Id be pissed but it didnt change the out come so oh well

lloydfan4life
02-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Here's how I saw it and still do when watching the replay.
If that was a punch Harrison punches like a little girl.
He didn't punch him!! You can clearly see that when Francisco went to stand up Harrison gave him a good shove to put him on his backside. The play wasn't over and James didn't want the man he was supposed to be blocking to get back in the play. James had his back to the play and didn't know if the ball was being run back or not.

Oh yeah.... and F*** you John Madden!! You're just a big bag of air! Take a better look at the play before shooting your mouth off!

steelcityrockers
02-03-2009, 07:46 PM
The officials would have been well within their rights to throw him out...

TheButt
02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
The officials would have been well within their rights to throw him out...

No they would not have.

IT WASNT A PUNCH -- Dude stood up and got blocked right back on his ***.

See this is how they block inthe NFL now... this isnt the 70's anymore, You can use your hands to push them an thats exactly what he did.

Was it unnesessary ? Yes and thats what the refs called.

Glad to clear that up fer ya :yellowthumb:

bleed black n gold
02-04-2009, 04:21 AM
its football and hes a ****in beast

DarthMonk
02-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I just finished watching the replay about a dozen times. Harrison anticipates a chop block and gets on top of the guy. Then he delivers an open handed blow to the shoulder pad and keeps his hand there to keep the guy down. I guess that could be construed as a punch but it's not what I saw and it's certainly nowhere near a kidney. When the guy gets up he knocks him back down with a perfectly legal block - open hand to the pads. Then he does it again.

To me it looks like one aggressive football player out-hitting someone who wasn't ready to rumble. It was almost like the Card was saying "what are you doing?" and Harrison was saying "keeping your *** out of the play if my guy is returning."

My 2 cents

DarthMonk - 'Skin lurker

lloydfan4life
02-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I just finished watching the replay about a dozen times. Harrison anticipates a chop block and gets on top of the guy. Then he delivers an open handed blow to the shoulder pad and keeps his hand there to keep the guy down. I guess that could be construed as a punch but it's not what I saw and it's certainly nowhere near a kidney. When the guy gets up he knocks him back down with a perfectly legal block - open hand to the pads. Then he does it again.

To me it looks like one aggressive football player out-hitting someone who wasn't ready to rumble. It was almost like the Card was saying "what are you doing?" and Harrison was saying "keeping your *** out of the play if my guy is returning."

My 2 cents

DarthMonk - 'Skin lurker

:plus1: good post! :yellowthumb:

vtwin_gary
02-04-2009, 10:54 PM
i think when JH put him down the first time he probably said something on the lines of...don't get back, dude replied with something nasty he started to get up, he got put back down & JH repeats himself & so on.

steel4life
02-05-2009, 12:22 AM
If that dude went after my knee's like that I would've done the same thing Harrison did. Good job man!

Ambridge
02-05-2009, 01:07 AM
I heard it confirmed today on Sirius NFL Radio that before any of the action that we see between Harrison and the Cardinal player James was struck in the groin by the same guy.

The part we the fans see is the mere aftermath.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Harrison holding him down is not a penalty in itself, that's his job but hell yeah if somebody punches me in the groin you better believe I'd go after him too. You can say "yeah yeah James should have just let it go" but with Harrison that's not something he's going to let go. As good as he is you can live with the occasional personal foul for something like that because all the other things he brings to the table more than outweigh a random outburst.

Dean Denton
02-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Harrison holding him down is not a penalty in itself, that's his job but hell yeah if somebody punches me in the groin you better believe I'd go after him too. You can say "yeah yeah James should have just let it go" but with Harrison that's not something he's going to let go. As good as he is you can live with the occasional personal foul for something like that because all the other things he brings to the table more than outweigh a random outburst. I agree with you. He does not do this ever. And for Madden to say that he should be kicked out of the game is just dumb. Why would you even say that? He didn't even push him that hard. The guy is just a pussy and cant take a hit.
IMO

Mr. Lick
02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
I loved it! Smashmouth football at its best. Almost as good as Lawrence Taylor vs. Joe Theisman.

beaver688
02-05-2009, 07:38 PM
cleveland radio said today he would be suspended next year and fined??????

Dean Denton
02-05-2009, 07:41 PM
for what? And are we taling the full year?

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 08:03 PM
He may be for the first game....

Prezware
02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
never heard about this.

Dean Denton
02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Why? for a little push to the chest. No way. Thats cleveland radio hoping because they might get stuck playing us week 1.

beaver688
02-05-2009, 08:21 PM
it didn't say for how long or how much money

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2009, 08:31 PM
They won't do anything other than a fine if that, something like that isn't warranting of a suspension by any means.

lloydfan4life
02-05-2009, 09:24 PM

consider the source!

BlitzburghNation
02-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Like TG said,,,,,no suspension,but maybe a fine :yesnod: