PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu?

jpele
02-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Was there something wrong with Troy during the game? It was a very unTroy like performance ,0 tackles 2 assists. I think he missed every tackle he attempted.

MDSteel15
02-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Heck no! He was doing what he was supposed to be by covering deep and keeping the Cardinals short! :grin1:

AZ_Steeler
02-02-2009, 12:25 PM
The D went to cover 2 and put him back as the safety valve to keep the Cardinals in front of the D...

ejsteeler
02-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, he actually had one hell of a game. :cope:

Stairwayto7
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Sort of like ben did with Reed, they stayed away from throwing towards him

NYCsteelersfan
02-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Was there something wrong with Troy during the game? It was a very unTroy like performance ,0 tackles 2 assists. I think he missed every tackle he attempted.

He did have 2 misses, but it was definitely the way they had him playing that made him "seem" insignificant.

Dean Denton
02-02-2009, 02:53 PM
He did have 2 misses, but it was definitely the way they had him playing that made him "seem" insignificant. They did that most of last year too.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Troy did what was asked of him, he was in the flat or deep all day long and his main goal was to make sure that Fitz was covered as much as possible all day. Troy was in on some plays and nearly came down with an INT. He was a big factor for us on the field even though he wasn't in on all the tackles.

bleed black n gold
02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
there was also something wrong with his eye in the begining of the game hence tyrone carter getting some PT.

NHStlrfan
02-02-2009, 03:40 PM
there was also something wrong with his eye in the begining of the game hence tyrone carter getting some PT.

Contact lens fell out. He was his typical Mr. Fantastic. Only 1 play he was not in optimal position was the long TD to Fitz and that was the play being played the way it was called.

greennick
02-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Contact lens fell out. He was his typical Mr. Fantastic. Only 1 play he was not in optimal position was the long TD to Fitz and that was the play being played the way it was called.

In the end it probably turned out better that he didn't properly cover him as we got the ball back faster to score the game winner.

Sucked in Larry Fitzgerald.

I loved watching him with his, no, no, no look on his face.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Troy was vital in Fitz only having one catch in the first half.....He was lined up close and bumping Fitz early on to throw off his timing and then releasing Fitz to a corner down field.......Plus he did almost pick off a pass......Hey the whole D wasn't on their A-Game but they still played good enough to win....Credit Warner and the Card's WR's to....They're a talented bunch.......I'm sure this won't be Troy's last Super Bowl and I'm willing to bet in his next one he will make his first Super Bowl INT.....