PDA

View Full Version : Watching the SuperBowl at the White House!

Stairwayto7
02-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Pa. politicians enjoy White House Super Bowl party
Monday, February 02, 2009
By Annie Tubbs, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Pennsylvania politicians who watched the Super Bowl at a White House party with President Barack Obama gave high marks to the team and the Fan-in-Chief.

Mr. Obama had declared his allegiance to the Steelers before the Super Bowl.

"It was great, just a real honor to be able to watch the Super Bowl with the Steelers in it anywhere, but it was that much more of an honor to watch it at the White House," said Sen. Bob Casey, of Scranton.

Mr. Casey brought four Terrible Towels and Eat 'n Park cookies to bring a bit of Pittsburgh to D.C. He was joined by Sen. Arlen Specter, U.S. Rep. Mike Doyle, D-Forest Hills, and several congressmen from Eastern Pennsylvania.

Mr. Casey said around 60 or 70 people attended, and though Mr. Obama has adopted the Steelers as his team, he made sure the crowd's fans were diverse.

"He was so gracious to have people in the audience who were Steelers fans and Cardinals fans," Mr. Casey said.

And though there was some business talk, Mr. Casey said the event was "99 percent social."

"The president was paying close attention," he said. "I think he saw every play."

TampaSteelGirl
02-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Awesome!!! I love President Obama...he's so real! Just like us....this man will go down as a great President...I know he will. I heard where Hines said he will break down and cry when he meets the President..this will be so emotional for all of them. I can't wait to see it!!! I"m proud to have President Obama as a Steeler fan!!! :tt02:

AZ_Steeler
02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
This about the only thing the President and I have in common! :D He sure knows how to get a "Nation" on his side though ;)