PDA

View Full Version : 32nd Pick

MDSteel15
01-31-2009, 01:23 AM
OK, if you have these players sitting there at 32, who do you take???

I'm taking Alex Mack in hopes that he is out next Mike Webster....

BlitzburghNation
01-31-2009, 01:33 AM
:ditto:

BlackGold4vr
01-31-2009, 10:15 AM
I take Britton because we are in desperate need of tackles. Hartwig has been doing a decent job and this years draft is deep at the center position. :yesnod:

Mack is 4th on my list behind Tyson Jackson and Phil Loadholt.

Zachintosh66
01-31-2009, 10:38 AM
OT is a WAAAAAYYY bigger need than C. But honestly I would do best availble lineman.

I just hope were picking 32nd. and not 31st.

K Train
01-31-2009, 12:24 PM
lol well i guess you are in agreement with my list of 4 guys we should look at in the first lol

coach
01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
With the needs on the line, you take top player in each round according to board.

JoeThomas
01-31-2009, 07:21 PM
I think you will go OL but if like last year and there is a big run I think they go best available again, non QB, RB, or LB

JensK
02-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Actually we could go with an inside LB if one were available imo. Although i really hope we dont.

jridge2778
02-02-2009, 12:43 AM
I say just get the best offensive linemen avaliable. The steelers need more help to protect our big tresure behind the center. But it does depend on who are free agents this off season.

MDSteel15
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Actually we could go with an inside LB if one were available imo. Although i really hope we dont.

WHY? Farrior re-upped and Timmons is here for a while.... Hopefully Foote stays!

K Train
02-02-2009, 01:04 PM
foote says he wants to play in detroit, he wants to play for his home town team and set up organizations for the inner city kids. He knows timmons was drafted to take his job, he has 2 rings, honestly playing for his hometown team and helping his community is all he still needs to accomplish in his career.

steelerfan11
02-02-2009, 10:12 PM
i voted for Mack. He can play center or Guard so it is not like he is going to come in and take hartwig's position. I don't think the Steelers can go wrong with taking any of these players though. They would all help and are all play in Steelers needs.

I do agree with what other are saying if the best OL are gone then take best player available other than QB or RB.

JensK
02-03-2009, 02:15 AM
WHY? Farrior re-upped and Timmons is here for a while.... Hopefully Foote stays!

Because Foote is not going to stay in Pittsburgh (as Ktrain said), and Farrior is not getting any younger, plus we need some decent back-ups..

MDSteel15
02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Because Foote is not going to stay in Pittsburgh (as Ktrain said), and Farrior is not getting any younger, plus we need some decent back-ups..

OK, but you don't take one with our first pick! James and Rey won't be there...

JensK
02-03-2009, 11:38 AM
OK, but you don't take one with our first pick! James and Rey won't be there...

No you don't. I just pointed out that its an area we'll need to adress at one point, so if they did it now i wouldnt be COMPLETELY mad :P I am with the 99% other Steelers fans out there. We need to adress that o-line and eventually get some young blood on the d-line.

steelerfan11
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
No you don't. I just pointed out that its an area we'll need to adress at one point, so if they did it now i wouldnt be COMPLETELY mad :P I am with the 99% other Steelers fans out there. We need to adress that o-line and eventually get some young blood on the d-line.

What is going on with Davis? I know he is a rookie but he an OLB (maybe Silverback's eventual replacement)? Also, what about Fox? He showed some good things in preseason (I know not the same as regular season).

MDSteel15
02-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Fox was one of our standouts on special teams this year...

Dean Denton
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Can we draft a new OC? Or how about a new QB, ours sucks....lol Take the best player on the board at 32. Does not matter what are needs are. You take the best unless its a QB and we know at 32 it wont be. I think we take an OL man...

steelcityrockers
02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Bill Walsh and Don Coryell could be our offensive coordinators and you people would still complain.

K Train
02-03-2009, 06:50 PM
yeah i know right.

anyway, i hope we trade up a bit to snag a top talent. if oher makes it to the teens...lets make a move, if tyson jackson is there at 25, lets make a move. im looking forward to the combine

Thomas_43
02-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Im with you train, Let's make a move. I wanna see us back at the big dance. Miami is closer to me than tampa was. God knows I'll be there if we make it.

Silverback
02-04-2009, 10:31 PM
What are the chances we throw a second at someone for one of the premier tackles in the draft, like an Andre Smith or Oher?

K Train
02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
honestly i would say trade this years #1 and next years #1 in order to move up and grab one of those guys. im not a big andre smith fan, give me monroe or oher any day though

bleed black n gold
02-05-2009, 08:03 PM
i got two words PERCY HARVIN!!!!!!!!

JensK
02-06-2009, 02:14 AM
i got two words PERCY HARVIN!!!!!!!!

Do you actually watch football? Why on earth would we want another WR? I think thats pretty much the only place where we are pretty good. Ward will probably stay a year or two. Holmes is stepping up. Washington is.. well Washington. He'll get his act together. Sweed is going to kick *** as well, and with Miller playing amazing we are set on the receiving corpse.

K Train
02-06-2009, 12:55 PM
percy havin is trash.

and i doubt washington will be back btw

bleed black n gold
02-07-2009, 02:43 AM
hell yeah i watch dumbass why else would i be this site i play for the pitt panthers and have you seen Percy play everytime he touches the ball make a big play hes not just a wr he is a playmaker and god knows we need a kick returner. Percy Harvin is a undersold Reggie Bush who could you pass on a player like this if he is there at the 32nd pick and the steelers do not take him i will be very disappointed and yes i know we need a better o line but they got it done when it matter. Im tired of everybody hating on them. With bens style of play do you know how hard it is to hold a block that long. Percy Harvin is a big play gut and especially with a guy like this with the wildcat becoming so popular he would make our offense so much more dangerous. Besides willlie and Ton are the only ones that can tae it to the house.

JensK
02-07-2009, 11:10 AM
hell yeah i watch dumbass why else would i be this site i play for the pitt panthers and have you seen Percy play everytime he touches the ball make a big play hes not just a wr he is a playmaker and god knows we need a kick returner. Percy Harvin is a undersold Reggie Bush who could you pass on a player like this if he is there at the 32nd pick and the steelers do not take him i will be very disappointed and yes i know we need a better o line but they got it done when it matter. Im tired of everybody hating on them. With bens style of play do you know how hard it is to hold a block that long. Percy Harvin is a big play gut and especially with a guy like this with the wildcat becoming so popular he would make our offense so much more dangerous. Besides willlie and Ton are the only ones that can tae it to the house.

Big Ben tore cardinals apart with quick throws in the SB, so its not like he don't know how to get rid of the ball. We have all the weapons on WR that we would ever want, period. We are not Cowboys or Bengals who'll just go ahead and get some kind of offensive weapon whenever its possible. See how it panned out for all those teams who did that. We have so many positions that need players, it would be retarded to draft at the only position where we are good..

K Train
02-07-2009, 11:46 AM

ok, "dumbass".....harvin might be the best florida wr to come out in a while, but that system is ****ed up. they come out route running retarded. you can only get by on natual talent so much in the NFL, reggies bush came out pro ready imo, harvin will not be. gators are diappointments in the pros, and they scare the **** out of me in the first round.

BlackGold4vr
02-07-2009, 12:16 PM
ok, "dumbass".....harvin might be the best florida wr to come out in a while, but that system is ****ed up. they come out route running retarded. you can only get by on natual talent so much in the NFL, reggies bush came out pro ready imo, harvin will not be. gators are diappointments in the pros, and they scare the **** out of me in the first round.

:plus1:

Don't we already have a gator languishing on our practice squad named Dallas Baker? :yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm a firm believer in giving your QB a ton of weapons....I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers took a WR in the first round if that is the best available player....I always like drafting best available instead of need.....I'm not saying I want Harvin but I wouldn't be against the drafting of a WR early in this draft.....You have to think Ward is aging and might not be around after 09....I hope Washington is resigned but there is a real good chance he will sign with another ream.....So its not like this WR core is stacked at the moment.....

One thing to think about at 32 is what if Brandon Pettigrew is there at 32....I wouldn't be shocked if he the pick as well......I know we have Miller and Spaeth.......But Miller's contract if up after next year and he might not be resigned.....You can't keep everybody and the Steelers have a ton of UFA in 2010.......Plus they have to give James Harrison a phat new contract......Pettigrew can catch and block....Again I'm not saying he will be the pick but I wouldn't be shocked if he is since its not for certain that Heath Miller will get a contract extension.....

K Train
02-07-2009, 12:26 PM
miller will be resigned and i have no doubts at all.

i just hate harvin, he is a risky pick. if we take a wideout give me maclin, hes ****ing nasty. havin could be really really good, but im not willing to invest a first in him, hes a second round prospect to me

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2009, 12:43 PM
miller will be resigned and i have no doubts at all.

i just hate harvin, he is a risky pick. if we take a wideout give me maclin, hes ****ing nasty. havin could be really really good, but im not willing to invest a first in him, hes a second round prospect to me

I didn't say I wanted Harvin......I just said I wouldn't be against the drafting of a WR early in this draft....I like Maclin as well and would take him over Harvin.....

I think Miller will be resigned to but its not written in stone that he will be....I think of every possible scenario......I'm also thinking long term here to....Players like Woodley and Holmes will need to be resigned in the future.....So the Steelers might have no choice to let Heath Miller walk.....Again I'm not saying it will happen and Brandon Pettigrew is even in their draft thoughts.....But I wouldn't be shocked if he was.....

K Train
02-07-2009, 02:36 PM
i know you didnt say you wanted harvin, that wasnt directed at you.

i dont think pettigrew is a first round talent, i think the only TE that had a chance at a first round spot was jermaine gresham and hes staying at school

steelcityrockers
02-07-2009, 03:30 PM

First off, to compare someone to Reggie Bush as an NFL player is an insult.

Secondly, do you know how to use periods and punctuation in general? Makes my head hurt trying to read this.

Harvin compares best to Eric Metcalf in the NFL. Not a bad player but a player without a position really between RB and WR. Harvin would be best as a slot receiver in a spread offense (think Wes Welker) of which we do not run.

bleed black n gold
02-07-2009, 05:15 PM
reggie bush hadnt done **** in the pros what the hell are you talking about
Watch Harvin be nasty and everybody can come to me and ill say i told you so.

steelcityrockers
02-07-2009, 05:28 PM
reggie bush hadnt done **** in the pros what the hell are you talking about
Watch Harvin be nasty and everybody can come to me and ill say i told you so.

That's what I ****ing said.

Percy Harvin is a undersold Reggie Bush

That is a direct ****ing quote from you sir. The word "undersold" means to sell with little enthusiasm so I assume that when you say that you mean that he is similar to Reggie Bush only less hyped. Because you love Harvin, I had inferred also that you meant Reggie Bush was good, hence that comparison.

I said that
to compare someone to Reggie Bush as an NFL player is an insult.

Reggie Bush is dick in the NFL. So to compare a player to him would be an insult.

Insult means to offend.

It would be a bad thing to compare someone to Reggie Bush, as you did, especially about a player of whom you are affectionate. You simply cannot compare anyone to Reggie Bush when he was at USC, so again, I made the inference that you were comparing him to how craptacular he is now.

Breaking down English is a ****ing obnoxious task I now have to do due to your ****ing incompetency.

K Train
02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
alright chill out.

reggie bush isnt a bad player, hes a much better pass catcher but everyone saw that coming. the man gets alot of catches and does work with them.

steelcityrockers
02-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I would equate him to a faster Kevin Faulk. Not a terrible player, but not someone you want to build your franchise around to say the least.

K Train
02-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I would equate him to a faster Kevin Faulk. Not a terrible player, but not someone you want to build your franchise around to say the least.

i think if he came out as a WR and worked on that instead of having a RBs ego he would be worth that second overall pick