PDA

View Full Version : Is the NFC catching up to the AFC?

Hawk Believer
10-29-2006, 11:16 PM
I just checked AFC vs. NFC win/loss records. By my count, each conference is at .500 at a 16-16 split. This seemed to confirm my feeling that the AFC isn't bullying the NFC around this season like they have in recent years.

Granted, the season is only about half way through. But what do you all think? Has the NFC improved? Has the AFC gotten worse? Or are the numbers a fluke at this point? Thought it might be nice to discuss something beside todays games....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Well lets see, at this point the legit contenders in the AFC.

Denver
Colts
Pats
Bolts
Bengals .
Ratbirds
Jacksonville

NFC...

Chicago
Carolina
New Orleans
St. Louis
Atlanta
Giants
Seattle
Maybe Dallas

I think its just parity at its best. We can no longer expect any team on any sunday to go out and do what we think they will. Every team in the league has a weakness at this point and nobody is beyond contempt.

Hawk Believer
10-29-2006, 11:35 PM
I just don't have any reasonable explanation as to why last year there seemed to be such a significant distinction between both conferences and this year they seem to be even. Maybe free agency and key injuries are the cause.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2006, 12:11 AM
Free agancy, injuries, teams under achieving and over achieving..it is hard to explain but it definately makes for some wild games every sunday. At this point it's anybody's championship.

AZ_Steeler
10-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Only an NFC follower would think something like that! :lol: With all honesty though, the gap has been closed some but the AFC probably still has the edge especially when you look at the top teams in the AFC right now. There are a handful of teams at the top, but the NFC still only has a couple at best.