PDA

View Full Version : Alright let's hear it..We're 2-5 is this season over ?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Yes we are 2-5, nobody in their wildest nightmare would have forseen us being this bad this year.

The Bengals lost again and we lost a golden opportunity to gain ground in the division AGAIN. At this point the AFC is too tough and if we lose any more games there's virtually no way we can make the playoffs.

I'll never stop rooting for this team, I'll never stop bleeding black n gold, Im a fan till the end..but at this point let's hear your honest thoughts... is this season over as far as the post season goes ? Coming up we have the Broncos and the Saints and we finish out the season with mostly divisional games along with Carolina and Tampa Bay. It's not gonna get any easier !

Steelersfan
10-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Yes it is because this team still doesn't even know who they are. We have to win out to have any shot and the way we are playing we will be lucky to get back to .500.

AZ_Steeler
10-29-2006, 07:43 PM
I'll never stop rooting for them either but I think one more loss and the season is done! If they can run the table (which is possible) they could finish 11-5 and might squeak into the palyoffs :dunno:

It's going to take soem serious changes though and might just be too late though...

Koopa
10-29-2006, 07:47 PM
lol @ you for trying to stay positive lol.....this season is done, with this loss it offically made us the second worse team in the league, we ain't even on the browns level right now.......we might as well start looking towards the draft and our top 5 pick

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2006, 07:48 PM
This team has no identity, is as inconsistent as anybody in the league. Right now we are a bottom 5 team in the league and unless we run the table I don't see any realistic way we can make the playoffs.

This isnt last year when we were 7-5 after Ben getting hurt and we knew we were a good team and we were capable of winning out...this year we are not a good team and have proved nothing.

Steelersfan
10-29-2006, 07:51 PM
This team has no identity, is as inconsistent as anybody in the league. Right now we are a bottom 5 team in the league and unless we run the table I don't see any realistic way we can make the playoffs.

This isnt last year when we were 7-5 after Ben getting hurt and we knew we were a good team and we were capable of winning out...this year we are not a good team and have proved nothing.

We've proved that we can't put a full game together
We've proved that we can turn the ball over 3-4 times a game
We've proved we can't stop anyone after turning the ball over
We've proved that you don't need ST's players
We've proved that we can't come from behing to win games
We've proved a lot this year, only all the wrong things!
:lol:.....sorry, I have to laugh before I break something!

Captcoolhand
10-29-2006, 07:56 PM
My towel is in

Troyisabeast_43
10-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Not after losing to the Raiders today this team wont make the playoffs and quite frankly they dont deserve to make the playoffs. As you said we gained a game with Cincy today and we still couldnt take advantage of it. Were not mathematically elminated the only thing that might help us here is we have 5 games left in the division two with Balt and Cleveland and one with Cincy. However, there are no more gimmie games on this schedule after this loss today. I know your a big Baltimore hater Top but to say earlier this week that they will be a gimmie game was ridiculous. The way the Steelers are playing right now Baltimore would blow them out. This team has just completely collapsed from top to bottom. Penalties at the wrong times,turnovers at the wrong times. I said today for them to lose to the Raiders they would have to completely collapse and it would be a fluky game. Well guess what that is exactly what happened. The Raiders didnt even have 100 total yards of total offense I believe and still the Steelers managed to lose this game. I never lose faith till the end much like you but at this point for all practical purposes this team is not going to make the playoffs after this loss today.

Koopa
10-29-2006, 08:07 PM
is there any bad *** player in the draft that can help us right away??

we play the broncos next week, we have no chance in hell of winning that game

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Im still and always will be The #1 Ratbird Hater. I don't think I said the Balt game would be a gimme but if I did then I most definately retract that statement. There are no gimme games on this schedule left period. The only gimme at this point is that we will continue to under achieve until we prove otherwise consistently.

PITT23
10-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Do you guys think Cleveland will make the playoffs? How about Oakland? Maybe Houston or Tennessee or Tampa Bay? Those teams all have the same record as us and if they're not making the playoffs then neither are we.

PITT23
10-29-2006, 09:37 PM
is there any bad *** player in the draft that can help us right away??

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

According to this we could get Kenny Irons but we'll be moving up in that order after this week :banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2006, 09:38 PM
The most disturbing thing is bro...look at our talent we have. Look at all the current and previous pro bowlers: Ward, Hartings, Faneca, Hampton, Porter, Polamalu, Smith, Farrior...look at all the top players in addition to that like Foote, Marvel Smith, Taylor, Haggans, Big Ben, Willie, Kreider; and yet we still are just so sorry this year that it just ceases to amaze me.

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Far from over.. But it will be tough to get into the race again

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Well atleast there's one member here that thinks the season isn't completely lossed..

No brian we are not mathematically out of it,but for all intents and purposes the most we can hope for is a strong finish to atleast look respectable.

PITT23
10-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Far from over.. But it will be tough to get into the race again

But going into this week we had this game vs. Oakland and two games vs. Cleveland as wins but we can't even say that now. We might not even be the favorties vs. Cleveland at their place...we need to run the table or else have you guys go into a huge losing streak (yeah right).

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 09:46 PM
You guys lost a lot of games because of turnovers.. The talent is there.. Turnovers can be fixed.. I dont count you out by any stretch

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2006, 09:48 PM
You guys lost a lot of games because of turnovers.. The talent is there.. Turnovers can be fixed.. I dont count you out by any stretch

Usually turn overs can be fixed. But when you have a coach that is really a lame duck coach and doesn't give a flying ****. Then the same mistakes happen over and over again.

But thanks Brian for trying to put a positive spin on the Steelers 2-5 start. Hey please make another Big Ben video. After his performance today he needs some more Bengal Brian magic.

OneSteelSoldier
10-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Here is my observation, I think that Ben is just flat out lazy. You guys can rip me a new one if you want to, But the weak throws have been going on since the end of our 15-1 season. Maybe I've been spoiled watching Bradshaw all those years flinging footballs 60 yards like we throw a dart 60 feet. I'm not even gonna pretend to have the answers for what ails this team, this is just my opinion.

Steelersfan
10-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Here is my observation, I think that Ben is just flat out lazy. You guys can rip me a new one if you want to, But the weak throws have been going on since the end of our 15-1 season. Maybe I've been spoiled watching Bradshaw all those years flinging footballs 60 yards like we throw a dart 60 feet. I'm not even gonna pretend to have the answers for what ails this team, this is just my opinion.

Nobody has the answer because there are just too many things they are doing wrong. If Ben isn't throwing INT's we fumble. If the offense plays well the D can't stop anybody and vice versa. Then you throw in all the dumb penalties. We've had way too many of those. I can't just blame one player but I can blame Bill Cowher. He has no control of this team.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2006, 10:34 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when a Bill Cowher coached team is out of control but that scenario is unfolding right before our eyes. We're undisciplined on defense and offense, and we won't even discuss the special teams.

There is no single player to blame, there is a 53 man roster and a host of coaches that are.

augustashark
10-29-2006, 11:49 PM
5 games in the Div, that's the only chance.....

SteelersFire
10-30-2006, 09:28 AM
We're out and we deserve it. I love these guys and have since I was a teenager ... a looooong time ago. I've seen losing seasons out of them for sure, but I've NEVER seen anything like this.

I hold BC responsible ... when you see this kind of inconsistency, an avalanche of stupid mistakes that literally hands lesser talented teams games that we should've won, and the kind of mule-headedness that keeps running the same plays over and over that clearly aren't effective, that's on the HC.

Does anyone really think that if we can't pull our heads out of our 4$$3$ long enough to beat the Raiders, we can magically get transform ourselves into playoff material?

Disgraceful.

I love the Steelers and always will, but I'm done hoping for some magic this year... magic doesn't win football games ... talent, heart and strong leadership does.

AZ_Steeler
10-30-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm trying to stay positive the best I can... I'm not throwing the towel in just yet, but the towel is resting on my shoulder and is ready to grab!

I don't recall seeing a team that is this undisciplined. The 03 team just had a sucky secondary and coach decided the Steelers were going to be a passing team. There is no execused for the turnovers though, Ben had finally got his TD's close to INT's but since he hadn't thrown and INT is the past 2 games he made it for it yesterday. Bottom line is the Steelers were looking past the Raiders and had the attitude 'We ar ethe SB champs the Raiders aren't going to beat us' :lol: ... Who's laughing now!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-30-2006, 10:45 AM
We're out and we deserve it. I love these guys and have since I was a teenager ... a looooong time ago. I've seen losing seasons out of them for sure, but I've NEVER seen anything like this.

I hold BC responsible ... when you see this kind of inconsistency, an avalanche of stupid mistakes that literally hands lesser talented teams games that we should've won, and the kind of mule-headedness that keeps running the same plays over and over that clearly aren't effective, that's on the HC.

Does anyone really think that if we can't pull our heads out of our 4$$3$ long enough to beat the Raiders, we can magically get transform ourselves into playoff material?

Disgraceful.

I love the Steelers and always will, but I'm done hoping for some magic this year... magic doesn't win football games ... talent, heart and strong leadership does.

I totally agree with you about Bill Cowher. I'll keep on saying it. He knows in his mind that he is retiring after this year and really doesn't care. I think he wanted to finish out his contract which ends after the 2007 season. But I see him retiring after this year and he has an excuse now. The teams terrible play that will result in a horrilbe record this year.

I thank Bill for all he has done. But get the **** out. He is a lame duck coach.

AZ_Steeler
10-30-2006, 10:52 AM
IMO, I don't see Cowher retiring after a crappy season like the Steelers are having now. Everybody wants to go out on top and Cowher knows he has the team to do it. If the Steelers finsh below 500 or don't make the playoffs I feel it will lite a fire under Cowher and he will return for at least one more year!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-30-2006, 11:37 AM
IMO, I don't see Cowher retiring after a crappy season like the Steelers are having now. Everybody wants to go out on top and Cowher knows he has the team to do it. If the Steelers finsh below 500 or don't make the playoffs I feel it will lite a fire under Cowher and he will return for at least one more year!

I would agree with you if his family wasn't in South Carolina and still in Pittsburgh.

Friday133
10-30-2006, 11:54 AM
yeah we're done. we have no shot in life of making the playoffs. there are so many problems, and you guys have done a great job listing them all. i put all the blame on bill cowher. its his job to get the team motivated, and he hasn't done that since superbowl XL. its obvious he doesn't have his heart in it anymore, if he had any balls he'd step down ASAP and move to NC with the rest of his family. he's not doing anyone any favors right now.

floodcitygirl
10-30-2006, 04:48 PM
I'll say it again....the fat lady may be in her dress and center stage, but she hasn't sung yet! Hold on to your skivvies!!! It's not over till it's over. If and when that time comes for this season, we can still enjoy the games....even it's just to be a spoiler. :greengrin: And then we look forward to next season! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Cowher was quoted as saying at some point that if the Steelers had not made the super bowl last year he wouldnt have retired...then we made the super bowl and won it and he still didn't retire.

At this point it's anybody's guess where his head is at these days.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Cowher was quoted as saying at some point that if the Steelers had not made the super bowl last year he wouldnt have retired...then we made the super bowl and won it and he still didn't retire.

Well he better figure it out. Cause last year is a memory. This team needs to come out focused and hungry the rest of the season.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2006, 05:53 PM
That will require a 180 degree turn around from how we've come out most of this season...

Steelerlyn
11-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Since everyone is giving their opinion, here is mine, I do not think Cowher will leave Pittsburgh, I think it is all about money and he wants more. With his winning record, he deserves alot more than he is currently making but I can't see him going to the redskins as was reported on that rumor mill, or anywhere else for that matter.

:lol: :tt02: :banana: :bigthumb: :clap: :nahnah:

Friday133
11-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Since everyone is giving their opinion, here is mine, I do not think Cowher will leave Pittsburgh, I think it is all about money and he wants more. With his winning record, he deserves alot more than he is currently making but I can't see him going to the redskins as was reported on that rumor mill, or anywhere else for that matter.

:lol: :tt02: :banana: :bigthumb: :clap: :nahnah:

i'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying here. if its all about money for cowher, then he's a s good as gone. the rooney's will never pay what cowher is worth on the open market, which is arround $8 million. so you believe the rooney's are going to cough up the dough to make cowher stay?