PDA

View Full Version : She didn't like him being given a nickname

SteelersWoman
10-29-2006, 01:54 PM
This was an exchange between me and Najeh's Aunt on a message board for the Steelers.

SteelersWoman: I'd like to see Dookie get it more. He's barely been given a chance, but the majority (of the few plays he's gotten) have been really good.
Willie's always gonna do good when they can open a crease for him.

auntie
ISP location: Miami, FL Reply
to steelers woman, his name is not dookie, his name is najeh trenadius monte davenport. get it right!

SteelersWoman
Everyone we like on the Steelers team have been given a nickname. Joey Porter is Peezy, Willie is Fast Willie, Ben is Big Ben, and so on.
On all our Steelers forums, since people like your nephew so well, they gave him a nickname to make him one of our guys. It was certainly not meant as a put down, but rather, an honor showing that he's been received into our Steelers team as one of our own.
I would have thought that you'd be proud that he's been received so well so quickly that he was given this honor--I apologize for being wrong, and will be sure to copy and paste your comment into the Steelers forums I
belong to.

I told her I'd do this, so I did.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2006, 01:58 PM
I guess if his Aunt doesnt know anything about football and doesn't watch him or read up on him, then she would get alittle perturbed at his nickname he's been given.

Hopefully she understands it's not knock on his heritage or anything of that nature, but just a sign that he's accepted into the Steeler family by us fans.

Captcoolhand
10-29-2006, 02:00 PM
So what did she say after you told her that?

As long as He's not shitting around he might earn a different nickname :scratch: But i doubt it:lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-29-2006, 02:18 PM
He's nickname came about because he took a dookie in a closet. When he was at Miam Fla.

Captcoolhand
10-29-2006, 02:21 PM
That's why I said Shitting around:lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-29-2006, 02:22 PM
That's why I said Shitting around:lol:

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :lol:

SteelersWoman
10-29-2006, 03:36 PM
She hasn't answered yet Capt--I'll copy and paste her reply if she does though.

AZ_Steeler
10-29-2006, 05:16 PM
What does she expect after what he had done in his past... jeez some people :lol:

Captcoolhand
10-29-2006, 05:20 PM
She hasn't answered yet Capt--I'll copy and paste her reply if she does though.
Thanks I woulds appreciate it:bigthumb:

SteelersWoman
11-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Capt--

She finally answered, and said basically that she's "proud he's so well accepted, but that his name should come from his accomplishments on the field--NOT from something that he didn't even do, but took the blame for [a friend]".

I replied that most of us probably don't even believe that story, and even if it were true, no one has seemed to hold it against him.

House of Steel
11-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Sounds like a rebellous aunt if you ask me.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Well I'm glad Dookie's Aunt didn't run into me. I would have told her to tell her nephew its not good idea to take a **** in someones closet. Sorry since I heard this story years ago he will always be Dookie Davenport to me.

SteelersWoman
11-15-2006, 05:17 PM
But she says he denies doing it B@G--He says a friend of his did it, he just got the blame.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2006, 05:33 PM
But she says he denies doing it B@G--He says a friend of his did it, he just got the blame.

OJ also denies killing his ex-wife and Ron Goldman. So who knows all I know Dookie was arrested for being accused taking the dump.

SteelersWoman
11-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah--OJ's still on a mission to get people to believe that--can you believe that? :lol:

If Davenport didn't do it, perhaps he should've had done DNA testing to prove it :greengrin: