PDA

View Full Version : Congrats and Good Luck

Ray Ray
01-27-2009, 08:53 AM
I've avoided anything football or ESPN since the Sunday before but I think I'm over the depression now. I just have to keep repeating to myself, "we were supposed to be 4-12 this year and started a QB straight from 1-AA. "We definitely had a shot to win the game but you guys were clearly the better team this year.

For the most part I had an enjoyable experience at Heinz Field. I expected some abuse and except for a few jackass drunks it was all in good nature.

Congratulations and good luck against the Cardinals. It's a strange matchup because I think they will not be able to handle the physicality of your style of play. However, their biggest strength seems to matchup with your D's weakest aspect.

Anywho, see ya next season, enjoy the picture!

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/158/pittve4.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

LarryNJ
01-27-2009, 09:00 AM
DUDE!!!!!!! Nice post but did you have to add the pic???:nono: Glad you had a good experience in the Burgh!

yinzer
01-27-2009, 09:06 AM
just wondering... what's our D's "weakest aspect?"

Ray Ray
01-27-2009, 10:04 AM
DUDE!!!!!!! Nice post but did you have to add the pic???:nono: Glad you had a good experience in the Burgh!

Haha, it was punishment for beating us.

We did not get any big passing plays on your D but the Steelers fan at my school is worried about your secondary, and specifically Taylor/Polamalu getting exposed deep by Fitzgerald.

AZ_Steeler
01-27-2009, 10:08 AM

I was wondering the same thing too... The Steelers D was #1 against the pass and #2 against the run :scratch:

Thanks for coming back though... takes a lot to come abck to a rival board after a big loss like that! :bigthumb:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks for stopping back by, don't be such a stranger. We always enjoy intelligent football talk from all fans.

As far as exposing our weakness, Ike / Troy it might happen once but it won't happen more than that.:tt02::tt02:

Ray Ray
01-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I was wondering the same thing too... The Steelers D was #1 against the pass and #2 against the run :scratch:

Thanks for coming back though... takes a lot to come abck to a rival board after a big loss like that! :bigthumb:

Trust me it was tough, not even because this is a rival board but because I've avoided all football talk and even websites or tv stations that might cover football. I haven't talked football with my dad or friends and have not visited my Ravens message boards since the loss. I'm debating whether or not to even watch the Super Bowl.

These games affect me more than they should.

Thanks for stopping back by, don't be such a stranger. We always enjoy intelligent football talk from all fans.

As far as exposing our weakness, Ike / Troy it might happen once but it won't happen more than that.:tt02::tt02:

Yea I did not see that being a big factor until the Steelers die hard at our school told me how worried he was about it. It was always my opinion that whoever won the AFC Championship was going to win the Super Bowl.

Obviously you can't overlook anyone especially for the grand prize, and people have been underestimating Arizona all playoffs but...whatever, I don't think that finesse team can handle our physicality.

2 more random notes:

-The montage on your big screen prior to the D coming out is bad ***.

-Arizona's fans suck and do not deserve a Super Bowl, they're probably only slightly better than Miami's horrendous fans.

ejsteeler
01-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks Ray. :yellowthumb: See you around when you're ready to dive back into football.

yinzer
01-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Haha, it was punishment for beating us.

We did not get any big passing plays on your D but the Steelers fan at my school is worried about your secondary, and specifically Taylor/Polamalu getting exposed deep by Fitzgerald.

really? did they even watch a game this year?? number 1 against the pass. no doubt Fitz is amazing and has tremendous ball skills but getting smoked deep by another team is not something that usually happens against our D. Dirt Warner doesn't have the strongest arm in the world either. just sayin.

TampaSteelGirl
01-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the Good luck post, very classy of you! I know how bad it hurts to lose and not want to talk about football. 2004 AFC Championship game against the Pats, I cried for 3 days after it until my boyfriend told me to knock it off! LOL!! You guys had a great season and should be proud of how far you came...there is always next year!! Hope you stick around and talk some more football with us!!! You're always welcome!! :yellowthumb:

steelers4life66
01-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Trust me it was tough, not even because this is a rival board but because I've avoided all football talk and even websites or tv stations that might cover football.

I feel ya man. I'm the same way when we lose. Bummed for days. Thanks for the post.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2009, 05:27 PM
come back anytime Ray Ray, it's a long offseason after the Super Bowl :)

DBR96A
01-27-2009, 06:04 PM
I've avoided anything football or ESPN since the Sunday before but I think I'm over the depression now. I just have to keep repeating to myself, "we were supposed to be 4-12 this year and started a QB straight from 1-AA. "We definitely had a shot to win the game but you guys were clearly the better team this year.

For the most part I had an enjoyable experience at Heinz Field. I expected some abuse and except for a few jackass drunks it was all in good nature.

Congratulations and good luck against the Cardinals. It's a strange matchup because I think they will not be able to handle the physicality of your style of play. However, their biggest strength seems to matchup with your D's weakest aspect.

Anywho, see ya next season, enjoy the picture!

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/158/pittve4.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

A lot of people still consider our secondary to be the "weak link" on the defense, and while we are better known for stopping the run and sacking the QB than we are for defending the pass, it must be noted that our pass coverage has improved dramatically this season compared to recent seasons. This is honestly the best I've seen our secondary play since Rod Woodson was with the team. After Woodson left, we were inconsistent against the pass for several years, even during our Super Bowl season three years ago. Remember, though, that Mike Tomlin was the DBs coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and considering their DBs stole the show in Super Bowl XXXVII, I think that he may be influencing our DBs now, and helping improve their performance.

Prosdo
01-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey Ray. Very classy post. As mention by others stop back sometime. Its always fun to have a good debate with rival fans and some smack talk. Thanks for the post. It's much appreciated.