PDA

View Full Version : "We Got 5" is getting recognized!

AZ_Steeler
01-25-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm sure you all are aware of the song HBurg put together "We Got 5" :) Well, we've really been pushing this song lately and early last week WTAE (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/nfl082/18429400/detail.html) added it to their song list, then WDVE (http://steelers.dve.com/pages/09fightsongs.html) (scroll through the list) followed shortly there after. We also sent out a bulletin on MySpace and this is one of the responses we got...

Steeler Addicts,

I'd like to add the song "We Got Five" to the playlist of Steeler Nation Radio and invite Bufu (HBurg) to perform it live at Steeler song Night Live at Charlie Murdochs next Fri Jan 30th.

How can I contact Bufu?

Here's the information at Steeler Song Night Live.

To rouse the spirits of the great Steeler Nation for the Steelers Super Bowl run, Steeler Nation Radio and Charlie Murdochs are presenting Steeler Fight Song Night on Friday Jan 30th. Musicians who are featured on the Internet radio station Steeler Nation Radio will perform their Steeler Fights song live. Artists invited to appear include the Granati Brothers performing their rap rock tune “Steeler Nation”, Mike Stout singing his rock anthem “Calling Steeler Nation”, Bubs McKeg with “Go Steelers”, rapper Nasie Beat with Steeler Jam , Slag Pile Annie featuring Andrew the Impaled crooning the tragic song “My Good For Nothing Dog Ate My Terrible Towel”, Mike Pesta with Fast Willie, and more.

Attendees are invited to wear their best Steeler garb, wave their Terrible Towels, and bring non-perishable foods and donations for the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food bank.

Calling Steeler Nation.................
Come out to Charlie Murdochs on Carson Street in Pittsburgh's South Side on Friday Jan 30th to experience Steeler Nation Song Night and cheer the Steelers on to cage the Cardinals in the Super Bowl.

Let's sing the Steelers on to bring home trophy number six!

Charlie Murdoch's

1005 E Carson St
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
(412) 431-4256

http://www.charliemurdochs.net/

Steeler Fans around the world can enjoy great Steeler Fight songs from country star Dusty Drake, Mr Devious, and more along with Steeler Nation videos on Steeler Nation Radio at http://www.myspace.com/steelersnationradio
How cool is that!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2009, 02:39 AM
That is absolutely beyond cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vtwin_gary
01-25-2009, 09:26 AM
woot woot go hburg!
keep us updated if this happens

BR7
01-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Thats awesome!!

PsychoWard
01-25-2009, 10:49 AM
WOW thats rocks!!!! congrats!!!

ejsteeler
01-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Way cool, congrats!! :yellowthumb:

Hburg
01-25-2009, 10:36 PM
AZ informed me of all this right now. I'm a lil speechless. :lol:

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Dude if there is any way you could do it that would just be wicked cool!

AZ_Steeler
01-26-2009, 01:49 AM
If you do perform your song... make sure someone gets it on video! :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah really if you need a video camera just let me know and you can use mine if you have too! :)

Prosdo
01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Congrats Bufu that's pretty sweet!

Hburg
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
At this point I am planning to attend and perform at the event at Charlie Murdoch's. I left a message and emailed Mr. Carosi regarding the event. I hope to hear some good news soon. Anyone who is a Steelers fan on this site in Pittsburgh I expect you to be there so I can see ya'll!

This is gonna be a hell of a week.

BuFu

BR7
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Like AZ said.. get it on video!! :woot: congrats again.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
We expect you to do a short writeup on how it went dude so we can put it in our articles section :D we're happy for you, what a great opportunity!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2009, 05:09 PM
and take pictures!! We'll feature it on the homepage and make a big to do out of it!

NOVA STEELERS
01-26-2009, 05:19 PM
:woot: :hat_wave: :bigthumb: :clap: :woot: Give em' Hell BuFu

Hburg
01-26-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm making progress. I'll keep everyone posted.

BuFu

Dee Mca
01-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Was surfing DVE earlier and saw it on the playlist WTG.

AZ_Steeler
01-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Was surfing DVE earlier and saw it on the playlist WTG.

You'll find it on DVE and WTAE :bigthumb: Trying to get 96.1 Kiss FM Pittsburgh to play it but right now they won't give me the time of day...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
It's such a cool thing to have Bufu's song all over the place on the net and getting that much exposure for him and SA. We're happy to be along for the ride man!

Hburg
01-27-2009, 01:04 PM
I just talked to the music director at Charlie Murdoch's. At this point, I believe I can say it's official: I will be performing "We Got Five" this Friday night at Charlie Murdoch's on Pittsburgh's south side.

Anyone that is a member that lives in da 'Burgh, I encourage you to come out to see the show. Hell, I don't care where you live if you can make the show and want to come....come out and have a great time!

BuFu

AZ_Steeler
01-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I just talked to the music director at Charlie Murdoch's. At this point, I believe I can say it's official: I will be performing "We Got Five" this Friday night at Charlie Murdoch's on Pittsburgh's south side.

Anyone that is a member that lives in da 'Burgh, I encourage you to come out to see the show. Hell, I don't care where you live if you can make the show and want to come....come out and have a great time!

BuFu

If I was in the area I would definitely be there... but being 2000 miles away right now doesn't help... Congrats man, that is awesome and we all here at SA are extremely happy for you!!!!

:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2009, 01:20 PM
What time are you playing there?

Hburg
01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
If I was in the area I would definitely be there... but being 2000 miles away right now doesn't help... Congrats man, that is awesome and we all here at SA are extremely happy for you!!!!

:cope:

Isn't it time you went on a one night vacation to da 'Burgh? :lol:

I'll make sure you see all the pictures and videos man. :bigthumb:

What time are you playing there?

Sounds like this is going to be a 10PM-2AM event. I do not know specifically when I will be in the order, I have not received any official schedule. It sounds like there will be quite a few artists there of numerous genres performing. They also told me to bring a karoke version of my song for them. Something like that. :lol:

Either way I'm practicing the song this week.

"SteelerAddicts.com Exclusive: For ALL my people in the STEELER NATION!"

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Dude that is going to be so unbelievably awesome, I am actually considering trying to make a special trip up there. I don't know if I can swing getting out of work early enough to do it but we'll see.

Hburg
01-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Dude that is going to be so unbelievably awesome, I am actually considering trying to make a special trip up there. I don't know if I can swing getting out of work early enough to do it but we'll see.

If you can show up, and do, I'll buy you that beer. :beer4:

BuFu