PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl is a whole new turf

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-24-2009, 06:18 PM
:tt02:Please send all of the crap you are dwelling on out the window now!
Thankyou. If you expect to see a lot of the things that you saw in the regular seaso :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: n ,i believe you will be sadly mistaken.
This game has got absolutely nothing to do with that scheme. Maybe besides the Steeler defense being one tough element to overcome.
The Super Bowl is a whole different ball game. What you did or did not do in the regular season has no bearing in this game.
If you like to think that , then more power to ya. This game will most likely require a total package to walk away from it a winner.
Experience will mean a lot. Both have that in different aspects of the game. Which could come into play as the game wears on .
They surely can not expect our team to simply step asside, and i am sure we will not make that assumption either.
We have been playing 60 minute football all year long , and applying total team effort to accompany that . Why it would change for just one game , i see no reason to go in that direction.
We have been directed by our second year coach , that sometimes you have to win by attrition! We have done that fairly well.
He never once said that it was because of one person on this team , that was the reason we won a game.
Total team effort , playing as a whole unit , and we can bring the hardware home to Pittsburgh!!!!!!!

Axeman
01-24-2009, 07:09 PM
+1 good posting

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-24-2009, 07:54 PM
+1 good posting

sounds like Ryan Clark could say the same words.
what lurks in the middle of the field is at your own risk.
Try it , see how it works , and then try to come back to it.
Good clean hit , is more than likely what you will recieive.
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

BlitzburghNation
01-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice post :clap:

Cannot wait till feb. 1st :cope:

Axeman
01-24-2009, 08:17 PM
sounds like Ryan Clark could say the same words.
what lurks in the middle of the field is at your own risk.
Try it , see how it works , and then try to come back to it.
Good clean hit , is more than likely what you will recieive.
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

I want to see Breaston or Bolden go in the middle. POW !!!! is all they will hear, then lights out.

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Teams had tried to pass the ball on us all year , but with limited success. They seem to find the middle of the field open , only to get the ball jarred lose after a smashing hit , or an interception , and sometimes a fumble recovery.
If they have the courage they seem to have, then let them throw the ball ! I am all for that.
Once our line backers , or defensive backs smash ya one time , you might catch hell trying that again.
Then comes in the safety's.
Good luck throwing on this defense. You might get a couple,but you will have some passes to hold on to.
That has been the difference in this defense. They do not , let the reciever hang on to the ball!!!!!!
We made our living this season on not letting teams have real big passing games.
You think that will change for the "SUPER BOWL" ?
Our d-backs will give up thier bodies,to sacrifice for the team.
The "WHOLE" team! We have proven that , and there should be no mention of only one player.
The reason we are where we are is because we played as a team.
Not because of an individual effort.
I have played on teams before , and they did not win or lose because of me.
We won because of team play.
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

TampaSteelGirl
01-24-2009, 09:21 PM
At first I thought this post was about the turf at RAymond James Stadium...seriously! :grin1:

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-24-2009, 10:34 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: I am sure we like the turf there. Been there done that type of thing!

HUNT4SEVEN
01-25-2009, 02:12 PM
I just want us to leave everything on the filed come Feb 1st:yesnod:, an i think we will, Tomlin is an hell of an coach:tt02:, an i believe this is our year:cope:, Noll won his first superbowl an they wore white jerseys:yesnod:, Coward didn't win his first untill they wore white, Now it's Tomlins turn HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!! 1st to six:clap::clap:Not that it means anything about the white jerseys i just thought it sounded good:lol:

LarryNJ
01-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Not that it means anything

:lol: No worries mate! Everthing said during these 2 weeks means nothing! :)

yinzer
01-25-2009, 08:55 PM
:tt02:

STEELER 4 LIFE
01-26-2009, 12:09 AM
I want to see Breaston or Bolden go in the middle. POW !!!! is all they will hear, then lights out.

AMEN BROTHER -THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO SEE !!! :banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2009, 12:04 PM
This is the super bowl, nobody is expecting anybody to lay down. Both of these teams are expecting to get the very best from their opponent. Do your homework, get your gameplan together and most of all take care of your man every play. If we get all 11 guys taking care of their individual responsibility each and every play we'll be successful.

Stlrs4Life
01-26-2009, 05:30 PM
AMEN BROTHER -THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO SEE !!! :banging:

I like your username.:tt02: