PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard this story about Troy?

steelers4life66
01-21-2009, 08:02 PM
My mothers a big bingo nut. Goes 3 or4 times a week. She told me yesterday one of the people she sees at bingo said a terminally ill child in the hospital ask Troy of he could have a ball from the AFC chairmanship game. He said that Troy left right after the game to give the child the ball he intercepted in the game. Only to find he had died earlier in the day. I don't live in the Pittsburgh area anymore and can't find anything about it on the net. Has anyone herd about this story? I hate to think some one would make something like that up.

steelersgal86
01-21-2009, 08:05 PM
omg....how sad...if that is true that is horrible :(

steelers4life66
01-21-2009, 08:11 PM
omg....how sad...if that is true that is horrible :(
Like I said. I can't find anything about it. But I hate to think some one would make something like that up.

popstaala
01-21-2009, 08:31 PM
stop making **** up... troy is the man and hes the best... end of story

steelers4life66
01-21-2009, 08:38 PM
You smoking dope or something?

jackhammer1
01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
That really is a terrible story, but I can believe Troy would try to do that for the poor kid, he just seems like that kind of guy. That's the difference between the Steelers and most pro sports teams. They have a lot of great guys and no ego driven ***-hats.

steelers4life66
01-21-2009, 09:22 PM
That really is a terrible story, but I can believe Troy would try to do that for the poor kid, he just seems like that kind of guy. That's the difference between the Steelers and most pro sports teams. They have a lot of great guys and no ego driven ***-hats.
Like I said I don't know if its true or not. I can't find anything about it on the net. If some one made it up it's going to **** me off. Thats why I posted it hear. Thought for sure someone here would know if it's true. I'm like you, I can definitely see Troy doing that. He's that kind of guy. Just like a lot of other Steelers.

steelerfan11
01-21-2009, 11:01 PM
I do not know if something like that would be posted anywhere. Even if someone would, I could see Troy making sure it wasn't. He wouldn't want any recognition for this. He esp. wouldn't want to take anything away from the little kid.

I just don't think something like that would be out in writing anywhere. Although like you guys, I could see Troy as well as a lot of other Steeler players doing the same thing.

popstaala
01-22-2009, 12:51 AM
I do not know if something like that would be posted anywhere. Even if someone would, I could see Troy making sure it wasn't. He wouldn't want any recognition for this. He esp. wouldn't want to take anything away from the little kid.

I just don't think something like that would be out in writing anywhere. Although like you guys, I could see Troy as well as a lot of other Steeler players doing the same thing.

thank you... :plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2009, 01:31 AM
If it is true I can certainly believe it, Troy is very into helping out kids and spending time with them to be a positive influence in their lives.

steelersgal86
01-22-2009, 06:45 AM

did you not read what he wrote..:duh: clearly that is saying troy is the best and that is why it is so believable true or not...he said he was not sure....

ToothAche
01-22-2009, 09:44 AM
That's crazy, it might be next to impossible to find out unless the child's parent release the info.

TampaSteelGirl
01-22-2009, 01:11 PM
I was so hoping at the beginning of the story you were going to say he made it there on time with the ball. I"m sure Troy would have gone straight to the game and maybe he got that interception especially for that little boy if it's true. Made him try harder thinking about taking a ball to him. He's such an awesome human being! God bless!! I feel so bad for that little boy.

blitzburgh58
01-22-2009, 02:29 PM
i actually heard this story BEFORE the game started, someone was saying that the boy had asked him to intercept a ball "in the playoffs", and that the boy had died before the AFC championship game, and troy went to the funeral. Now i don't know if it's true? I didn't hear anything since, til this post. Thats all i know, and thats what i heard.

Roadkill
01-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Very sad if true