PDA

View Full Version : Let them wear White!

blackngold29
01-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Steelers will wear white jerseys in Super Bowl (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09020/943153-66.stm?cmpid=sports.xml)
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers will wear their white game jerseys as the visiting team in the Super Bowl, and that color has been significant to them over the years.

They wore white in just two of their previous six Super Bowls -- their first when they beat the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IX in New Orleans and in their most recent, a victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL in Detroit.

They normally wear their white jerseys on the road because the home team has first choice, but coach Bill Cowher chose white for Super Bowl XL even though they were the home team for that game. He did so because they wore their white jerseys in their three playoff victories that led to the Super Bowl, all on the road.

The Arizona Cardinals chose first and will wear their red home jerseys for the game in Tampa, Fla.

BlitzburghNation
01-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Could careless 'white,,,,black,,,,green,,,,blue,,,red' Long as we win :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I kind of figured we'd be in white; granted the black home jersey's would look way cool like always but we wore white in SB XL so let's keep the magic going!

Dean Denton
01-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm fine with it, and thats what i thought would be. I couldn't remember last years so I would have asked before kick off If I didn't know. I need to know what color long john shirt to wear, black or white....Looks like its white. Black Jersey. I look smooth come kick off.....but dont we all???????

SteelFanInIL
01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
I kind of figured we'd be in white; granted the black home jersey's would look way cool like always but we wore white in SB XL so let's keep the magic going!

We wore white against Minn too... Hell the away jersy is undefeated.

Bombhunter
01-20-2009, 06:42 PM
I was going to post, asking what jersey they were going to wear, and here is my answer. Now I know which one to wear on game day...When they wear white, I wear white and vice versa!

Troyisabeast_43
01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Well we have 3 Super Bowl wins wearing our Black Jersey's the two against Dallas in the 70's and the one against the Rams in 1979. Now it's time to get the 3rd Super Bowl win in the White Jersey's having wins over the Vikings and of course Seattle in 2005. The good news is the Steelers are 3-1 while wearing their black jersey's and have never lost when they wear their white jersey's in the Super Bowl posting a 2-0 record.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I was wondering if they would consider wearing the throwback jersey's if we were going to wear the home uni's too.

SteelerSteve
01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
I was wondering if they would consider wearing the throwback jersey's if we were going to wear the home uni's too.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! lol While the throwback jerseys are kind of a nice way to mix them up, I would not like to see them wear anything but their normal color scheme that they won their other five superbowls with. However, as long as they win I'm still happy.

Bucsfan4ever
01-20-2009, 08:23 PM
White is the color of choice down here in the summer time...black absorbs that good ol' hot sun and humidity! lol Unless the weather changes a lot by Feb. 1st, won't make any difference in the SB...it's supposed to get down to 29 tonite!!!!!

greennick
01-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Why is Phoenix the home team?

Steel Trap86
01-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I'd rather see them in black, they look better and plus I have a home ward jersey!!! LOL!!

but hey as long as we win :cope:

HUNT4SEVEN
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Well Chuck Knoll won his first superbowl with the white jersey:tt02:, cowher didn't win his first untill he wore the white jersey:cope:,So Tomlin wins his first superbowl with the white jersey an next year we will wear black:yellowthumb:, plus the NFC had the right to choose this year:yesnod:

ejsteeler
01-20-2009, 09:49 PM

Me too, me too.....I figured we would be home being the higher seed. How is it decided? :dunno:

HUNT4SEVEN
01-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Each year it switches the AFC had the choice last year, now it's the NFC turn.

NOVA STEELERS
01-20-2009, 10:34 PM
The Cards choose Red so you don't see em' BLEED after getting Knocked the F'k out by out Def :cope:

Zachintosh66
01-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I was wondering if they would consider wearing the throwback jersey's if we were going to wear the home uni's too.

Throwbacks are nasty... jerseys and helmets are kool but I HATE THE WHITE PANTS

--- Added 1/20/2009 at 08:53 PM ---

yeah i always thought it was better record that determined it...

greennick
01-20-2009, 11:07 PM
yeah i always thought it was better record that determined it...

So did I! It would make more sense. I mean, we did clearly have a better record...

Maybe it is because Tampa is hosting it, so it is an NFC home ground?

Though, it can't be that as we were home in XL and that was at Detroit!

V_83
01-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Well Chuck Knoll won his first superbowl with the white jersey:tt02:, cowher didn't win his first untill he wore the white jersey:cope:,So Tomlin wins his first superbowl with the white jersey an next year we will wear black:yellowthumb:, plus the NFC had the right to choose this year:yesnod:

If wearing white is what it takes to win the superbowl, then I'm all for it. :helmet:

Although I do like the home jerseys MUCH better.:tt02:

blackngold29
01-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Me too, me too.....I figured we would be home being the higher seed. How is it decided? :dunno:

60 Min Man said it but a few people missed it: During even SBs (ie XL) the AFC is home and during odd SBs (ie XLIII) the NFC is home.

That's why we technically should've worn black last time, but Cowher said he felt it was away because it wasn't at Heinz Field.

greennick
01-20-2009, 11:43 PM
60 Min Man said it but a few people missed it: During even SBs (ie XL) the AFC is home and during odd SBs (ie XLIII) the NFC is home.

That's why we technically should've worn black last time, but Cowher said he felt it was away because it wasn't at Heinz Field.

Yeah, I read that after I posted :duh:

Roadkill
01-20-2009, 11:49 PM
throw backs from both teams would be cool

--- Added 1/20/2009 at 09:49 PM ---

Yeah, I read that after I posted :duh:

plus they were road warriors that year

blackngold29
01-20-2009, 11:54 PM
throw backs from both teams would be cool

Now that's a crazy idea. I love video games with throwbacks and I always wear them, but the NFL can never seem to coordinate a game in which both teams wear throwbacks like baseball does. Not sure the SB is the right time to do it though.

KSSteelerfan
01-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Wearing white or black jerseys matters not to me. I'm anxiously awaiting another SB win for the Steelers.:tt02::tt02::tt02:

TEEMONT
01-21-2009, 08:35 AM
I usuallly wear whatever color the Steelers wear, but I am going to be too sloppy drunk to wear white....lol.

ejsteeler
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't care if we wear pink shirts, ok, well maybe not pink, but it will not matter. #6 in any color is fine with me. :yesnod: :cope:

TampaSteelGirl
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
White is the color of choice down here in the summer time...black absorbs that good ol' hot sun and humidity! lol Unless the weather changes a lot by Feb. 1st, won't make any difference in the SB...it's supposed to get down to 29 tonite!!!!!

You are not kidding! It's freaking cold enough to snow! Told my brother to ship my down Steelers coat to me yesterday just in case it's cold when I get to Super Bowl!!
I don't care what they wear as long as they win...I'm still wearing my black Big Ben jersey, we've been winning with that jersey all year!

Hburg
01-21-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't care if the Steelers wear white jerseys, I'm confident that when they look into the stands it will feel like a home game to them.

BuFu

memphissteelergirl
01-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Wearing white or black jerseys matters not to me. I'm anxiously awaiting another SB win for the Steelers.:tt02::tt02::tt02:

:plus1: