PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want the Steelers to draft?

darnik44
01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Show the player(s) in your sig you want the Steelers to draft in this years NFL Draft.

Examples: (over 300 to choose from)

http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09lmccoy.jpg

http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09monroe.jpg

http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09robinson.jpg

Link to the rest (http://www.nflspot.com/index.php/ncaa-nfl-draft/draft-articles/739-prospect-bars.html)

Complete 2009 NFL Draft Coverage (http://www.nflspot.com/index.php/ncaa-nfl-draft.html)

darnik44
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Bonus bars for you Steelers fans:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/darnik44NFLpics/super-bowl-43.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/darnik44NFLpics/steelers.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/darnik44NFLpics/steelers2.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/darnik44NFLpics/afc3-1.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/darnik44NFLpics/afc2.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/darnik44NFLpics/afc.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/darnik44NFLpics/afc-north2.jpg

ToothAche
01-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Duke Robinson, without a doubt

seth_westover
01-20-2009, 06:17 PM
I've been watching the senior bowl workouts and I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts and ideas about the draft for us this year and the prospects that I like for us this year!

Alex Mack (Cal C/G)- Mack has really been impressive so far. He's stonewalled B.J. Raji a few times already and looks like he could handle some of the bigger and more powerful NTs. He struggled a little bit with Ziggy Hood (Missouri DT). Hood is quick for a DT and has a pretty nice spin move. Overall I had doubted Mack coming into the draft but as I have watched so game film and watched him in the 1 on 1 workouts, he has really impressed me. I wouldn't mind him being our first pick and would really love it if he started to drop and we could trade up in the second round to get him.

William Beatty (UConn OT)- Beatty looked impressive as well. He is undersized at 291lbs but he has the frame to put on some weight and that could be dangerous, for the defenders that is. He has great footwork and good sized arm length. Can handle the speedy guys but struggled just a little bit with the bullrush. That can be fixed with the added weight and strength. I wouldn't mind him being the first pick either, but I would prefer to have him in the second if his stock doesn't continue to rise.

Antoine Caldwell (Ala C)- Caldwell was also looking good in the 1 on 1 drills. I don't know a great deal about him but my buddy who is a Alabama fan has told me a lot of good things about him. He has had to practice against Terrence Cody. I think he would be a great addition to the team as I have been told he can play any interior line spot. Could be a great steal in the 3rd or 4th if he continues to rise up the boards. If not I'd be stoked to get him in the later rounds.

Patrick Chung (Oregon S)- Chung was really impressive. In the 1 on 1 drills he played press coverage against the receivers and was stopping them left and right. He looked very impressive in man on man coverage, and remember he's a SAFTEY. That kind of asset would be great on this D.

Derrick Williams (Penn St. WR) Williams was looking quite beastly in the 1 on 1 drills. No defensive back could cover him at all. He has tremendous speed and acceleration. He looked like he had pretty soft hands and was running great routes. He reminds me a lot of a Wes Welker kind of guy. Slot receiver that has blazing speed, soft hands, and runs great routes. He's got decent size for a guy with that speed. Also he has great return ability. Could be a great guy to pick up after we address the much needed Offensive Line.

There was a lot more and I don't have time to list everything. I'll get back on later when I get home from my night class. Hopefully I'll get some time to check out a few more people I haven't had a chance to watch yet. Gotta love college.

Anyways, tell me what you guys think. It would be good to get opinions and input on what you guys think.

Go STEELERS!!!

ToothAche
01-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Good insight Seth!

seth_westover
01-21-2009, 11:49 AM
thanks man! ive had my eyes on a few guys throughout the year but those guys will be out of our reach! That being Andre Smith from alabama, Michael Oher from Ole Miss, B.J. Raji from BC, and Jason Smith from Baylor. These guys have all had there stocks either rise or they have been out of our reach since we made the playoffs and now the superbowl. We don't have the firepower to move up in the draft far enough to get any of the big names, but I'm not so sure if I'd want to move up in the first. If anything I want to stay put in the first and take Alex Mack, William Beatty, or Tyson Jackson if possible. Then move up in the second with our third since we cannot trade the comp. pick. That would give us a great talent in the first round two great talents in the second round, a possible steal in the third with a deep offensive live class or maybe Macho Harris, from what I've heard his stock isn't too high right now. I think a guy like Harris could be great in our zone scheme and with the great mentoring he would receive from Coach T, Coach Dick, and the vets like Deshea and Ike.

This draft class has the depth in the positions that we need and could really help us stay young in those positions and put us in a great spot to be a SERIOUS contender for the next 4,5,6, hell maybe even 7 years!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Mack, Beatty, and Williams all are guys I wouldn't mind the Steelers drafting.....I also like Eben Britton.....Really any OL will be ok with me.....OL and kick returner are the biggest needs right now......I really like Tyson Jackson from LSU........But if McFadden isn't resigned then a corner will be a need to......

Zachintosh66
01-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I agree B+G,

OL, DL, WR/KR, CB

in no particular order

Black@Gold Forever32
01-21-2009, 02:18 PM
I agree B+G,

OL, DL, WR/KR, CB

in no particular order

Yep, really best player available should be the approach again in the first round.......Of course certain positions will be exempt....QB,RB,TE are all positions that will not be considered in the first round.....I would even say LB but we all know how important LB's are to a 3-4 defense so this team will always look at LB and I don't there is a great chance a LB would be drafted in the first round but you never know since LB's are such a key.........

I really want the Steelers to draft an OT but if all the top ones fly off the board then I don't want the Steelers to reach for one......So really like we seem to agree on OL, DL, WR (one that could return kicks would be ideal), CB (depending on McFadden), should be the focus in the first round and really the first day of the draft.......

K Train
01-21-2009, 03:01 PM
williams is pretty nasty as a KR.

I absolutely hate most corners in the first round.

i love duke robinson and tyson jackson.

the only way i would go LB would be if Rey Maleluga slipped to us, hes a big man that would be a perfect replacement for farrior, hes a sideline to sideline MLB with the ability to blow up guards in the run game

NOVA STEELERS
01-24-2009, 06:53 PM
A. Q Shipley from PENN ST is a beast http://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09shipley.jpghttp://www.nflspot.com/nfldraftbars/09shipley.jpg

seth_westover
01-24-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm watching the senior bowl now. Doing a little more scouting. So far Patrick Chung (Oregon Safety) just laid a huge hit on one of the south receivers. Herman Johnson looked good at RT on his first drive for the south. We'll see how that goes. Fili Moala has created a lot of pressure. His cousin is pretty damn good (Haloti Ngata). Quinn Johnson has made a few big plays so far. Maybe a guy to look at as a fullback in the later rounds.

--- Added 1/24/2009 at 06:30 PM ---

The more I see of Mitch King (DL Iowa) the more I like him. He really seams like a steeler kind of guy. Nothing but production his entire career, and all he hears is you're too small, too slow, too this, and too that. The guy is really tough and has created a lot of pressure. I'm sure with a little added strength and the mentoring of Brett and Aaron, he could be a beast for years to come. I know its not very realistic but, if we could get Mitch King, Tyson Jackson, and Ron Brace this year, our D-Line would be SET for years to come.

Thomas_43
01-24-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm sitting here watching the game myself. I've also been impressed with Mitch King. He's consistently jumping the gaps. Also liked Macho Harris's hustle on special teams, as Mayock was saying on the commentating that's what these guys are gonna have to do to make teams. Derek Pegeus and Ellis Lankster both had nice open field tackles.

2nd Half, Ellis Lankster just made a very nice interception, I'm impressed with this kid, out of a Ju. Co. a 1 year starter at WVU, wouldn't mind seeing us take a shot at this kid in the 5-7th rounds. Pat White is the best looking QB in this game, unfortunately his body just won't let him be an every down QB. He's just to skinny and only weighs 189 lbs. Herman Johnson is having a pretty solid game at RT, that guy is just a freak(size wise)!! He is the biggest baby ever born in the state of Louisiana!!! Derek Williams is looking very solid in the return game.

seth_westover
01-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Johnson did look good! I think that we could bring him in and move him to guard like a lenonard davis kind of thing. I'd be willing to spend a 4th or 5th on him!

steelcityrockers
01-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Johnson looked pretty bad. He was horribly slow in Pass Protection and fell off quite a few blocks in the running game. I want nothing to do with him. Raji fulfilled my expectations of doing absolutely nothing. Quinn Johnson had a very nice night (FB from LSU) as did Rashad Jennings and Cedric Pearson. The QB from Central Arkansas and Pat White also did well. Juaquin Iglesias did well.

Callax
01-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Pitt needs OL and DL
no LB's, remember they bruce davis last year. the #2 QB sacker in ucla history, he'll sit a year and maybe this year he'll be able to contribute...
S/CB depth (depends on FA)
KR/PR

K Train
01-25-2009, 01:10 PM
what is pat white coming out as? a wr?

**** herman johnson

and back to novas post....AQ shipley? no thanks

steelcityrockers
01-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Pat White is coming out as a QB, but if he wants to get drafed before the 5th round, he would be smart to practice with the WR's at the combine. AQ Shipley has a terrible body for a center, as Mike Mayock put it. Really short arms.

Thomas_43
01-25-2009, 01:43 PM
For some reason Mayock has shipley rated as his number 4 center. He said that his football mentality will help him in the nfl. BS. Anyhow, White is pretty persistant on coming out as a QB, but like rockers said, he'd be smart to practice with the wr's at the combine.
Herman Johnson is a RT and nothing else, he will not be a good NFL player imo. He didn't have that bad of a game yesterday.

Only 2 players I think made a case for them moving up in the draft at yesterday's game. Lankster will go from being a 7th round pick, to a late 5-6th rounder, and Robert Ayers had a very strong game. No idea where people have him projected.

K Train
01-25-2009, 01:55 PM
well i mean white could be a QB, its not that he cant. hes about the same weight as colt brennen i think brennen is a badass. White is such a good athlete though, a backup QB just seems like wasted talent to me

Thomas_43
01-25-2009, 02:55 PM
The only thing that hurts White is his weight I think, I mean he could be another inch or 2 taller, but he's got the arm, sort of a long release. I agree with you tho, he's such a great athlete that he should be on the field and not sitting as a back up QB.

K Train
01-25-2009, 03:34 PM
6-1 192 isnt THAT small, undersized for a typical QB but he certainly not a typical QB. He really should change position though, ward, randel el, cribbs all did and they have had quite a bit of success. cant be stubborn when you are playing for a career

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2009, 03:43 PM
6-1 192 isnt THAT small, undersized for a typical QB but he certainly not a typical QB. He really should change position though, ward, randel el, cribbs all did and they have had quite a bit of success. cant be stubborn when you are playing for a career

You're right White shouldn't be stubborn about playing QB in the NFL....Really he would be Kordell Stewart all over again as a QB.....But he could make the transition to WR like Kordell did......Kordell was a bad *** WR with the Steelers...He should have stayed playing WR......I think Pat White will wake up and realize that making the tranistion to WR is the best move for him to sustain a career in the NFL......

Steelers7fan
01-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Offensive lineman..... The guy from Oregon is it Unger...I think? People seem to think he'll be there when we draft.
I like what I Hear from what little I know.

First round offensive lineman
Second Round Defensiveline.
Third Round Cornerback

I think you'll also possibily see us get a free agent offensive lineman...we're 25-million under the cap which is a great because it alows us to have alot of flexibility.
I think were going to have a nice three year run at championships...minimum.

DIESELMAN
01-25-2009, 10:46 PM
we're 25-million under the cap which is a great because it alows us to have alot of flexibility.
Depends on where you go to look that up but its probably less then that, around 17-19 Million. The Steelers spent nearly $128 Mil in payroll last year, 6th highest in the NFL. The product translates that spending. And when they did Roethlisberger’s extension last March they pro-rated his $25m signing bonus over the 8 years of the deal, and his 2009 salary is “only” $4.75m, so his 2009 cap hit is a manageable $7.9m :duh: Figure in the resignings of possibly 7-8 out of 12 FA's (10 UFA's and 2 RFA's), not counting the players who have 1-2 years left on their contracts (restructure time). The Steelers FO will be busy this offseason juggling numbers once again....No worries, we have the best people up there doing that.

K Train
01-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Offensive lineman..... The guy from Oregon is it Unger...I think? People seem to think he'll be there when we draft.
I like what I Hear from what little I know.

First round offensive lineman
Second Round Defensiveline.
Third Round Cornerback

I think you'll also possibily see us get a free agent offensive lineman...we're 25-million under the cap which is a great because it alows us to have alot of flexibility.
I think were going to have a nice three year run at championships...minimum.

me and bg32 have talked about unger, i like him and all, hes a good player but "versatility" never sits well with me while talking about an offensive lineman. they say he could play center, guard and tackle....no way in hell he could ever play tackle at anything more than a mediocre backup level and as far as interior lineman go hes not the best and wouldnt be that great for our scheme....were looking for dominance, not mediocrity. i would certainly give him a chance if we drafted him i just dont think he'll be that high on our list

ToothAche
01-26-2009, 10:23 AM
me and bg32 have talked about unger, i like him and all, hes a good player but "versatility" never sits well with me while talking about an offensive lineman. they say he could play center, guard and tackle....no way in hell he could ever play tackle at anything more than a mediocre backup level and as far as interior lineman go hes not the best and wouldnt be that great for our scheme....were looking for dominance, not mediocrity. i would certainly give him a chance if we drafted him i just dont think he'll be that high on our list

Versatility is great when talking about a back-up guy that can come in for spot duty, but we need a beast! We need a guy that can dominate at his position. Right now, our line is missing a guy that can get us that automatic 2 yard first down pick-up we have needed so much this year. I agree with K-Train, lets go out and get a guy that plays one position and plays it well.

K Train
01-26-2009, 10:30 AM
one absolute force on any line at any position makes everyone else on the line that much better

BlackGold4vr
01-26-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't see much talk of Tony Hills in the discussions. What kind of a tackle was he for Texas? Was he a left tackle? I read he was a first team All-American his senior year and would have gone higher in the draft had he not broke his leg. If his leg is rehabbed will he play into the decisions made on draft day? We don't get to see him practice so the average fan has no idea what Tony Hills brings to the table. I don't see many sports writers talking about him either. Does anyone have some insight on Tony Hills? :dunno:

Where's our Longhorn fans who watched this guy play for 4 years?

Found this on the 2007 Texas Longhorn scouting report:

On the left side will be 6-6, 305-pound senior Tony Hills, a former tight end who grew into an all-star. Now he's the team's top tackle option with excellent athleticism and good toughness. He'll be the one the team runs behind; he's great on the move.

K Train
01-26-2009, 11:15 PM
i like tony hills alot to make a push this year, time will tell. he dominated in preseason

Number99
01-27-2009, 09:20 AM
wasn't Hills recovering from a few injuries from prior to training camp ? Even though he played in preseason he wasn't 100% was he ?

K Train
01-29-2009, 12:09 AM
heres some guys i like in the first 3 rounds.

Duke Robinson G OU
Alex Mack C CAL
Tyson Jackson DE LSU
Eben Britton OT AZ

Derrick Williams WR PSU
Phil Loadholt OT OU
William Beatty OT Uconn
Victor Harris CB VT

Domonique Johnson CB Jackson st <---im all about him
David Bruton S ND
Ramses Barden WR cal poly

darnik44
01-29-2009, 04:14 PM
heres some guys i like in the first 3 rounds.

Duke Robinson G OU
Alex Mack C CAL
Tyson Jackson DE LSU
Eben Britton OT AZ

Derrick Williams WR PSU
Phil Loadholt OT OU
William Beatty OT Uconn
Victor Harris CB VT

Domonique Johnson CB Jackson st <---im all about him
David Bruton S ND
Ramses Barden WR cal poly

Only 2 first round prospects.

$teelersRule
01-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Alex Mack and Eben Britton would also be perfect picks at our spot

K Train
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
macho is not a first round prospect

duke is borderline, he could go early second ala justin blalock

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2009, 05:59 PM
When picking 31 or 32 in the first round is just like picking in the 2nd round....So Mack and Britton should be on the Steelers sites when they pick........

steelcityrockers
01-29-2009, 07:04 PM
I would like to say Macho Harris is one of the more overrated prospects. He will go in the second day and justifiably. His hips are too stiff to run with most NFL receivers.

K Train
01-29-2009, 07:10 PM
i kinda like him, ive always thought of him as a late second early third guy, he has experience returning kicks and is a very good overall special teamer. solid tackler and i think he has some potential playing in a defense like ours

steelcityrockers
01-29-2009, 08:45 PM
I mean, he would probably be a ST stud, but I want a little more than that from a first day pick. Not to mention our corners are straight nasty. Our 4th Corner, William Gay, led the NFL with 3.3 yards per completion given up. That's gangsta.

K Train
01-29-2009, 11:11 PM
ive loved william gay since day one, i think he could be a starter for us, but i think mcfadden gets resigned and gay stays in his role and it will increase when townsend moves on. i just like macho as a guy that could come in and be a probowl special teamer and fill a role in our style of defense...i would much rather take macho in the 3rd than any other corner in the first, thats a waste to me

BlackGold4vr
01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
When picking 31 or 32 in the first round is just like picking in the 2nd round....So Mack and Britton should be on the Steelers sites when they pick........

:plus1:

My first pick would be Britton to fill our need at tackle, second pick would be Tyson Jackson because it is also a need to find a successor to Aaron Smith. He would fill in our rotation at DE very nicely. If Britton is already gone and Jackson is there he would be an easy pick. My third choice would be Phil Loadholt. Yeah, I know you don't like him but he reminds me of Jeff Otah and I think he will make a badass RT in this league. The guy can really move people and piles and couldn't be any worse than Willie Colon! Alex Mack is my fourth choice. If we can't fill a need at tackle or end may as well grab the top center on the board. Hartwig is alright but he is not exactly a franchise center to build a line around. Mack is also a lower priority because center is a deep position in this years draft and we could still get a good one in round 3 or 4.

Still counting on Tony Hills to make a play for one of the tackle spots in camp this year! If we get Britton they can battle it out for the LT job with the loser taking the right side. Either way I don't want to see Willie Colon playing there next year!

K Train
01-30-2009, 12:22 AM
i dont consider picking 32 just a second round pick...its still a first round pick and we invest alot in them. we traded up to 25 from 32 last time we had that pick and it was worth it. you want second and third round players to be impacts early on in their careers but you count on a first rounder to be.

Tyson jackson is a prototype 34 end, he plays the run with a passion. I like loadholt, i actually like him alot. jeff otah was a fat ****ing slob i hated him, loadholt is a giant man but he is ****ing nasty and i do think he moves very well for being so huge. he simply engulfs defenders in the run game and holds his own in pass protection. i do think he will end up being a first round pick after his workouts. he reminded me of starks at first, but hes not starks, starks is soft...loadholt is nasty. i wouldnt mind drafting robinson in the first and loadholt in the second, just take the whole left side of OUs line lol. i just dont think loadholt will be there as long as hes projected to be now

BlackGold4vr
01-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Otah turned out to be pretty good for the Panthers! Watched Carolina destroy some teams this year with their running game and Otah was mauling some people! I didn't like him either last year. My assessment was the same as yours, fat ****ing slob, but after watching him play I will admit I was wrong! Otah looked good to me! :yesnod:

K Train
01-30-2009, 01:20 AM
i saw him be injury prone this year....hes absolute trash in pass protection, no one doubted that he would be a mauler in the run game.

loadholt>otah

BlackGold4vr
01-30-2009, 01:31 AM
B&G32 and myself both like Tyronne Green in round 5 or 6. Watched him at the senior bowl and he can play. Mike Tice said Green had the best pop off the line and that he was the best pulling guard at the senior bowl. He could be a late round steal. :yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2009, 08:37 PM
i dont consider picking 32 just a second round pick...its still a first round pick and we invest alot in them. we traded up to 25 from 32 last time we had that pick and it was worth it. you want second and third round players to be impacts early on in their careers but you count on a first rounder to be.

Tyson jackson is a prototype 34 end, he plays the run with a passion. I like loadholt, i actually like him alot. jeff otah was a fat ****ing slob i hated him, loadholt is a giant man but he is ****ing nasty and i do think he moves very well for being so huge. he simply engulfs defenders in the run game and holds his own in pass protection. i do think he will end up being a first round pick after his workouts. he reminded me of starks at first, but hes not starks, starks is soft...loadholt is nasty. i wouldnt mind drafting robinson in the first and loadholt in the second, just take the whole left side of OUs line lol. i just dont think loadholt will be there as long as hes projected to be now

Ktrain I wasn't trying to under value pick 32......I know we traded up the last time we had 32 so its valuable no doubt....But all I'm saying if a certain player has a second round grade then it wouldn't be that much of a reach to pick him at 32 especially since the Steelers won't pick until 32 again in the second round.......That is all I was trying to say......You know how I feel about teams reaching for a player....lol I hate it hate it hate it......So if a player like a Alex Mack has a second round grade then I wouldn't consider it to much of a reach at 32.......

I don't like Loadholt at the end of first at all....I really wouldn't want the Steelers to take him in the second round either....My opinion Trent Williams was Oklahoma's best OL this year and he returned to school.......I still expect Loadholt to fall this draft....I might be wrong but I wouldn't shocked if he did.....

I really like Tyronne Green and I think he would tremendous value in the later rounds.....I know Kendall Simmons went to Auburn to........Simmons really hasn't lived up to his first round draft status but Green wouldn't cost a first round pick so I think he would be worth the risk.......

Tyson Jackson is a beast and I would draft him at 32 with no problem......I love the opinions and I really enjoy the draft thoughts on this site......Keep them coming gentlemen.....

BlackGold4vr
01-30-2009, 08:49 PM
I love the opinions and I really enjoy the draft thoughts on this site......Keep them coming gentlemen.....

:plus1:

We have great discussions and even disagree without being disrespectful of each others opinions. I enjoy these discussions too! Its the people here that make this site Rock!

K Train
01-30-2009, 10:55 PM
loadholts status depends on his workouts, his footwork will make or break him. i do think hes gonna show up in shape and open some eyes. hes a raw player but he obviously has the size which is something you cant teach...not that i have to say that lol. personally i think hes a much better prospect than fatass otah was, who had a respectable rookie year

i just look at a guy like duane brown that got drafted by houston in the first round when he really wasnt considered a first round talent and he started at LT all year and played pretty well imo. if our guys do their research which i have no doubt they will we can find a quality lineman with the 32nd pick....not oher, monroe or smith quality but the next best thing. i still like robinson, imo he was their best lineman this year which he was expected to be. even though hes a true guard, hes got the size to play tackle, most likely right tackle since hes really just a mauler, not to much finesse to him. i would rather put him at guard and let him dominate.

i do like britton too, hes very fast for a man that huge. he could be a LT for a long time. its so hard to make alot of judgements until the combine and pro days.

if jackon is there at 32 im not even hesitating if im colbert or tomlin, hes a guy that will keep this defense on top for years to come

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2009, 11:21 PM
loadholts status depends on his workouts, his footwork will make or break him. i do think hes gonna show up in shape and open some eyes. hes a raw player but he obviously has the size which is something you cant teach...not that i have to say that lol. personally i think hes a much better prospect than fatass otah was, who had a respectable rookie year

i just look at a guy like duane brown that got drafted by houston in the first round when he really wasnt considered a first round talent and he started at LT all year and played pretty well imo. if our guys do their research which i have no doubt they will we can find a quality lineman with the 32nd pick....not oher, monroe or smith quality but the next best thing. i still like robinson, imo he was their best lineman this year which he was expected to be. even though hes a true guard, hes got the size to play tackle, most likely right tackle since hes really just a mauler, not to much finesse to him. i would rather put him at guard and let him dominate.

i do like britton too, hes very fast for a man that huge. he could be a LT for a long time. its so hard to make alot of judgements until the combine and pro days.

if jackon is there at 32 im not even hesitating if im colbert or tomlin, hes a guy that will keep this defense on top for years to come

I really like Britton...I'm still holding on the slim chances of Michael Oher falling to us...lol Not going to happen but I can dream......I'm not solid 100 percent on Britton either....But I do think he is the next best OT after the top four in this class.....Maybe I'm being to hard on Loadholt....Trust me I will be very interesting to see what he does at the combine since I'm really interested to see his foot work....I do think the combine is over-rated to some degree but footwork is very important for an OL.....Especially a big guy like Loadholt.....

I'm high on Trent Williams so my opinion on him might be a tad higher then yours....Duke Robinson is a very good OG and I wouldn't put him at tackle.....I rather pass on drafting an OG high and take a chance with a Tyronne Green....Green is terrific at pulling and I think he would be a nice fit with the Steelers.....

I think the Duane Brown of this year might be William Beatty from UConn.....I like him but I personally think he would a reach like Brown....But Brown was solid this year for the Texans.....

We have been on agreement with Tyson Jackson for some time.....He is a beast.....Should be interesting what the Steelers do in the first....What are the chances of trading up?.....We have seen them twice in the last 6 years trade up for a player in the first round....So we know they will make that move if they want a player bad enough.....

MDSteel15
01-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Only 2 first round prospects.

You're just as nuts on the other forum! :imho:
The first 4 players he mentioned are 1st round prospects.....

steelcityrockers
01-31-2009, 03:00 PM
For the record, Duane Brown struggled quite a bit this year. He was replaced every other series or ever third series by Ephraim Salaam and how a lot of trouble dealing with the speed rush.

bleed black n gold
02-05-2009, 08:24 PM
percy harvin hands down.

Zachintosh66
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
last year i wanted OL.

i guess i wont know untill we decide what gonna happen with McFaddy and Washington.

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 10:14 PM
percy harvin hands down.

HELLLLLLL NO :evilshake:

cuatro_tres43
02-06-2009, 01:00 AM
i would like percy harvin in black and gold...but i wouldn't know what to do with him until ward retires. it would kinda be a wasted pick.