PDA

View Full Version : Clark VS. McGahee

Dean Denton
01-19-2009, 07:57 PM
ESPN is saying it was helmet to helmet hit. Their helmets barely touched. Now there is going to be a big fat fine. What crap....

Koopa
01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
espn is the national enquirer, they say anything for a story............. it was a clean hit, and if it was helmet to helmet, clark would have been right there by him in the hospital

Ambridge
01-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Exactly!!
BTW...I think it was Ryan Clark that made the hit.

I've been hearing a few media idiots saying it was a helmet to helmet hit and my response is that is nothing but TOTAL BS!!
You could see Clark's shoulder going in first not his helmet.

It would be totally ridiculous for Clark to get a fine and if I were him I'd tell the NFL to go ****-off if they try penalize him for the hit.

Mark B.
01-19-2009, 08:53 PM
typical espn bullsh*t!

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-19-2009, 08:56 PM
their helmets did hit ,there is no denying that BUT he did not lead with it. willis also lowered his helmet right before the hit to cause some contact,but Clark was leading with his shoulders....

Steel Trap86
01-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Phil Simms, Deon Sanders & Steve Mariucci all said it was a clean hit

By the way it was Ryan Clark who made the hit, not Tyrone Carter, but I doubt Clark meant to lay him out like he did. He led with his shoulder and there was helmet to helmet we all saw it, but Simms was saying it didnt matter and it was clean and legal.

Stairwayto7
01-19-2009, 09:15 PM
ESPN - Jaworski said that he just watched it atleast 50 times, and that there was helmet to helmet contact, but he led with his shoulders that hit first. When both players are going downward, you can`t pin point the contact at that speed. Jaworski said, legal, good hit. And the NFL should rule that way also.

Koopa
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
i changed the title................... **** i hate espn, they love seeing ppl get fined it seems.........

Roadkill
01-19-2009, 10:16 PM
still say there was alot of late hits on Ben that were NON CALLS

blackngold29
01-19-2009, 10:32 PM
It was helmet to helmet, but I haven't heard one person say that he led with his helmet and that's what counts.

Somebody on another site said it best: That hit was a microcasm of the Steelers vs Ravens and only one guy got up.

SteelFanInIL
01-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I hope to God there are no fines dished out. That would be total BS... Question, does the NFL fine refs for blowing calls?

Stlrs4Life
01-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Illegal my ***:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJQSXzFpT2c

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2009, 11:41 PM
That was a clean a hit as you can get, NFLN knows that. hell even Nance and Simms said it was a clean hit. Even freeking Tom Jackson and Chris Berman said it was clean and anybody with common sense knows it was. The NFL won't fine him.

K Train
01-20-2009, 12:12 AM
look back at the guy that busted boldins face earlier this year...it was similar to that

i dont think he'll get fined personally, he clearly led with his shoulder even though the helmets eventually hit, but thats why they wear them, helmets touch each other all game long. mcgayhee ran at clark just as hard as clark ran at him, he could have gone down like a bitch....i hate mcgayhee, clark should have hit him harder.

no fine, legal hit....;violent, but legal

igor0190
01-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Rotowire:
"With 3:29 remaining in Sunday night's AFC Championship Game, McGahee suffered a vicious, but legal, blow to head from Steelers' safety Ryan Clark that left both players laying on the ground. While Clark eventually walked off the field, McGahee was carted off and had to spend the night at a Pittsburgh hospital. While McGahee displayed limited movement on the field, the Baltimore Sun reports that he does have movement in all of his limbs and is resting "neurologically intact."

McGahee (neck) was released from the hospital on Monday, the Associated Press reports.

AZ_Steeler
01-20-2009, 01:37 AM
If they want to see an illegal hit and someone leading with their helmet then maybe they should go review the play where Scott nailed Parker on that little swing pass... not only did Scott lead with his helmet but he also hit Parker in his helmet!

There is no way in hell that Clark led with his helmet!!! If there is a fine there should be an out cry from everyone and the NFL offices should be flooded with emails, phone calls, faxes... you name it!

DIESELMAN
01-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Question, does the NFL fine refs for blowing calls?

If they do, we won't hear about it. That would give us more fuel when it comes to complaining about the refs.

violent, but legal

Exactly!!! Some people see the violence of the hit and the aftermath and automatically scream it was a dirty hit. Clark led with his shoulder and even tried to turn his head and body away before making contact.

DIESELMAN
01-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Just read this statement put out by a NFL spokesperson.....Doesn't sound like he'll get fined if the NFL is agreeing that its a legal hit.

"[McGahee] had completed the catch and was a runner. Helmet-to-helmet contact is legal in that situation as it is for any ball carrier (running back, quarterback, or receiver). Helmet-to-helmet contact is prohibited against defenseless players (defined as a receiver in the process of making a catch or a quarterback in the act of passing)."

HUNT4SEVEN
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Clark did not lead with his Helmet, he launched with his shoulder there Helmets made contact.:tt02: Now Larry an Aquan be ready for more of the same :hehheh: By the way we need to redo Clarks contract after this season:yesnod: we don't need him leaving after the 2009 season, Imo he has atleast 3-4 good years left in him:yesnod:.

K Train
01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
he wont be fined, nfl said that he made the catch and was running and was by no means considered a defensless reciever

steelers4life66
01-20-2009, 02:14 PM
I was at a rat bird site seeing what was being said about that hit. I knew their would be some crying going on but, Jesus. Their screaming bloody murder about it. One guy was talking about criminal charges should be filed and all kinds of s**t . Now their calling Clark a cheap shot artist too right along with Hines. CRY RAT BIRDS CRY!!!:lol:

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/index.php?showforum=6

DIESELMAN
01-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Bunch of idiots talking about criminal charges. I could see if it was a ping pong match and one guy came around and layed the other out, but we're talking FOOTBALL!!!!! Bunch of pussies talkin **** about a violent yet legal hit. :yellowthumb:

popstaala
01-20-2009, 03:39 PM
I was at a rat bird site seeing what was being said about that hit. I knew their would be some crying going on but, Jesus. Their screaming bloody murder about it. One guy was talking about criminal charges should be filed and all kinds of s**t . Now their calling Clark a cheap shot artist too right along with Hines. CRY RAT BIRDS CRY!!!:lol:

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/index.php?showforum=6

they need to stop watching football and go back to playing with their barbie dolls...
the nfl officials says it legal and clark is not goin to be fined