PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin's Gatorade Bath

AZ_Steeler
01-19-2009, 02:55 AM
Was it just me or did Tomlin looked pissed when they dumped the Gatorade on him?

blackngold29
01-19-2009, 03:02 AM
It wasn't that great of a bath, just kind of down his back. I don't think they should do that becasue they haven't won anything yet.

Arizona of course drenched Whisenhunt and was then covered in confetti 3 miles deep. I think our post-game celebration was better because we know that there's more to go.

JensK
01-19-2009, 03:24 AM
He yelled something like: Holy shiat this is freaking cold!

Roadkill
01-19-2009, 08:33 AM
I doubt he was pissed after wrapping up the AFC

DIESELMAN
01-19-2009, 08:43 AM
If he was pissed, he has good reason, we haven't won the SB yet. No celebrations when we clinched the North, none when we won against SD. We are on a mission, thats Tomlins mindset, no celebrating until we bring home the 6th Lombardi!!!!!

lloydfan4life
01-19-2009, 09:49 AM
I agree AZ, it did look like he was pissed. I think it probably just caught him by surprise and he whirled around quick to see what & who it was. I don't think he was mad.

ejsteeler
01-19-2009, 09:50 AM
What I little we know about him, I would believe he was pissed. I would also believe he got over pretty quick. :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Tomlin is a no nonsense kind of guy, he knows there is much work to be done. In the trophy presentation he said "we didn't come this far just to get to Tampa". I don't think he was pissed so much as surprised and freezing.

SteelerNC
01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
he didnt seem pissed to me.

Captcoolhand
01-19-2009, 10:23 AM
It wasn't that great of a bath, just kind of down his back.
Look like they were almost afraid to dump it on him.

Dean Denton
01-19-2009, 11:08 AM
It wasn't that great of a bath, just kind of down his back. I don't think they should do that becasue they haven't won anything yet.

Arizona of course drenched Whisenhunt and was then covered in confetti 3 miles deep. I think our post-game celebration was better because we know that there's more to go. He won the AFC, and thats huge. Its not the SB, but there have only been 42 AFC winners before him. Thats huge in its own right. Its 1 out of the 2 times I think you should get the bath.

Steel Trap86
01-19-2009, 01:20 PM
HAHAAA NOOOOOOOOOO MAN he wasnt pissed at all, it was more of a "god damnit dont get it on my coat" kind of look. Every coach dreams of getting the gatorade shower, it means you are a champion.

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Who tried to dump that ice bucket on Tomlin. Tomlin kind of slipped out of it. Bet that guy will have some fun in practice now! I could not catch who the brave man was.
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

steelerschick1220
01-19-2009, 01:35 PM
If he was pissed it was because it was freezing outside and getting gatorade dumped down your back in 20 degree weather can't feel that great. But he seemed pretty cool with it to me.

Troyisabeast_43
01-19-2009, 02:17 PM
If he was pissed, he has good reason, we haven't won the SB yet. No celebrations when we clinched the North, none when we won against SD. We are on a mission, thats Tomlins mindset, no celebrating until we bring home the 6th Lombardi!!!!!

I agree I didnt want any gatorade dumps or confetti sprayed all over the field like Arizona did yesterday after they won. That's a sign to me that you are satisfied with what you just did and dont really mind if you take the next step and won the Super Bowl. I can understand why Arizona did the big celebration and the confetti seeing that this is their first time going to the Super Bowl in their franchise's history. But I think it was a little bit over done and it kind of tells me that Arizona is just satisfied with just getting there and not winning the Super Bowl. The Steelers werent really over excited like the Cardinals entire team was especially Tomlin. He knows there is one more mile and one more game to win before they can do all the confetti dropping and gatorade dumping they want once the 6th Lombardi Trophy is in their hands.

AZ_Steeler
01-19-2009, 02:47 PM
I agree I didnt want any gatorade dumps or confetti sprayed all over the field like Arizona did yesterday after they won. That's a sign to me that you are satisfied with what you just did and dont really mind if you take the next step and won the Super Bowl. I can understand why Arizona did the big celebration and the confetti seeing that this is their first time going to the Super Bowl in their franchise's history. But I think it was a little bit over done and it kind of tells me that Arizona is just satisfied with just getting there and not winning the Super Bowl. The Steelers werent really over excited like the Cardinals entire team was especially Tomlin. He knows there is one more mile and one more game to win before they can do all the confetti dropping and gatorade dumping they want once the 6th Lombardi Trophy is in their hands.

BELIEVE ME... I hear local radio talk shows here everyday, the Cardinal fans were satisfied with just being in the NFCCG! A majority of the fans found it hard to believe they were in the NFCCG because they were already thinking about next year and they hadn't even played the Eagles yet!

Dean Denton
01-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Joe Falco should have got some kind of bath for being rude after the game. someone should have just hit him with the bucket...

Troyisabeast_43
01-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Joe Falco should have got some kind of bath for being rude after the game. someone should have just hit him with the bucket...

Why what did Flacco do after the game was over did I miss something??

Dean Denton
01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Why what did Flacco do after the game was over did I miss something??
He wouldn't shake hands with Ben. They made a comment about it.

Steel Trap86
01-19-2009, 05:05 PM
He wouldn't shake hands with Ben. They made a comment about it.

Wow really? I am a little surprised I thought there would be some sort of respect from Flacco to Ben, I guess he's a big piece of **** then.

Dean Denton
01-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Wow really? I am a little surprised I thought there would be some sort of respect from Flacco to Ben, I guess he's a big piece of **** then.
I was surprised when they mentioned it. they moved the camera off of it. I guess Ben tried to grab him back or something. Try saying, "hey man, dont be that way." Not sure, they just let it go right to the podium.

Steel Trap86
01-19-2009, 05:10 PM

Ya Arizona's season is already a success even if they lose the Superbowl, the Steelers have to win the Superbowl or else it is a bust...and we will!! Coach always gets a gatorade shower if he goes to the big game tho