PDA

View Full Version : Browns have confirmed cases of Staph Infections

House of Steel
10-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Staph Infection Confirmed By Browns Camp

POSTED: 2:53 pm EDT October 27, 2006
UPDATED: 4:52 pm EDT October 27, 2006

CLEVELAND -- In the past month, there have been several reports of staph infection outbreaks at area high schools, but now the Cleveland Browns are dealing with the serious skin condition.

NewsChannel5 reported that in the past two years, the Browns have had five cases of staph infection.

The latest was just a month ago and it involved Browns center LeCharles Bentley.

No one knew at the time Bentley suffered a season-ending torn patella tendon that his rehabilitation would be sidelined by a case of staph infection.

Four weeks after surgery, Bentley was back at the Cleveland Clinic having another surgery performed to clean out a staph infection.

The Browns informed their medical partners of yet another case of staph because this was the fifth case in two years.

An investigation was then launched.

Browns General Manager Phil Savage said the problem could be league-wide because the St. Louis Rams have had multiple cases as well.

The last case of staph for the Browns was with Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow, who lost 30 pounds.
Copyright 2006 by NewsNet5. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Looks like the Cleveland Browns can never catch a darn break anymore. I swear this team is so cursed it isn't becoming funny anymore. This is a real blow to them. God forbid this hits our guys. This is a serious thing here.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2006, 07:02 PM
I guess you never know what will crawl out of the mistaken lake these days...

Koopa
10-28-2006, 03:10 AM
how the hell do you get staph infection???........and what is it

Steelersfan
10-28-2006, 03:17 AM
http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/staphylococcal-infections-3

Steelerlyn
10-28-2006, 03:51 AM
:banana: :bigthumb: This is more serious than many may think. MRSA can easily kill a person. My husband had it and it got into most all of his organs. He was seeing the heart surgeon (who discovered it) as well as our family doctor.
Because someone dropped the ball, he was in the hospital for 2 months, last rites were given and that is when he got better. I feel for these guys and these facitlities; I am thinking this bigger than they are saying.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-28-2006, 12:51 PM
This really sucks for them. I hope they find the cause of this real fast. Is there a more cursed franchise in all of sports then the browns? :scratch: