PDA

View Full Version : Suggs a go... Rolle a NO!

LatrobePA
01-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Just heard it on the NFLC in the middle of the Jon Gruden firing!

Iron City South
01-16-2009, 08:50 PM
From NFL.COM, Samari Rolle not likely to play on Sunday. Twelve Ravens are listed on the injury report -- more are likely to be out!

NEWS
AFC injury report: Ravens CB Rolle doubtful
Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: AFC Championship injuries, Baltimore Ravens, Samari Rolle, Terrell Suggs

The Ravensí rugged defense could be without one of its top playmakers Sunday. And itís not LB Terrell Suggs.

CB Samari Rolle, who made an interception during last weekís divisional-round victory over the Titans, hasnít practiced all week because of a thigh injury and was listed Friday as doubtful for the AFC Championship Game against the Steelers. Rolle didnít play in the first regular-season meeting with Pittsburgh because of an injury, but he made a season-high five tackles in the second game.

Suggs, who also didnít practice all week because of a shoulder injury, is listed as questionable. He hasnít missed a game in his six-year NFL career and was emotional Thursday while discussing the prospect of sitting out the AFC Championship Game. His arm was in a sling, and heíll likely be a game-time decision.

Ravens WR Derrick Mason also missed the teamís practices this week and is questionable to play.

The Steelersí injury report was small in comparison, with S Troy Polamalu (calf) and C Justin Hartwig (knee) listed as probable. Both fully participated in practice Friday.

Ravensí injury report
OUT: LB Antwan Barnes (shoulder).
DOUBTFUL: CB Samari Rolle (thigh).
QUESTIONABLE: DT Justin Bannan (foot), WR Mark Clayton (thigh), TE Todd Heap (back), LB Jarret Johnson (calf), WR Derrick Mason (knee), FB LeíRon McClain (ankle)
LB Terrell Suggs (shoulder).
PROBABLE: LB Ray Lewis (shoulder), FB Lorenzo Neal (shoulder), S Ed Reed (knee).

Steelersí injury report
PROBABLE: C Justin Hartwig (knee), S Troy Polamalu (calf).

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/16/afc-injury-report-ravens-cb-rolle-doubtful/

SteelFanInIL
01-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Good I want Thuggs to be on the field when we send them home....there will be no excuses then.:tt02::helmet::tt02:

LatrobePA
01-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Good I want Thuggs to be on the field when we send them home....there will be no excuses then.:tt02::helmet::tt02:

He will but not for long, rumors are the Dr.s are gonna pump him up and he'll play without their approval...

I don't see him lasting long, a few hits is all!

Even with all the rats banged up we'll still need our A game!

yinzer
01-16-2009, 09:18 PM
i can hear the excuses already

tuggysteel822
01-16-2009, 09:20 PM
that's all we'll hear is excuses... LOL

steelers4life66
01-16-2009, 10:18 PM
He will but not for long, rumors are the Dr.s are gonna pump him up and he'll play without their approval...

I don't see him lasting long, a few hits is all!

Even with all the rats banged up we'll still need our A game!
Ya we will. Man I just hope WP can move the ball.

Ravenous Rex
01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
i can hear the excuses already

that's all we'll hear is excuses... LOL

It's kind of funny that some of you guys are so excited about some of our key players being out- yet then in the same post accusing us of making excuses.

The Ravens haven't made any excuses all year and we've lost more players to IR than anyone in the league.

K Train
01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
they should both just man up and play....and get dominated lol

blackngold29
01-17-2009, 12:09 AM
It's kind of funny that some of you guys are so excited about some of our key players being out- yet then in the same post accusing us of making excuses.

The Ravens haven't made any excuses all year and we've lost more players to IR than anyone in the league.

More starting players?

And teams that are still in it generally don't make excuses.

Steel Trap86
01-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Good bring them all on, GO STEELERS

yinzer
01-17-2009, 07:31 AM

hey rex, i NEVER expresses any excitement about your key players being out. i challenge you to find one of my posts where i did.

the two times we beat you this year, after the game, all you heard were excuses from the players. ask ray ray. last year was the same thing when we demoralized you on MNF. ray ray bitched and complained after that shalacking as well.

Stairwayto7
01-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Bring on whoever! Kicking @$$ taking names this week!

GOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo Steelers!

LatrobePA
01-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Hate the Ravens with or without starters!

The Rats IMO ruled most of the first two games yes we won but not the way we will tomorrow!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2009, 08:47 PM
It's time to put up or shut up, this is for the Championship if you can get out there on anything short of a wheel chair you get your *** out and play. We are expecting to get their best effort from their best places so whether they show up on the field or not we'll be ready.

We're as healthy as we're going to get and considering how bad it was earlier in the year we should be pleased with our teams health right now.

Jambasteel
01-17-2009, 08:58 PM

They always have an excuse. Most of them are defunct Redskin fans around here

BlackGold4vr
01-17-2009, 10:27 PM
I've heard that Suggs has torn ligaments in his shoulder and will need post season surgery. Its going to be extremely painful for him to play. If he goes, I can see him going off the field multiple times after that shoulder takes a blow. Will the team take him out if he proves to be ineffective? His back-up is hurt as well. As I have said before, we win this game because we are healthier and fresher. The emotions the Ravens will come out with in the beginning of the game will not be enough to carry them through 4 quarters. Steelers win going away!

:steelersflag5:

:champs:

:rats:

K Train
01-17-2009, 10:31 PM
ravens enter this game knowing they were beat twice even though they say it doesnt bother them...getting beat 3 times in one year by a team is just about as degrading as it gets....they come out over aggressive and it hurts them, the crowd is going to be insane and quite frankly i dont think flacco has it in him at all. this is not tom brady and the patriots were playing, its the ****ing ravens. steelers by 17

Roadkill
01-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Suggs in today ,I just got it from NFL Network

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Suggs in today ,I just got it from NFL Network

What good is a linebacker who can't lift his arm above his shoulder?? He won't last the whole game...:2cents:

lloydfan4life
01-18-2009, 11:29 AM
What good is a linebacker who can't lift his arm above his shoulder?? He won't last the whole game...:2cents:

I'll be surprised to see him in the game after the first quarter.

JensK
01-18-2009, 11:31 AM
If it really is a torn ligament in the shoulder there is no way he'll be able to play at a high level and he won't be able to play troughout the game. That stuff just hurts like crap. Tryed it once in me knee and it was so painful. Obviously i don't get payed the kind of money he does, nor do i play that important games, but still... I know that i for one would not be able to play

SteelerNC
01-18-2009, 11:48 AM
if they both dont play, they will use that as an excuse when they lose.

Jambasteel
01-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Everyone knows it doesn't matter. The difference for this game is that we are healthy and we will not let up.

BlackGold4vr
01-18-2009, 12:07 PM
if they both dont play, they will use that as an excuse when they lose.

Who cares? Excuses don't matter because they don't hoist Lombardi's in February. Do injuries matter? Of course they do. If they lose nobody will be talking about the Ravens and how they shoulda won if only they had Suggs or Roll. The injuries will be forgotten and the loss will be the only thing that matters.

1977 Oakland Raiders defeat the 2 time defending superbowl champion Steelers 24-7 in the AFCCG who were playing without both Franco Harris and Rocky Blier. No running game spelled doom for the Pittsburgh offense that year. Injuries do matter! :2cents:

LarryNJ
01-18-2009, 01:43 PM
1977 Oakland Raiders defeat the 2 time defending superbowl champion Steelers 24-7 in the AFCCG who were playing without both Franco Harris and Rocky Blier. No running game spelled doom for the Pittsburgh offense that year. Injuries do matter! :2cents:

And that was probably the Steelers best team ever.

Of course injuries matter, but this is the ultimate team sport so the other guys simply have to pick it up. Tomlin has said that many times through out the year. Without a doubt there will be guys who get hurt during the game today, both teams play that way. The back ups simply have to come in and do what they get paid to do. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ben go down and Byron come in and win it.

Stairwayto7
01-18-2009, 01:44 PM
throw the injury reports out! Doesn`t matter anymore. Sure I would like to have the four starters that we have, out for the season, but won`t happen!