PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Is A Joke-Get Ready Steelers Nation For A Storm

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm so tired of ESPN and really they're turning into a bunch of hacks.......Hyping a story that broke two years ago......I find it B.S. that this story appears days before our AFC title game......No hidden agenda there at all......**** ESPN.......This is a big reason why I didn't make fun of the Pats and their whole Spy Gate scandal.......Same *** hat from ESPN who talked to Matt Walsh about the Pats taping Rams signals before the Super Bowl wrote this trash article basically calling the Steelers Cheaters but without any proof really....Nice hack job there ESPN and it really shows what kind of company you are when you have total hacks like Mike Fish working for you.....Steelers Nation lets give Mike Fish and ESPN one big **** You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michaeljfish@gmail.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3831956

TampaSteelGirl
01-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I"ll give a big **** YOU to them as well!! What the hell????

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
This is the first time this has come to my attention. i will look into this and see if there is any truth to this...................couldn't find anything, so I'll let it slide. I love a good juicing....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2009, 12:48 PM
This story was out during that whole scandal with the HGH stuff but never really got much press. It's just typical of ESPN to try and stir the pot over something like this when they have no proof of anything. :wtf:

DIESELMAN
01-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Fisher is an idiot...he's not good enough to sell newspapers on a street corner let alone write for one...

memphissteelergirl
01-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Would you expect anything less from BSPN?

:evilshake:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2009, 12:54 PM
This story was out during that whole scandal with the HGH stuff but never really got much press. It's just typical of ESPN to try and stir the pot over something like this when they have no proof of anything. :wtf:

What bugs me this hack has no proof and its just ironic that ESPN waits just days before our AFC title game to re-hype this story.....Really this just proves what kind of company ESPN is and their hidden agenda......

Ravenous Rex
01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
No offense guys- and I know you'll hate me for this- but as a Ravens fan- I have to say it... Isn't 2006 the year James Harrison went from being cut 3 times to a pro-bowler?

To the outside person- it looks awful suspicious.

That said, I don't think there is many teams out there NOT juicing. The whole system is a joke when it comes to testing.

--- Added 1/16/2009 at 11:57 AM ---

What bugs me this hack has no proof and its just ironic that ESPN waits just days before our AFC title game to re-hype this story.....Really this just proves what kind of company ESPN is and their hidden agenda......

I will agree that ESPN is garbage 50% of the time, if not more. It's like a sports soap opera. If they don't have something controversial to talk about, people might actually watch local coverage. The reporters making these claims all have something to gain and are just trying to make a name for themselves.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
No offense guys- and I know you'll hate me for this- but as a Ravens fan- I have to say it... Isn't 2006 the year James Harrison went from being cut 3 times to a pro-bowler?

That said, I don't think there is many teams out there NOT juicing. The whole system is a joke when it comes to testing.

Nope last year James Harrison made the Pro Bowl for the first time and 2004 is when he was cut and then resigned......Anybody with a half of brain can figure out that the 3-4 is designed for OLB's to make plays and rack up sacks.....Nice try though....By your logic Andre Frazier should be a total badass by now to instead of career backup.......

lloydfan4life
01-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Would you expect anything less from BSPN?

:evilshake:

I agree! They are so one-sided in their reporting. Bunch of freakin' Patriot* lovers!
Kudos to Merril Hoge for standing up for Rydze even though he's an ESPN employee! :yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I dont have any issues with Steelers taking drugs to help them on the field. itd just the rest of the league that should be punished....lol

Ravenous Rex
01-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Nope last year James Harrison made the Pro Bowl for the first time and 2004 is when he was cut and then resigned......Anybody with a half of brain can figure out that the 3-4 is designed for OLB's to make plays and rack up sacks.....Nice try though....By your logic Andre Frazier should be a total badass by now to instead of career backup.......

Oh, so it was switching to a 3-4 defense that suddenly made Harrison an all-pro? Gotcha. That 4-3 made him so look so bad he got cut 3 times by you- and then more recently by us... but wait, WE run a 3-4 defense in Baltimore as well- so not sure if that argument flies. Yeah, I guess my half brain missed that one.

I realize that his first pro bowl was last year- but it's not like an overnight thing when you start cycling on steroids or hgh. I'm also not here to prove that he did them or anything- I'm just pointing out the way it LOOKS.

As far as Frazier, I thought his career pretty much ended with a neck injury? Not sure what steroids can do when you suffer debilitating injuries like that. He might have latched on to the Bengals, but a return to the form that gave him great potential would be a stretch- but yeah, I guess you would know better than me being a Steelers fan.

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Oh, so it was switching to a 3-4 defense that suddenly made Harrison an all-pro? Gotcha. That 4-3 made him so look so bad he got cut 3 times by you- and then more recently by us... but wait, WE run a 3-4 defense in Baltimore as well- so not sure if that argument flies. Yeah, I guess my half brain missed that one.

I realize that his first pro bowl was last year- but it's not like an overnight thing when you start cycling on steroids or hgh. I'm also not here to prove that he did them or anything- I'm just pointing out the way it LOOKS.

As far as Frazier, I thought his career pretty much ended with a neck injury? Not sure what steroids can do when you suffer debilitating injuries like that. He might have latched on to the Bengals, but a return to the form that gave him great potential would be a stretch- but yeah, I guess you would know better than me being a Steelers fan.The Steelers have been known to make better LB's then most teams. A lot of players leave here and never have the same success. Its the system, and Pittsburgh finds the players to fit in. Or maybe the Ravens didn't motivate Harrison enough or maybe Ray isn't all that great at bringing younger guys in to mold them. Adalius Thomas is pretty dang good and he didn't want to stay with the Ravens.

LatrobePA
01-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Can you picture Harrison wearing purple? F no that is why he is glad to get the hell out of that shithole!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2009, 02:45 PM

As far as Frazier, I thought his career pretty much ended with a neck injury? Not sure what steroids can do when you suffer debilitating injuries like that. He might have latched on to the Bengals, but a return to the form that gave him great potential would be a stretch- but yeah, I guess you would know better than me being a Steelers fan.

Wow nice smart *** post......I try to have a friendly conversation and give you a rebuttal on your claim that HGH made Harrison the player he is......That is the kind of response you come up with....As for Andre Frazier, he currently is a backup OLB for the Steelers and has bounced back and forth with the Steelers since 2005.....He played last week vs the Chargers....His career isn't over and he was undrafted just like Harrison and if the Steelers are injecting their players or have been the last few years then I would assume Frazier could be a bad *** just like James Harrison.....:lol:

Keep talking out your *** and you did really show your true colors....Shame on me to think different of you.....

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Wow nice smart *** post......I try to have a friendly conversation and give you a rebuttal on your claim that HGH made Harrison the player he is......That is the kind of response you come up with....As for Andre Frazier, he currently is a backup OLB for the Steelers and has bounced back and forth with the Steelers since 2005.....He played last week vs the Chargers....His career isn't over and he was undrafted just like Harrison and if the Steelers are injecting their players or have been the last fews then I would assume Frazier could be a bad *** just like James Harrison.....:lol:

Keep talking out your *** and you did really show your true colors....Shame on me to think different of you.....Told you...He sucks C*ck by choice.....no one will listen to me though...

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Told you...He sucks C*ck by choice.....no one will listen to me though...

Funny thing is I was attacking the article and that dick knob Mike Fish.....I wasn't attacking Rex at all....I guess he took it that way........

yinzer
01-16-2009, 02:58 PM

--- Added 1/16/2009 at 11:57 AM ---

I will agree that ESPN is garbage 50% of the time, if not more. It's like a sports soap opera. If they don't have something controversial to talk about, people might actually watch local coverage. The reporters making these claims all have something to gain and are just trying to make a name for themselves.

the HGH was never given to players. already been proved. go research it.

--- Added 1/16/2009 at 01:58 PM ---

Wow nice smart *** post......I try to have a friendly conversation and give you a rebuttal on your claim that HGH made Harrison the player he is......That is the kind of response you come up with....As for Andre Frazier, he currently is a backup OLB for the Steelers and has bounced back and forth with the Steelers since 2005.....He played last week vs the Chargers....His career isn't over and he was undrafted just like Harrison and if the Steelers are injecting their players or have been the last few years then I would assume Frazier could be a bad *** just like James Harrison.....:lol:

Keep talking out your *** and you did really show your true colors....Shame on me to think different of you.....

BG, nevermind this rats fan. like i've been saying the entire time he's been here... all they do is smack talk. nothing else.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
the HGH was never given to players. already been proved. go research it.

--- Added 1/16/2009 at 01:58 PM ---

BG, nevermind this rats fan. like i've been saying the entire time he's been here... all they do is smack talk. nothing else.

Dude I'm all good......I'm not mad......I guess he was confused and thought I was attacking him....My problem was with the article, Mike Fish, and ESPN for their lame attempt to re-hype this article......The half of brain comment was directed toward Fish more then Rex.......But **** it I'm not here to make friends and I'm not even going to waste my time with useless debating.....

K Train
01-16-2009, 07:40 PM
HGH is delicious

and btw...accusing harrison of taking it is comical. he benched 545 at his pro day before he went undrafted....you dont need to juice when you can do that

blackngold29
01-16-2009, 11:59 PM

Who "switched" to a 3-4? Pittsburgh's had a 3-4 since before the Ravens existed, they've won 5 Super Bowls with it, LeBeau is pretty generally acknowledged to be the guy who does it the best.

Regardless, the article has nothing to do with the defense, it also never says that the Steelers ever took HGH.

I think that most Steeler fans will acknowledge that performance enhanching items were taken by the 70's teams WHEN THEY WERE LEGAL.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Who "switched" to a 3-4? Pittsburgh's had a 3-4 since before the Ravens existed, they've won 5 Super Bowls with it, LeBeau is pretty generally acknowledged to be the guy who does it the best.

Regardless, the article has nothing to do with the defense, it also never says that the Steelers ever took HGH.

I think that most Steeler fans will acknowledge that performance enhanching items were taken by the 70's teams WHEN THEY WERE LEGAL.

The Steelers ran a 4-3 in the 1970's.......L.C. Greenwood, Mean Joe Greene, Ernie Holmes and Dwight White were the 4 DL for most of those Super Bowls.....I don't think White was there for all four....

The Steelers switched to the 3-4 in the early 1980's....Either 1983 or 1984

blackngold29
01-17-2009, 12:07 AM
The Steelers ran a 4-3 in the 1970's.......L.C. Greenwood, Mean Joe Greene, Ernie Holmes and Dwight White were the 4 DL for most of those Super Bowls.....I don't think White was there for all four....

The Steelers switched to the 3-4 in the early 1980's....Either 1983 or 1984

Really? I thought they did, though I've only seen the old highlights. MY BAD! Though nowadays, sometimes it looks more like they run a 5-2.

Danger DANJ
01-17-2009, 01:06 AM
I read the whole article and am confused about that little box on the right that says, "Pittsburgh's Past." It says Fish will discuss his stories on ESPN on Friday, January 15th. First, the 15th has passed, and then it wasn't even a friday. I'm assuming it's a typo and is supposed to say the 16th. Anyone know if it was on at 3pm?

NYCsteelersfan
01-17-2009, 02:06 AM
ESPN producers and writers meeting:

"So we don't have any playoff games on ESPN or ABC right?"

"Of course not"

"TO not in the playoffs?"

"No"

"Brett Favre not in the playoffs?"

"Nope"

"Has a black guy ever won the AFC championship before?"

"AFC championship and Superbowl"

"Has anyone said anything racist lately?"

"no"

"Can we get someone to say something racist?"

"We've tried"

"Can we overhype a black quarterback?"

"He was overhyped 5 years ago and him fighting with another black player since then has made him appear less black at this point"

"Can we overhype a rookie quarterback?"

"He's 20-45 with 1 TD pass, it's not working too well"

"Any of the players kids or family members mentally or physically handicap?"

"We only use that in emergency situations"

"Well what do you call this?"

"We can always make up something really negative about the small market team that doesn't have any media friendly players and that all of our analysts have always talked badly about and have not picked them to win anything all season?"

"Perfect, use HGH, we can never get proved wrong since no one oversees the garbage the media spews and there is no real test for HGH anyway"

Ravenous Rex
01-17-2009, 02:22 AM
ESPN producers and writers meeting:

"So we don't have any playoff games on ESPN or ABC right?"

"Of course not"

"TO not in the playoffs?"

"No"

"Brett Favre not in the playoffs?"

"Nope"

"Has a black guy ever won the AFC championship before?"

"AFC championship and Superbowl"

"Has anyone said anything racist lately?"

"no"

"Can we get someone to say something racist?"

"We've tried"

"Can we overhype a black quarterback?"

"He was overhyped 5 years ago and him fighting with another black player since then has made him appear less black at this point"

"Can we overhype a rookie quarterback?"

"He's 20-45 with 1 TD pass, it's not working too well"

"Any of the players kids or family members mentally or physically handicap?"

"We only use that in emergency situations"

"Well what do you call this?"

"We can always make up something really negative about the small market team that doesn't have any media friendly players and that all of our analysts have always talked badly about and have not picked them to win anything all season?"

"Perfect, use HGH, we can never get proved wrong since no one oversees the garbage the media spews and there is no real test for HGH anyway"

That's pretty funny.. but you aren't being serious when you say noone has ever had anything nice to say about Pittsburgh on ESPN are you? Maybe it's a small market complex that every city suffers from- but from where I sit, most of the analysts there have gushed over the Steelers for most of the season- and are most certainly picking them this weekend.

NYCsteelersfan
01-17-2009, 02:55 AM
That's pretty funny.. but you aren't being serious when you say noone has ever had anything nice to say about Pittsburgh on ESPN are you? Maybe it's a small market complex that every city suffers from- but from where I sit, most of the analysts there have gushed over the Steelers for most of the season- and are most certainly picking them this weekend.

All season? Really? What ESPN were you watching? Their analysts jumped on the bandwagon after the Dallas game cause they realized they would look like fools if they didn't start boarding soon. None of their analyst picked Pittsburgh to do a damn thing with the schedule the Steelers had (which isn't unreasonable considering the brutality of the schedule).

And still, many are questioning the Steelers and are picking the Ravens. And the one who are picking the Steelers are half-assed picking them:

"The Steelers SHOULD win, but that Ravens team is very very dangerous"

Don't worry, once "media boy" Big Gay Ray retires, you'll enjoy "small market complex" as well cause the media won't even spit on you once he's gone unless Flacco turns into Tom Brady.

DIESELMAN
01-17-2009, 06:47 AM
ESPN are the bandwagon jumpers, they just ride with the flavor of the week. Its a ****ing joke to see how they can ride a teams jock, talk negative about everyone else but the minute "their" fave team folds, they jump on the next team thats doing something and act like they've had their backs all year.

CNY_STEELER_FAN
01-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Chris Berman (on ESPN) just picked Rats to win 16 - 15 ... with little reason to back it up, seemed he was buying into the it's hard to beat teams 3 times in a season.

I don't think it's hard to beat same team 3 times in a season, IF one team is clearly better.

SteelFanInIL
01-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Chris Berman (on ESPN) just picked Rats to win 16 - 15 ... with little reason to back it up, seemed he was buying into the it's hard to beat teams 3 times in a season.

I don't think it's hard to beat same team 3 times in a season, IF one team is clearly better.

The team winning the first two actually has the advantage...I think someone on here has the stats on it... I think it an 11/ 7 margin third wins vs. losses.

NYCsteelersfan
01-17-2009, 02:01 PM

Forget the fact that he picked the Ravens, just predicting 5 field goals from one team is unresonable enough.
16-15, idiot.

Ravenous Rex
01-17-2009, 02:59 PM
All season? Really? What ESPN were you watching? Their analysts jumped on the bandwagon after the Dallas game cause they realized they would look like fools if they didn't start boarding soon. None of their analyst picked Pittsburgh to do a damn thing with the schedule the Steelers had (which isn't unreasonable considering the brutality of the schedule).

And still, many are questioning the Steelers and are picking the Ravens. And the one who are picking the Steelers are half-assed picking them:

"The Steelers SHOULD win, but that Ravens team is very very dangerous"

Don't worry, once "media boy" Big Gay Ray retires, you'll enjoy "small market complex" as well cause the media won't even spit on you once he's gone unless Flacco turns into Tom Brady.

So Chris "5o-50" Berman is who you are basing your opinion on. He is right maybe half of the time and usually bases his picks off of what other experts are NOT picking.

Read this- and I'd love to see how you can then justify your complain about "experts" picking against the Steelers. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenspicks0116,0,6511304.story

And for those who say there is such a negative bias towards your team- how do you figure this. Do you really think a team with such a big fanbase (and thereby increasing marketing potential) is going to be a target of negative publicity for no good reason??

http://splog.nationallampoon.com/articles/nfl/welcome-to-the-dark-side

With all due respect, what games have your been watching this season?? If you think your team is CLEARLY that much better, than I seriously question your football IQ. YOu've been extremely gutsy and resourceful, yes... but the way both games have ended- for you to say that is pretty ignorant.

NYCsteelersfan
01-17-2009, 03:16 PM
So Chris "5o-50" Berman is who you are basing your opinion on. He is right maybe half of the time and usually bases his picks off of what other experts are NOT picking.

Read this- and I'd love to see how you can then justify your complain about "experts" picking against the Steelers. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenspicks0116,0,6511304.story

And for those who say there is such a negative bias towards your team- how do you figure this. Do you really think a team with such a big fanbase (and thereby increasing marketing potential) is going to be a target of negative publicity for no good reason??

http://splog.nationallampoon.com/articles/nfl/welcome-to-the-dark-side

I never mentioned Berman in my response to you. Read before you write. And that article was written January 17th. I already said to you, they all jumped on the bandwagon after the the Steelers/Cowboys game cause they all realized the Steelers were not only definitely making the playoffs at that point, but would probably be a higher seed, so they all changed their tune so they wouldn't look like idiots. Before that game, before the start of the season and all season long, MOST ESPN analysts did not pick the Steelers to do anything.

--- Added 1/17/2009 at 02:16 PM ---

With all due respect, what games have your been watching this season?? If you think your team is CLEARLY that much better, than I seriously question your football IQ. YOu've been extremely gutsy and resourceful, yes... but the way both games have ended- for you to say that is pretty ignorant.

Your quarterback is a rookie who is 20-45 with 1 TD in 2 playoff games. This will be his FIRST AFC championship game, attended, let alone played in, IN Pittsburgh.

2 ways the Ravens win:

1) Our offense beats us like it tried to the first 2 times we played you.

2) A sporting miracle occurs.

BlitzburghNation
01-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Dam,,,,,didn't know we got RATS Better get Top Gun to call an exterminator :club:

RATS are good for 2 things,,,,,,,,Flapping there jaws and getting there :moon: :spank: by the pittsburgh steelers !

Ravenous Rex
01-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I never mentioned Berman in my response to you. Read before you write. And that article was written January 17th. I already said to you, they all jumped on the bandwagon after the the Steelers/Cowboys game cause they all realized the Steelers were not only definitely making the playoffs at that point, but would probably be a higher seed, so they all changed their tune so they wouldn't look like idiots. Before that game, before the start of the season and all season long, MOST ESPN analysts did not pick the Steelers to do anything.

--- Added 1/17/2009 at 02:16 PM ---

Your quarterback is a rookie who is 20-45 with 1 TD in 2 playoff games. This will be his FIRST AFC championship game, attended, let alone played in, IN Pittsburgh.

2 ways the Ravens win:

1) Our offense beats us like it tried to the first 2 times we played you.

2) A sporting miracle occurs.

Someone else mentioned Berman- and you basically said all espn analysts are against you- so I pointed out the only one who Ive heard not pick you this week.

As far as our quarterback numbers- they don't tell the story. I'd think a Steelers fan of all people would realize that.

To your point # 1) Of course I wouldn't expect you to give the Ravens defense credit for anything... it has to all be the Steelers making mistakes. I guess you have quickly forgotten that in the last game between us Flacco barely overthrew a wide open Mason in the endzone TWICE. Both teams missed some opportunities, not just the Steelers.

Up until now, I've called your 91 and 3/4 yard drive in the final minutes of that game amazing.. but for sake of argument, I'll call that a miracle... since that's what you seem to think it will take for us to win.. another joke.

I love the fact that you are already making excuses and taking cheap shots JUST IN CASE "a miracle" happens. After hearing from a good many educated fans on here to this point- it's disappointing to hear this kind of one sided homerism again.

NYCsteelersfan
01-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Someone else mentioned Berman- and you basically said all espn analysts are against you- so I pointed out the only one who Ive heard not pick you this week.

Them picking the Steelers now that their are 4 teams left doesn't cancel out the season long hate they have had. If you want to play blind boy and act as if ESPN analysts (minues Merrill Hoge) ever give the Steelers respect, go ahead. Like I said, wait until Media boy Big Gay Ray retires, see how much ESPN talks about your team after that.

As far as our quarterback numbers- they don't tell the story. I'd think a Steelers fan of all people would realize that.

You're right, they don't tell the story, it's a miracle that Flacco doesn't have multiple interceptions in his 2 playoff games. Two throws in the Tennessee game alone were easy interceptions, lucky for him the Titans didn't show up to play that day. I promise the Steelers will show up to play and if Flacco makes the same throws he made against Tennessee, the game will be over quick.

To your point # 1) Of course I wouldn't expect you to give the Ravens defense credit for anything... it has to all be the Steelers making mistakes. I guess you have quickly forgotten that in the last game between us Flacco barely overthrew a wide open Mason in the endzone TWICE. Both teams missed some opportunities, not just the Steelers.

Up until now, I've called your 91 and 3/4 yard drive in the final minutes of that game amazing.. but for sake of argument, I'll call that a miracle... since that's what you seem to think it will take for us to win.. another joke.

I love the fact that you are already making excuses and taking cheap shots JUST IN CASE "a miracle" happens. After hearing from a good many educated fans on here to this point- it's disappointing to hear this kind of one sided homerism again.

Listen, I'm not here to impress you with respectful credit for your team. Sporting miracles occur all the time, the fact that the media spins it into an actual win is the media;

a) showing respect for the team that pulled out the upset so they can get interviews and coverage of that team. If they were to say, "The team that won didn't deserve to win" or "The team that lost beat itself" or "The team that won got lucky", the winning team would shut out those media members and the network they work for, so they are careful of what they say and will always sugarcoat bulls#$% wins and just concentrate all coverage on the team that won, not on how bad the losing team played.

b) Fans would start to lose respect for sports if they were to be made aware of how big of a role luck plays over the course of a single game.

Case in point, Arizona did not beat Carolina, Jake "King of Inconsistency" Delhomme single handedly lost the game. NO! Arizona's defense is not actually better than everyone thought. NO! Arizona's defense is not better than the numbers say. AND NO! Arizona's defense has not stepped it up. Delhomme lost the game, simple as that.

So back to our game. If the Steelers lose, it will be because the Steelers offense f#$%ed up and not because Baltimore's offense beat the Steelers defense.

It will take mistakes from the Steelers offense or lucky bounces and rolls for the Ravens to win because they simply are not a better team and their quarterback is a f#$%ing rookie, simple as that.

CNY_STEELER_FAN
01-18-2009, 01:58 AM
I mentioned Berman, not the OP. He had no sound reasoning to back his pick, and as someone else mentioned, Berman was about .500 for picks during the regular season, not a great track record.

So, it's just a supplemental argument to the OP's argument in regards to ESPN.

Oh, and last I checked, football games were 60 minutes (longer, if you count overtime or shorter if the refs don't call delay of game). Play hard for the full 60, and you should always be able to say the better team won.

Ravenous Rex
01-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Them picking the Steelers now that their are 4 teams left doesn't cancel out the season long hate they have had. If you want to play blind boy and act as if ESPN analysts (minues Merrill Hoge) ever give the Steelers respect, go ahead. Like I said, wait until Media boy Big Gay Ray retires, see how much ESPN talks about your team after that.

You're right, they don't tell the story, it's a miracle that Flacco doesn't have multiple interceptions in his 2 playoff games. Two throws in the Tennessee game alone were easy interceptions, lucky for him the Titans didn't show up to play that day. I promise the Steelers will show up to play and if Flacco makes the same throws he made against Tennessee, the game will be over quick.

Listen, I'm not here to impress you with respectful credit for your team. Sporting miracles occur all the time, the fact that the media spins it into an actual win is the media;

a) showing respect for the team that pulled out the upset so they can get interviews and coverage of that team. If they were to say, "The team that won didn't deserve to win" or "The team that lost beat itself" or "The team that won got lucky", the winning team would shut out those media members and the network they work for, so they are careful of what they say and will always sugarcoat bulls#$% wins and just concentrate all coverage on the team that won, not on how bad the losing team played.

b) Fans would start to lose respect for sports if they were to be made aware of how big of a role luck plays over the course of a single game.

Case in point, Arizona did not beat Carolina, Jake "King of Inconsistency" Delhomme single handedly lost the game. NO! Arizona's defense is not actually better than everyone thought. NO! Arizona's defense is not better than the numbers say. AND NO! Arizona's defense has not stepped it up. Delhomme lost the game, simple as that.

So back to our game. If the Steelers lose, it will be because the Steelers offense f#$%ed up and not because Baltimore's offense beat the Steelers defense.

It will take mistakes from the Steelers offense or lucky bounces and rolls for the Ravens to win because they simply are not a better team and their quarterback is a f#$%ing rookie, simple as that.

LOL- read what you just said and then go back and look at some of the wins you have gotten this year. YOu claim a lack of respect but when you won games this year that you probably shouldn't have it was always "Our defense won the game", or, "Our quarterback was clutch." You can't have it both ways bro. Everything you said is extremely hypocritical.

You talk about lucky bounces- but I've seen the Steelers get countless "lucky" bounces this year that swung games, if that's what you want to cvall them when they happen for anyone else. Hell- in BOTH games against San Diego you need a botched punt to bounce off a Charger to pull the wins out- moreso in the 1st matchup than the 2nd.. but still. I could go on and on and pick apart games- but you obviously have no sense of reason- so I won't waste my time.

I guess it's good to be in your shoes though. Either you win and you get to say "I told you so", or you lose and you already have your excuses. NO disrespect to all the fans on here who have been cool and respectful- but you are a joke.

and PS- Not sure what TWO throws you are talking about ni the Tennessee game.. he had only one that was even remotely close to being intercepted in that game- against Miami he had one that shouldve- that's it.... but go ahead and try to discredit our win against Tennessee-I'm sure you tried to discredit the Titans when they beat you guys as well. LOL- the more I think about your comments the more I laugh

SteelFanInIL
01-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey Rex...:bigfinger:...you're #1 lol:lol:

NYCsteelersfan
01-19-2009, 02:03 AM
LOL- read what you just said and then go back and look at some of the wins you have gotten this year. YOu claim a lack of respect but when you won games this year that you probably shouldn't have it was always "Our defense won the game", or, "Our quarterback was clutch." You can't have it both ways bro. Everything you said is extremely hypocritical.

You talk about lucky bounces- but I've seen the Steelers get countless "lucky" bounces this year that swung games, if that's what you want to cvall them when they happen for anyone else. Hell- in BOTH games against San Diego you need a botched punt to bounce off a Charger to pull the wins out- moreso in the 1st matchup than the 2nd.. but still. I could go on and on and pick apart games- but you obviously have no sense of reason- so I won't waste my time.

I guess it's good to be in your shoes though. Either you win and you get to say "I told you so", or you lose and you already have your excuses. NO disrespect to all the fans on here who have been cool and respectful- but you are a joke.

and PS- Not sure what TWO throws you are talking about ni the Tennessee game.. he had only one that was even remotely close to being intercepted in that game- against Miami he had one that shouldve- that's it.... but go ahead and try to discredit our win against Tennessee-I'm sure you tried to discredit the Titans when they beat you guys as well. LOL- the more I think about your comments the more I laugh

You still laughing? Cause I am