PDA

View Full Version : The ravens still suck

brycey3675
01-16-2009, 11:41 AM
The first time these to teams met the steelers won 23 to 20.:tt02:the second time the steelers and the ravens met the steelers won.:cope: The steelers are going all the way.:bigtowel: the ravens cant stop the steelers.:ratbirdssuck: the ratbirds still suck they always will.:rats:
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:steelersflag5:

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
To tell you the truth I am some what proud of the Ravens this year. To do what they have done with a Rookie QB is something else. Its also something us Steeler fans can relate to. We came really close in 2004, and it was heart breaking to lose to a team we had beat already in the season. It was even harder to watch a SB with two teams that we crushed in back to back weeks. So with that, for me I cant even think about losing to the Ravens after beating them twice this year. And for the Ravens I cant see them beating us with a Rookie QB no matter how good their Defense is. I think Falco's time will come, but I dont see it this year. Go Steelers......

TampaSteelGirl
01-16-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't really like this thread....To be honest the Ravens DON"T suck! They've played hard and well all year. Been more consistent than the Steelers in some games. How can you have this thread and say they suck when they are fighting for the same Super Bowl privledge as the Steelers? Obviously the Ravens are here for a reason and I have to say it's NOT because they suck! :duh: I do know we can beat them a 3rd time and go onto Super Bowl but this game will be brutal....no walk in the park by all means!

PsychoWard
01-16-2009, 12:14 PM
To tell you the truth I am some what proud of the Ravens this year. To do what they have done with a Rookie QB is something else. Its also something us Steeler fans can relate to. We came really close in 2004, and it was heart breaking to lose to a team we had beat already in the season. It was even harder to watch a SB with two teams that we crushed in back to back weeks. So with that, for me I cant even think about losing to the Ravens after beating them twice this year. And for the Ravens I cant see them beating us with a Rookie QB no matter how good their Defense is. I think Falco's time will come, but I dont see it this year. Go Steelers......

I agree Flaco has played very well this year and it looks like ravens have found a future in him! however he is still a rookie and we are going to show him blitz's this week like he has never seen before!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Ravenous Rex
01-16-2009, 01:02 PM

I don't really like this thread....To be honest the Ravens DON"T suck! They've played hard and well all year. Been more consistent than the Steelers in some games. How can you have this thread and say they suck when they are fighting for the same Super Bowl privledge as the Steelers? Obviously the Ravens are here for a reason and I have to say it's NOT because they suck! :duh: I do know we can beat them a 3rd time and go onto Super Bowl but this game will be brutal....no walk in the park by all means!

I agree Flaco has played very well this year and it looks like ravens have found a future in him! however he is still a rookie and we are going to show him blitz's this week like he has never seen before!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

I'm amazed. I think it will be a brutal game- and just like you- I give mad props to the Steelers for facing the schedule they did, with the injuries they faced, and coming thru as well as they did. Win or lose, I'll be back here after the game to give respect.

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm amazed. I think it will be a brutal game- and just like you- I give mad props to the Steelers for facing the schedule they did, with the injuries they faced, and coming thru as well as they did. Win or lose, I'll be back here after the game to give respect.
I'll be waiting for you too. but it wont be to do anything other then to give you a big Steeler hug and tell you better luck next year buddy.....

PsychoWard
01-16-2009, 01:10 PM

Thanks man you are a classy fan and are welcome here anytime!

LarryNJ
01-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Well the Bengals Suck! :)

Ray Ray
01-16-2009, 03:12 PM

Completely agree.

I actually take a lot of pride in 2 AFC North teams battling for the AFC Championship, a lot of people said our division was the worst in the AFC coming into this year.

For all of our differences it's amazing how much we have in common. Two of the best run organizations in football, tough, smash mouth style of play, great defenses, blue collar city's with awesome fan bases...you get the idea.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Completely agree.

I actually take a lot of pride in 2 AFC North teams battling for the AFC Championship, a lot of people said our division was the worst in the AFC coming into this year.

For all of our differences it's amazing how much we have in common. Two of the best run organizations in football, tough, smash mouth style of play, great defenses, blue collar city's with awesome fan bases...you get the idea.

I think the Ravens/Steelers playing for the AFC title to end the AFC season is great....Its really the perfect story on this season has transpired........I think both the Ravens and Steelers are the two best teams in the AFC.....Of course playing in the AFC title game proves that but even if one them wouldn't have made it to this game I would have felt that these two teams were the best........

Of course I can't wait for the Pats fans to start whining but if we had Tom Brady......:lol:

TampaSteelGirl
01-16-2009, 03:22 PM

Thanks and the same to you! Great fan even though you lost your way! LOL!! JK! I don't like the Ravens but have alot of respect for them, they've fought hard to get where they are today. You're definately welcome here anytime. I know we give fans of other teams a lot of crap that come on here but seriously you guys deserve to be in the playoffs and we all are so passionate about our team but..... we'll be taking that Super Bowl trophy! :grin1:

Monrozombi
01-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Well the Bengals & Browns Suck! :)

fixed

Ray Ray
01-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Of course I can't wait for the Pats fans to start whining but if we had Tom Brady......:lol:

I think we can all agree that Pats fans are the absolute worst. Those arrogant bastards just expect victory and when it doesn't happen they're full of excuses and reasons why they're still better.

Steel Trap86
01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
I think we can all agree that Pats fans are the absolute worst. Those arrogant bastards just expect victory and when it doesn't happen they're full of excuses and reasons why they're still better.

I'll second that, there isnt another team I hate more then New England, I couldnt have been happier with the Giants winning that Superbowl lol

LarryNJ
01-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Hell with all the love, the Ravens SUCK! :lol:

Although I don't hate them as bad as when Brian Boy was their coach, he is a total A-hole, as is Ray Lewis. Now Ed Reed on the other hand has class, as does Mason they should playing for a another team! Harbaugh is a good dude and I'm sure he'll have a sucessful career.

But the fact remains that the Steelers have better players, better coaches, better front office and much better fans.

The Ravens Do Suck!

If the Ravens didn't suck why are there all these smiles?
:ratbirds::ratbirdsanimated::ratbirdsanimated::rat s:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2009, 05:04 PM
These 2 teams playing for the right to go to the big dance just proves exactly what the NFL is still all about even in this day and age with offenses evolving so much. If you want to win in the NFL you have to play great defense and run the ball. When you don't do that you don't win near as often.

The NFL would rather see 2 teams scoring 30 points against each other and marching up and down the the field all day but this is what football is all about, DEFENSE!

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
These 2 teams playing for the right to go to the big dance just proves exactly what the NFL is still all about even in this day and age with offenses evolving so much. If you want to win in the NFL you have to play great defense and run the ball. When you don't do that you don't win near as often.

The NFL would rather see 2 teams scoring 30 points against each other and marching up and down the the field all day but this is what football is all about, DEFENSE! I thinks its because Tom Brady sat out this year...lol

SteelFanInIL
01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Completely agree.

Yeah and we wear black and gold and you wear black and sissy, gay purple:gfight:. Atleast when you guys were the browns you had the dog pound thing goin for ya.:lol:
It's The friday before the game I'm through with the nicey,nice sh!t...It's time to put the game face on, and thank GOD I don't have to use purple face paint.:tt02:

tuggysteel822
01-16-2009, 05:36 PM
It's gonna be a close one.

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah and we wear black and gold and you wear black and sissy, gay purple:gfight:. Atleast when you guys were the browns you had the dog pound thing goin for ya.:lol:
It's The friday before the game I'm through with the nicey,nice sh!t...It's time to put the game face on, and thank GOD I don't have to use purple face paint.:tt02: I like your game day face paint...Its mean, its nasty, and its ready to push that black and gold to Tampa....Our colors dont run baby......Purple???? what is that?

Ray Ray
01-16-2009, 06:31 PM
It's The friday before the game I'm through with the nicey,nice sh!t...It's time to put the game face on, and thank GOD I don't have to use purple face paint.:tt02:

I like your game day face paint...Its mean, its nasty, and its ready to push that black and gold to Tampa....Our colors dont run baby......Purple???? what is that?

Purple is the color of royalty.

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Purple is the color of royalty. Its also the color most Chip and Dale dancers wear.....lol

SteelFanInIL
01-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Purple is the color of royalty.

Gold is the color of champions!

Stairwayto7
01-16-2009, 07:40 PM
It should be a great game, as long as we win!

Lets kick @SS

LarryNJ
01-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Not only do the Ravens suck but their mayor fits right in with Ray Ray and his buddies:

Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon was indicted on Jan. 9 on charges of perjury, theft, fraud, misappropriation by a fiduciary, and misconduct in office.....Dixon is accused of taking Target, Best Buy and other retailers' gift cards, which were supposed to be donated to needy families, and receiving unreported gifts from developers

That's nice stealing from needy familys, she has about as much class as the rest of that **** hole city and team.

Iron City South
01-17-2009, 09:34 AM
I realize there's a lot of bullshit flying between fans about the outcome of this game, but the bottom line here is that you have 2 teams that are very .... very similar in how they approach the game.

My guess is that the fewest turnovers wins this contest. :yesnod:

CNY_STEELER_FAN
01-17-2009, 10:13 AM

Why do the similarities surprise people? When the Ravens arrived in Baltimore they made a serious commitment to duplicate everything they felt would simulate the best team in their division (Steelers).

That's (at least part of) why they scooped up Rod Woodson.

Instead of Black and Gold, they go Black and Purple: "In 1996 the [Ravens] wore black pants with a single large white stripe for all games. At home games the combination of black pants with purple jersey made the Ravens the first NFL team to wear dark colors head to calf." (Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Ravens))

Then they dropped the Purple: "In November 2004 the team introduced an alternate uniform design featuring black jerseys and solid black pants with black socks." (Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Ravens))

That said, they certainly a legitimate team playoff team and no one is expecting this game to be a walk in the park, unless maybe it's central park at midnight. :tt02:

Ray Ray
01-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Why do the similarities surprise people? When the Ravens arrived in Baltimore they made a serious commitment to duplicate everything they felt would simulate the best team in their division (Steelers).

Instead of Black and Gold, they go Black and Purple: "In 1996 the [Ravens] wore black pants with a single large white stripe for all games. At home games the combination of black pants with purple jersey made the Ravens the first NFL team to wear dark colors head to calf." (Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Ravens))

Then they dropped the Purple: "In November 2004 the team introduced an alternate uniform design featuring black jerseys and solid black pants with black socks." (Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Ravens))

That said, they certainly a legitimate team playoff team and no one is expecting this game to be a walk in the park, unless maybe it's central park at midnight. :tt02:

Has anyone used the word surprised? I just think it's interesting considering the hate how much we have in common.

That's an interesting theory but I don't buy it. When the Ravens first entered the league we were an all offense no defense soft team.

We scooped up Rod Woodson because he was a pro bowl caliber safety and he was a free agent. We picked our colors in order to emulate the Steelers? There's not a shred of proof that copying was the motivation. We introduced the all black unis at a Halloween night game, like most alternates they're rarely used and produced for jersey sales. I couldn't tell if this was a facetious argument or not, if it was my apologies for taking it seriously.

We've evolved into a very similar team but not because of a conscious effort to mimic yall.

Prosdo
01-17-2009, 08:47 PM

Atleast there are some things we can agree on. lol

steelerzion
01-18-2009, 12:50 AM
they will always suck!!!!! :firing: falco

Ravenous Rex
01-18-2009, 01:15 AM

Has anyone used the word surprised? I just think it's interesting considering the hate how much we have in common.

That's an interesting theory but I don't buy it. When the Ravens first entered the league we were an all offense no defense soft team.

We scooped up Rod Woodson because he was a pro bowl caliber safety and he was a free agent. We picked our colors in order to emulate the Steelers? There's not a shred of proof that copying was the motivation. We introduced the all black unis at a Halloween night game, like most alternates they're rarely used and produced for jersey sales. I couldn't tell if this was a facetious argument or not, if it was my apologies for taking it seriously.

We've evolved into a very similar team but not because of a conscious effort to mimic yall.

The Steelers were on top of the division in 1996 and 97, the first two years of our existence (as the Ravens anyway)... but we were as stated- all offense then. Our first draft pick EVER was Jonathan Ogden, followed by Ray Lewis in the latter part of the same 1st round.

At that time though, the division was rather weak in IMO. Jacksonville was still new. Cincinnati was still awful. We ourselves were not much above an expansion team. By the time the team really started to feel like ours- the two teams to beat in our division were the Titans and jaguars.

Truthfully- I never felt like there was a big rivalry between our teams UNTIL we split into the AFC North. So it all is really short lived- and our rivalry is quickly making up ground as being one of the best in the game. That said, at the time of our arrival- Pittsburgh division success had no bearing on what our front office did. The teams to emulate at that point were the Broncos, 49ers, and Packers. The talent we had at the time dictated us to be an offensive team- but when a 20 something draft pick in the 1st round turns out to be one of the best linebackers in the history of the game (hopefully u can admit that)- defense will become a staple of any team.

I will add that- I did HATE Kordell Stewart back in those days. I used to work for the local television station in Maryland and remember covering the Ravens first game at their new stadium. We played Pittsburgh and Kordell had a great day- ruining the opener. My own "hatred" for the Steelers started then- but didn't really culminate until as I said, the division split. I'm getting long winded now so...

On a final note- I must say- the large majority of you on here are class acts- and this has been a fun week of hype if nothing else, but the fact that this thread, entitled "the ravens suck" is the only one labeled with any stars, much less 5- is kind of sad. I have a higher opinion of most of you on here- so for everyone to be somehow praising this thread as a great one is a bit unfortunate.

I hope that changes regardless of the outcome tomorrow. These teams are evenly matched- you guys appear healthier and have home field- but it still only takes one play to turn a game- either way. I can't wait.. and I need another jack and coke now.... going on my 3rd... otherwise I doubt ill sleep much tonight! ;)

CNY_STEELER_FAN
01-18-2009, 01:26 AM

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this topic, as the proof of the long-term planning by Ozzie and the Ravens Owner would need to come from them. But just to demonstrate that this type of thing still happens, look at how the Browns are trying very hard to become the Pats.

As for the Hate itself...from my perspective, it's really been since Ray Lewis and company joined the Ravens and how the players act.

Read this article:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09016/942199-87.stm

I don't know of our players publicly claiming they want to literally Kill any Ravens player or stating he'll be glad the day a Steelers player has his knees taken out.

Or this one (bounties):
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3659317

Or this one (Ray Ray was just happy he'd ended a Rookie's season):
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08345/934033-66.stm

I'm not saying we're choir boys or saints, but most people would describe that as criminal-like behavior (threats to Kill, the bounties, etc). So, the dislike is for people that cheer on that type of behavior.

--- Added 1/18/2009 at 12:26 AM ---

I will certainly state that the Ravens are, right now, the only Rivals Pittsburgh has right now in the AFCN. The Bengals and the Browns have had maybe 1 year each in the past 10, whereas the Ravens games, we know we can almost always toss our records out the window and expect each team will always try to dominate the other (whereas the other teams seem content to start making vacation plans for January in November).

Ray Ray
01-18-2009, 07:46 AM
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this topic, as the proof of the long-term planning by Ozzie and the Ravens Owner would need to come from them. But just to demonstrate that this type of thing still happens, look at how the Browns are trying very hard to become the Pats.

As for the Hate itself...from my perspective, it's really been since Ray Lewis and company joined the Ravens and how the players act.

Read this article:

I don't know of our players publicly claiming they want to literally Kill any Ravens player or stating he'll be glad the day a Steelers player has his knees taken out.

Or this one (bounties):

I'm not saying we're choir boys or saints, but most people would describe that as criminal-like behavior (threats to Kill, the bounties, etc). So, the dislike is for people that cheer on that type of behavior.

I will certainly state that the Ravens are, right now, the only Rivals Pittsburgh has right now in the AFCN. The Bengals and the Browns have had maybe 1 year each in the past 10, whereas the Ravens games, we know we can almost always toss our records out the window and expect each team will always try to dominate the other (whereas the other teams seem content to start making vacation plans for January in November).

Don't have time to go through this now and respond I'm off to Pittsburgh! Good luck, may the better team win, and GO RAVENS!

lloydfan4life
01-18-2009, 09:50 AM
I hate the fact that the NFL thinks Central PA is Ratbird territory. :cursin: Screw them! Freakin' Baltimore is in MARYLAND people, not in PA!!!! The newspapers cover them, the news media covers them, it's sick I'm tellin' ya, absolutley sick!! Yeah, Baltimore may be closer to us than Pittsburgh, but all you have to do is take a walk through any business or any mall in our area and you'll see by the colors people are flyin'.... this is STEELER COUNTRY BABY!!! :cope:

:rats::ratbirds::ratbirdsanimated::ratbirdssuck:

CNY_STEELER_FAN
01-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Heh, I'm not sure how much credit I would give Marvin Lewis for anything, but I read this today:

"Lewis coached the linebackers on Bill Cowher's first Steelers staff, which included Dick LeBeau and Dom Capers, when they installed the defense still in use: the 3-4 zone blitz that LeBeau devised. Lewis left the Steelers in 1996 to become defensive coordinator of the Ravens, where he had built one of the greatest defenses in history, a defense still led by Ray Lewis, by the time the team won the Super Bowl after the 2000 season.?"

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09018/942661-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Anywho...anyone else bouncing off the walls waiting for game time?

Ravenous Rex
01-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Read this article:

Or this one (bounties):

LOL. Ray Lewis has been a Raven since the team was in Baltimore. He was drafted in the 1st round of our very first draft.

SteelFanInIL
01-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Anywho...anyone else bouncing off the walls waiting for game time?[/QUOTE]
:greenbounce2::greenbounce2: YES:greenbounce2::greenbounce2: