PDA

View Full Version : Notice the connection

Captcoolhand
10-27-2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/holmes_santonio

WEAKNESSES
Holmes is a little thinner than ideal for his height and it limits his strength to break tackles. He does not protect the ball well -- he carries it very loosely and will be a fumbler in the NFL if he does not improve how he carries ball. He makes bad decisions fielding punts and does not consistently field kickoffs well because he tries to body catch the kickoff while on the run. He tends to lose focus occasionally, and it leads to him running nonchalant routes, body catch some easy passes and drop some passes he should catch easily.

I guess the scouts knew what they were talking about. I worry when he's taking kickoff's or Returns:eek: Does anyone else feel this way:scratch:

House of Steel
10-27-2006, 11:23 AM
That is nothing new. Holmes was a hell of a receiver at Ohio State. I wonder how many fumbles he had as a Buckeye. You think someone could pull the stats up?

AZ_Steeler
10-27-2006, 11:39 AM
During his last 2 years when he was always getting the ball he never put the ball on the ground :dunno:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=133634

Captcoolhand
10-27-2006, 11:56 AM
I just thought it was funny how they wrote that and how many times Holmes fumble this year with returns:scratch:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Holmes just isn't cut out to be a punt returner. It takes a different type of person with unique vision to be able to field a punt and return it effectively. I like Holmes on kickoffs, he does well...but on punts he's not real good yet at being able to avoid the pressure and hold onto the ball.

Blitzburgh55
10-27-2006, 07:28 PM
The people on Ohio State should stop watching the browns and protect the ball

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2006, 08:01 PM
The buckeyes are the only successful program in ohio so what do you expect :lol:

Steelersfan
10-27-2006, 10:14 PM
He hasn't lost any yet as a WR so it's not all that bad with with. I do get nervous with him back there though. We need to get Reid back for this.

floodcitygirl
10-27-2006, 11:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/holmes_santonio

Does anyone else feel this way:scratch:That depends on if you're talking about before or after I catch my breath! :eek: (lol)

SteelersWoman
10-28-2006, 05:30 AM
I worry when he's taking kickoff's or Returns:eek: Does anyone else feel this way:scratch:

My son gets very upset at me (because he likes Holmes) but YES, I hold my breath until the play is over! lol

House of Steel
10-28-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't blame your son. I used to be a huge fan of his at Ohio State, but now he is playing for us. I get a nervous streak going whenever he touches that ball anymore.

SteelersWoman
10-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I don't blame your son. I used to be a huge fan of his at Ohio State, but now he is playing for us....

Oh--don't get me wrong, I'm a fan too, and I think he's a great competitor. As a rule, can do some amazing things to be as new to this as he is.

In fact, I think he does a great job the majority of the time--it's just those few drops in key situations that makes me still hold my breath when I know he's gettin' the ball! lol

I'm sure with time, he'll become more dependable :yesnod:

Steelerlyn
10-28-2006, 05:02 PM
My son gets very upset at me (because he likes Holmes) but YES, I hold my breath until the play is over! lol

LOL it is getting so I hold my breath until all plays are over and it doesn't matter who is touching the ball.

:hilarious: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-28-2006, 06:33 PM
LOL it is getting so I hold my breath until all plays are over and it doesn't matter who is touching the ball.

:hilarious: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

:iagree: :iagree: It's pretty bad when we all think that :lol:

BR7
10-28-2006, 06:42 PM
ARE was like that too when he was a rookie. He carried the ball loose, made bad decisions on how he fielded punts in traffic, etc. Don't get me wrong.. Holmes in NOT El, but lets hope he turns out to be half as good in the Special Teams as El was.

Reid is the best bet on returns though.