PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Dillard-WR-Rice

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Dillard is only 5-11 and 168 pounds but he plays much taller then he is......He runs great routes and has very good hands, he also had tremendous leaping ability.......He has put up some great numbers at Rice.......I know Rice isn't a college football power house but I think this kid has some talent and has a future in the NFL......I also think he will be there in the third round......Hines Ward is aging and Nate Washington is a free agent so WR is a need.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vaF3...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vaF3icwflI&feature=related)

MDSteel15
01-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Don't you think we should give Sweed a chance?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Don't you think we should give Sweed a chance?

I don't recall mentioning Sweed at all in my post....I'm all for giving Sweed a chance but that doesn't mean the Steelers should totally ignore the WR position in the draft......They should have 9 picks this year....lol

Ward is aging and Washington is a FA.....Is it written in stone that Washington will be back?

Even if Ward, Holmes, Washington and Sweed are all back then there would still be a need for a WR......That is only four WR's.....Unless you want to go the Dallas Baker route again...lol Or somebody off the practice squad....

Looks to me WR is a need regardless and I'm all for giving Ben as many weapons as he needs.....

K Train
01-15-2009, 05:11 PM
sweed doenst need a chance hes gonna be fine his time will come. ward is old and he better plan on taking a paycut this year if hes gonna be a steeler next season. washington will be back, hes not gonna get #1 or #2 money from anyone that would make him leave...weve invested alot in him and made him what he is and he knows that and he will be back.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2009, 05:20 PM
sweed doenst need a chance hes gonna be fine his time will come. ward is old and he better plan on taking a paycut this year if hes gonna be a steeler next season. washington will be back, hes not gonna get #1 or #2 money from anyone that would make him leave...weve invested alot in him and made him what he is and he knows that and he will be back.

I think Sweed is going to be very good in time to......I think Nate Washington should be resigned and probably will be.....But Nate could sign with another team.....But still even if Nate is resigned and with Sweed there is still a need for a WR.....Personally I would like the Steelers to find a kick returner in the draft and a returner that can play WR seems the most logical choice.....Dillard isn't a kick returner but he is a WR that I wouldn't mind the Steelers drafting esepcially if he there in the third round....

K Train
01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
im not sure hes a 3rd round prospect at this point, i was thinking alot later actually

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2009, 05:27 PM
im not sure hes a 3rd round prospect at this point, i was thinking alot later actually

Dillard is probably a 4th or 5th round pick at this point......But I think his stock will rise some.....

K Train
04-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Strengths:
Great athleticism...Soft, reliable hands and catches everything...Nice body control and ball skills...An outstanding leaper...Runs very good routes...Is more quick than fast...Aggressive and competitive...Great awareness...Hard worker...Team player...Extraordinarily productive.

Weaknesses:
Average height and bulk with small hands...Does not have elite timed speed...Not very strong or physical...Isn't real elusive...Does not get a lot of separation...Isn't a vertical threat...A sub par blocker...Didn't work as a return man...Product of a spread offense...Upside is limited.

Notes:
Sister Tai plays for San Antonio in the WNBA...A four-year starter for the Owls...Owns the NCAA record for touchdown receptions and a host of other national, conference and school records for receiving and scoring...A three-time consensus 1st-team All-Conference USA selection...Was named a 2nd Team All-American in both 2006 and 2008...Highly decorated college player whose numbers were inflated by Rice's wide-open offense and isn't necessarily the pro prospect that his press clippings would lead you to believe...Doesn't have all the physical tools you look for but profiles as a prototypical slot receiver.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Jarett-Dillard.php

i didnt know he had the ncaa record for TDs lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-03-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm still high on Dillard........if the Steelers don't draft a WR on the first day then I hope they look at Dillard in the 4th round......

darnik44
04-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I personally don't see Dillard being drafted any higher than the 6th round. I actually expect him to go undrafted. I'd be all for bringing him in as a UDFA. You know a UDFA makes the team every year.