PDA

View Full Version : An epic battle looms in Pittsburgh...

Bthorn86
01-14-2009, 12:32 AM
An epic showdown looms in Pittsburgh

On Sunday, January 18th, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. eastern time the red hot Baltimore Ravens will go to battle against the Pittsburgh Steelers to decide who will play in Super Bowl XLIII. If you want to see two disciplined teams that will play every down like its their last this is your game. The Ravens are lead by the one and only Ray Lewis. Regarded as one of the 2 or 3 best linebackers to ever play the game, Lewis is the head of the fearsome Raven D. Teammates answer to him, opponents fear him. Another all-time great roams the secondary and that is none other then all-pro free safety Ed Reed. Reed had maybe his best year to date finishing with 41 tackles 1 sack 1 forced fumble and 9 interceptions, returning 2 for touchdowns while finishing 3rd in defensive player of the year votes. Aside from the two all-timers, this defense has some elite players in NT Haloti Ngata, LB Bart Scott, LB Terrell Suggs, and DE Trevor Pryce.

The offense is lead by rookie QB Joe Flacco(first rookie QB in history to win two playoff games) who has reminded many of a younger Ben Roethlisberger, rookie success, cannon arm, great pocket presence, and the respect of his teammates. "I'm like a little kid watching him and the things he does," said LB Ray Lewis. Sunday's game for Baltimore i believe will largely depend on how Flacco handles Pittsburgh's pass rush and more importantly, how all-pro FB La'Ron McClain's health is for the game. If McClain can go and plays effectively it will bring a lot of comfort to Flacco and the offense. If he can't go then RB Willis McGahee and rookie RB Ray Rice will have to carry the burden of running against the Steelers defense. Speaking of the Steelers run defense, last week they held the Chargers to 15 rushing yards, the 6th lowest total in NFL playoff history. So much for Darren Sproles being a factor like so many insisted, me not included....http://www.nfldraftdog.com/NFL%20Team%20Columns/pittsburgh_steelers_nfl_team_col.htm

Excuse the sentences being cut off that will be fixed, but please enjoy and vote on the poll, feedback is greatly appreciate everyone, comments too. Thank you guys

LarryNJ
01-14-2009, 06:34 AM
Nice job!

icetechnician
01-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Hey there.I am a huge Steelers fan.
I am from Canada and will be making the trip up there this weekend to see the game.Man cant wait its going to awesome.

Can anyone reccommend any good bars for Saturday nite and a good tailgate party.

lets Go Steelers

lloydfan4life
01-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Way too much slobberin' over the Ratbirds and that punk *** overated linebacker, Ray Lewis.
Of course their players are going to answer to him. You would too if the phrase 'Listen up or I'll stab your ***' meant anything to you.

yinzer
01-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Way too much slobberin' over the Ratbirds and that punk *** overated linebacker, Ray Lewis.
Of course their players are going to answer to him. You would too if the phrase 'Listen up or I'll stab your ***' meant anything to you.

:plus1: those douche bags make their own hype. i wonder what lil ray's excuse is gonna be monday morning...

--- Added 1/14/2009 at 08:49 AM ---

Hey there.I am a huge Steelers fan.
I am from Canada and will be making the trip up there this weekend to see the game.Man cant wait its going to awesome.

Can anyone reccommend any good bars for Saturday nite and a good tailgate party.

lets Go Steelers

anywhere on the sahside (southside) is gonna be good saturday night. as for sunday, there's a million places to go even if you're not going to the game.

also, i'm a little confused. how is it that you're "making the trip UP THERE this weekend?" i thought pittsburgh was SOUTH of canada. just messin with ya! have fun here and GO STILLERS!! :tt02:

Bthorn86
01-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Lloydfan4life i was just paying respect to the Ravens and the way they play football. If you think Ray Lewis is overrated, well thats your opinion come on now....But after paying respects to the Ravens club to a certain extent, i explain why they are going down this weekend!

lloydfan4life
01-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Lloydfan4life i was just paying respect to the Ravens and the way they play football. If you think Ray Lewis is overrated, well thats your opinion come on now....But after paying respects to the Ravens club to a certain extent, i explain why they are going down this weekend!

Well, your article was well written..... I just have a problem with the content. I hate everything about the Ratbirds (especially Ray Lewis) and IMO they don't deserve respect.

Now, having said that, I do respect your opinion and your freedom to voice it. :yellowthumb:

JensK
01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
You can't take away the fact that Ray Lewis have been amongst the top linebackers in this league for a lot of years. He is fast, he is smart and he hits hard everytime. Furthermore he'll do all the trashtalking before and in the game. He is a big motivator for the Ravens. Now he is getting older, and he does not cover the field just aswell as he did a few years ago, which is why i'll never understand why teams did not run on the outsite more. You saw what happened when Titans did it (at least when Johnson did it). They ran right over them. When they had to run with White they just smashed it up the middle and Ravens shut it down. It should be even easier to run on the outsite now when Suggs having injury problems. With that being said, i do still think Willie Parker will have a hard time running on the Ravens. he is not the same RB that Chris Johnson is. He is not as fast nor as elusive. He does run harder though. He'll have to get all the help from kemo and McHugh he can get in this one. Kemo have been really solid last few games in blocking down field (especially when he runs on the outsite and Kemo runs around the line and blocks on either of the sites). McHugh is not a dominationg blocker, but he can make a guy go away, which will do.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Ray Ray is a god in Baltimore. People worship the ground he walks on and if he leaves for FA after this season they won't know what to do with themselves. Honestly is he still one of the best in the game, yeah he's ONE of the best but to say that he strikes fear in the hearts of opposing offenses and do they game plan for him like they did a few years ago; not anymore he's not that dominant or game changing that you have literally game plan around him like teams used to.

He talks a lot and runs his mouth and whines more than anyone else in the league ( well except for Suggs or Bart Scott). He's still a big hitter and he can make plays but he doesn't scare any teams like he or the media makes it out to be.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
:yellowthumb: Good Post, Like i said before as a fan you couldn't ask for much more than the Steelers vs. Ravens with the Superbowl on the line..Over the years i've watched these teams punish each other but this will be the epic battle that separates the two. If the Steelers beat the Ravens for the 3rd straight time we better not hear one peep out of Baltimore..the road to the Superbowl comes thru Pittsburgh and you better damn well believe were not letting anyone through:cope::cope:.

Bthorn86
01-14-2009, 07:46 PM
to topgun, i didn't say teams have to gameplan around him anymore, but you don't think opposing runningbacks fear him anymore? He broke Rashad Mendenhall's shoulder with one hit, I mean i'm not using this one thing to say he's still feared but he just is. He's a scary, intimidating person and player and he uplifts his defense. Teammates answer to him and opponents fear him, bottomline. With that being said, he won't be the main reason we can't run on Baltimore(i think we can) but if we have a hard time, Haloti Ngata will be a big a part of that as anyone. Anyways, all i was trying to do was give my perspective on the game, i have no journalism experience, just scouting. I hope everyone else enjoys the article and go Steelers!