PDA

View Full Version : Suggs less certain about shoulder injury; other injury news

steelers4life66
01-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Could be a big help to the Steelers if Suggs doesn't play.
I thought for sure Ravens Pro Bowl outside linebacker Terrell Suggs would play against the Steelers (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravensnotes13jan13,0,6066504.story) Sunday night, but not after the interview we conducted with him on Fox Sports 1370-AM Monday.
Suggs said with confidence after the Titans game that his sprained shoulder would not keep him out of the AFC championship game, but wasn't as certain during the interview. Suggs also said he might have to wear a brace or harness -- similar to the one former Raven Peter Boulware used to wear -- if he played. He also said he had confidence in his replacement, Edgar Jones.
Unfortunately for the Ravens, you can't replace a Suggs. Not only is he the best pass rusher on the team, but he brings a lot of energy to the huddle and to the team.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/01/terrell_suggs_1.html

ejsteeler
01-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Wouldn't break my heart if he didn't play. :clap:

steelers4life66
01-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Wouldn't break my heart if he didn't play. :clap:
If he does play hes going to be wearing a brace so wouldn't look for him to be 100%. They also said reed has a neck injury so he'll be shying away from any hard hits.

TampaSteelGirl
01-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I hate that fat F*CK!! It's just a ploy, please tell me that guy would ever miss an opportunity to play the Steelers for Super Bowl!! Does anyone really think he won't play!??? He's all crap, that idiot will play! I wanna see Hines jack up Ed Reed though!!!!
I want them to play with ALL of their players so their isn't ONE reason to hear why they lost!! I want to beat them at their best!!! :tt02: No excuses!!!

steelers4life66
01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
I hate that fat F*CK!! It's just a ploy, please tell me that guy would ever miss an opportunity to play the Steelers for Super Bowl!! Does anyone really think he won't play!??? He's all crap, that idiot will play! I wanna see Hines jack up Ed Reed though!!!!
I want them to play with ALL of their players so their isn't ONE reason to hear why they lost!! I want to beat them at their best!!! :tt02: No excuses!!!
I don't like him ether, think he's dirty. I'm sure hell play but I do think it will be with a brace and he'll not be 100%. And I hope someone finishes riping that should apart.:grin1:

Dean Denton
01-13-2009, 01:28 PM
He's faking it. Even if he was hurt he wouldn't really say anything. The Ravens want us to think he's playing. Most of all, Ben. That guy takes cheap shot after cheap short on Ben. Bastard....

LatrobePA
01-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I hate him too, best place for him is in my chipper shedder!!

He'll play, count on that...He's a big gummed POS!

Dean Denton
01-13-2009, 01:37 PM
I hate him too, best place for him is in my chipper shedder!!

He'll play, count on that...He's a big gummed POS!Chipper sounds about right...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Suggs is as big a douchebag as friggin Bart Scott..both of them cheap shot artists and the first ones to back up Gay Ray and Ed Reed when they start whining about something. I hope they all run out of the tunnel and break their necks! I hate them all!

Steel Trap86
01-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I hope he plays!! I want this ****ing chump playing in his shoulder brace just like the one him and sugar ray put on rashard mendenhall. Putting bounties on Hines Ward, talking all that smack, I want suggs in this game it is only fitting!!!! Shut that guys face right up.

:cope:

blackngold29
01-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Suggs is as big a douchebag as friggin Bart Scott..both of them cheap shot artists and the first ones to back up Gay Ray and Ed Reed when they start whining about something. I hope they all run out of the tunnel and break their necks! I hate them all!

Lol, do I sense some respect for Reed? He's the only one you didn't call gay or friggin. Though as much as I hate him, he is probably the SECOND best safety in the league...I hope we break his legs.:helmet:

Mark B.
01-13-2009, 07:30 PM
It is amazing how "hard" these ratbirds really are when they start thinking of laying out during the championship game. It is typical raven bullsh%$t tough talk. This could be the last chance the LB corps in balto could play at this level. There are no new developments in the Lewis, Scott, or Suggs contract negotiations and Suggs is talking about confidence in his backup? Top Gun you are correct...what a douche! Typical rat turd bulls^%t!

HUNT4SEVEN
01-13-2009, 08:46 PM
They said on the radio that the fag would play only in an liminted role like 3rd downs:yesnod:, i don't care who the Rats play we have to kick the sh** out of the Rats,:rant2:WE are the better team an sunday we will prove it:yellowthumb: GO STEELERS!!!!:tt02:

ARKIESTEEL
01-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Player Status Injury
T. Suggs DE Day-to-Day Sprained right shoulder
A. Barnes LB Out Chest
J. Bannan DT Questionable Foot
T. Heap TE Questionable Back
J. Johnson LB Questionable Calf
D. Mason WR Questionable Shoulder
E. Reed S Questionable Knee, illness
S. Rolle CB Questionable Thigh
M. Stover K Questionable Right ankle
F. Washington CB Questionable Neck

looking at the Ravens injury report and it lists reed as having a knee problem and being ill. Does anyone know how bad he is sick?

Just wondering

Prosdo
01-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Wow that's a lot of injuries. Didn't hear about him being sick. I'm sure he'll be fine before Sunday.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2009, 09:02 AM
The entire team is beat up after that game against the Titans but Im sure most of them will play on Sunday.

JensK
01-14-2009, 09:10 AM
You can be certain that all Questionable will play sunday. Suggs will most likely play aswell.

Stairwayto7
01-14-2009, 09:37 AM
They`ll play! Then they will have plenty of time to heal after thier loss! Months off!

ejsteeler
01-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Both teams will field all starters, I have no doubt. The team that keeps them in all game will be the team that wins. I have alot of confidence in our backups but both of these teams are too good to go at each other with backups. Having said that, I can't wait to see most of that list limping off the field as we trounce them!!!! :yesnod: :cope:

I love using "trounce" in a sentence, don't you? :lol:

Roadkill
01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
sounds like ratbirds cookin up a reason for loss come sunday

Stlrs4Life
01-14-2009, 09:59 AM

I hear ya TG. I bet he plays.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Suggs and Scott can both go eat a d*ck and choke!!! I have to say i have always been a Ray-Lew fan and an Ed Reed fan... i dont care how much heat i'll undoubtably take for saying that!!! But Suggs WILL play!!! And He and Scoot will both take as many late hits/cheap shots as they can!!!! And Johnson is like the little brother that wants to do everything his big bros. do (ie: his late hit on Holmes,Nate or Ward that kept a crucial drive going)

Really im suprised to see the McClain isnt on that injury list... He gimped his big *** off the field atleast 3 times in that game last week. Either way unless someone cant walk, they're gonna be dressed for this one!!!

JensK
01-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Suggs and Scott can both go eat a d*ck and choke!!! I have to say i have always been a Ray-Lew fan and an Ed Reed fan... i dont care how much heat i'll undoubtably take for saying that!!! But Suggs WILL play!!! And He and Scoot will both take as many late hits/cheap shots as they can!!!! And Johnson is like the little brother that wants to do everything his big bros. do (ie: his late hit on Holmes,Nate or Ward that kept a crucial drive going)

Really im suprised to see the McClain isnt on that injury list... He gimped his big *** off the field atleast 3 times in that game last week. Either way unless someone cant walk, they're gonna be dressed for this one!!!

Yeah.. However, seeing that Suggs won't be 100% gives us an advantage. He will most likely be lined up on our blind site where Starks is, and there is no way in hell that Starks can take care of him a whole game, when Suggs is 100 %. But he is not. So that really gives us the edge there. I could see Ravens blitzing alot with their CBs this sunday to help Suggs out.

Stairwayto7
01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I agree with Jensk, we will probably have a TE on that side when he is in!

JensK
01-15-2009, 03:23 AM
Injury update

Baltimore backup linebacker Antwan Barnes (shoulder) is out. Ravens who did not practice yesterday were defensive tackle Justin Bannan (foot), receiver Mark Clayton (thigh), linebacker Jarret Johnson (calf), receiver Derrick Mason (knee), running back Le'Ron McClain (ankle), cornerback Smari Rolle (thigh) and linebacker Terrell Suggs (shoulder). Tight end Todd Heap (back), linebacker Ray Lewis (shoulder), running back Lorenzo Neal (shoulder) and safety Ed Reed (knee) were limited in practice.

Two Steelers did not practice because of injuries, center Justin Hartwig (knee) and safety Troy Polamalu (calf).

steelers4life66
01-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Injury update

Baltimore backup linebacker Antwan Barnes (shoulder) is out. Ravens who did not practice yesterday were defensive tackle Justin Bannan (foot), receiver Mark Clayton (thigh), linebacker Jarret Johnson (calf), receiver Derrick Mason (knee), running back Le'Ron McClain (ankle), cornerback Smari Rolle (thigh) and linebacker Terrell Suggs (shoulder). Tight end Todd Heap (back), linebacker Ray Lewis (shoulder), running back Lorenzo Neal (shoulder) and safety Ed Reed (knee) were limited in practice.

I was looking at that earlier it's a big list. Hope it stays that way.

LatrobePA
01-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Back-ups worry me as much as starters! Remember the Titans rookie LB 3.5 sacks!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Just heard Rolle will most likely miss the game with his groin injury, Suggs still a game time decision but we all know he's going to play. Max Starks was on serious saying he expects Suggs to be out there and play like he always does so this whole BS about Suggs injury doesn't fool anybody. Regardless of how bad he is or isn't hurt we're expecting him to play.

Steel Trap86
01-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Ya I agree I think Suggs is leading on a little too much, with his shoulder in the brace and the whole sucky attitude about not being able to play. He'll be playing, whether its limited or full game he'll be out there. I wouldnt want it any other way!

Dean Denton
01-16-2009, 01:23 PM
If thuggs misses this game its because he fears Fast Willie Parker and doesn't want to get smashed by him on a block.....lol

Ray Ray
01-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Ya I agree I think Suggs is leading on a little too much, with his shoulder in the brace and the whole sucky attitude about not being able to play. He'll be playing, whether its limited or full game he'll be out there. I wouldnt want it any other way!

Yea he is absolutely playing, the whole acting performance is pretty funny if you ask me. See the video attached to this article, I love how he starts "lets hurry up and get this over with so I can get some more treatment" http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.suggs16jan16,0,2152551.story

T-Sizzle is not going to be winning any golden globes any time soon.

SteelCurtainYinzer
01-16-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't think Suggs is faking his injury....as a matter of fact I really don't think he'll play. He might dress but it would be as a last resort. From what I heard is that his shoulder needs surgery.

JensK
01-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Actually (does not surprice anyone) i believe that NFL has a rule that forbiddens players to fake injuries and such. Obviously they could never actually enforce this rule since who are they to judge whether it hurts or not, but still.. Its pretty low-class by Suggs imo. Just say it as it is. Its not like it matters? As long as there is a slight chance he'll play, the Steelers will have a gameplan ready for him.

Miller83
01-16-2009, 02:52 PM
I think all the Ravens are dirty. I'd like to see Hines break Suggs's leg and see his tears when he cries!

Ray Ray
01-16-2009, 02:57 PM
I was looking at that earlier it's a big list. Hope it stays that way.

The list has been big and our practices limited about the past 8 weeks. Everyone will play and play to the same level they have been except Rolle who is definitely out with a torn groin, he won't even play in Tampa should we make it that far.

--- Added 1/16/2009 at 01:57 PM ---

I don't think Suggs is faking his injury....as a matter of fact I really don't think he'll play. He might dress but it would be as a last resort. From what I heard is that his shoulder needs surgery.

When you say from what you've heard do you mean you have an inside source or just based on the articles you have been reading? I know one article said the MRI revealed extensive damage, but I put more weight on an inside source from our board and the MASN article saying Ravens players were cracking up during the Suggs interview where he was really down in the dumps.

Just curious.

BR7
01-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Boy.. post up some more Suggs videos.. I love how sharp and witty he is!!

101.. uhhh.. whadda you mean.. uhhhh...