PDA

View Full Version : Extra Draft Pick for Faneca??

Thomas_43
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
I saw in a post in this section that said we are to receive an extra draft pick from the Jets for them signing Faneca. I was just curious where you got your information because i've been searching everywhere(prolly not looking hard enough), and I cannot find anything about this. If you could reply with a link or even just let me know where ya got the info, It would be much appreciated. Thanks

AZ_Steeler
01-13-2009, 12:45 AM
The comp picks won;t be determined until the NFL meeting in March or so... Right now I believe it's just speculation.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2009, 03:40 PM
It would sure be nice to get one for him leaving, he was a 1st round pick after all.

jpele
01-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm not certain,but we should get a 3rd round pick for Alan.

steelcityrockers
01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
You only get 3rd round and below for comp picks. As far as I can remember we signed no one other than Hartwig, and Faneca made the pro bowl...5th round sounds about right.

ejsteeler
01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
I too thought I remembered hearing about the Jets giving us a pick based on his playing % and/or performance but I can't find anything so, it's probably just wishful thinking.

BlackGold4vr
01-14-2009, 10:35 AM
I too thought I remembered hearing about the Jets giving us a pick based on his playing % and/or performance but I can't find anything so, it's probably just wishful thinking.

Compensatory draft picks do not come from the team that signed the free agent. These are just extra picks thrown out to teams that suffer from losing their most talented players to free agency. Don't confuse a trade with free agency. New York owes us nothing. They were simply willing to pay one of our players at a rate we chose not to. Their punishment is paying an aging veteran a salary that he might not be worth on the back end of that contract he signed. We signed a couple of free agents ourselves. I believe Keyaron Fox was also a free agent and of course there was Justin Hartwig. If the number of free agents signed equals the same number lost then you don't get any compensatory draft picks. I believe we lost one more than we gained so we should receive a compensatory pick although there is no guarantee of what round it will be in. There is some complicated formula used by the NFL front office to determine what round these picks will be in. We will find out somewhere around March or April. :yesnod:

ejsteeler
01-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Compensatory draft picks do not come from the team that signed the free agent. These are just extra picks thrown out to teams that suffer from losing their most talented players to free agency. Don't confuse a trade with free agency. New York owes us nothing. They were simply willing to pay one of our players at a rate we chose not to. Their punishment is paying an aging veteran a salary that he might not be worth on the back end of that contract he signed. We signed a couple of free agents ourselves. I believe Keyaron Fox was also a free agent and of course there was Justin Hartwig. If the number of free agents signed equals the same number lost then you don't get any compensatory draft picks. I believe we lost one more than we gained so we should receive a compensatory pick although there is no guarantee of what round it will be in. There is some complicated formula used by the NFL front office to determine what round these picks will be in. We will find out somewhere around March or April. :yesnod:

Appreciate that. I must confusing it with something else. All good now. :yellowthumb:

jpele
01-14-2009, 11:01 AM
You only get 3rd round and below for comp picks. As far as I can remember we signed no one other than Hartwig, and Faneca made the pro bowl...5th round sounds about right.

The criteria for comp picks are:

1. Playing time, Faneca played every game.
2. Contract,not sure were it rates but its up there near the top
3. Post season awards, again Faneca is going to the Pro Bowl.

That equals a 3rd round pick. We'll see if I'm correct shortly.

ejsteeler
01-14-2009, 11:23 AM

I believe this is what I was thinking of......

K Train
01-14-2009, 05:16 PM
pretty sure it is projected to be a 3rd

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I have read multiple times we should get a third for Faneca.........But I guess we will have to see.......We will get an extra pick for sure.....

Thomas_43
01-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the Info guys. Much appreciated.

steelcityrockers
01-16-2009, 09:21 PM

Also takes into account your teams free agent signings and their play. We got Hartwig wh played every snap.