PDA

View Full Version : This made me even more proud to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan!!

TampaSteelGirl
01-12-2009, 02:22 PM
So i'm listening to the Red Zone on Sirius while working and they are talking about our beloved Steelers and the game yesterday. They are talking about what a selfless team we are, they were commenting on how impressive Heath Miller was yesterday in blocking for the running game and same with Santonio Holmes. They were saying that it's one team where our receivers aren't just yelling "throw the ball to me" they are saying "you go down field and i'm going to block for you" and saying that wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers uniform means you do whatever you are asked to do. They liked how every player goes beyond what their position is, Santonio, Heath, Hines all blocking and how great our Offensive Line did yesterday. They were impressed how we work together as a team and not as individuals. I was so proud to hear that, it gave me chills!!! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Im listening to the red zone too right now, I heard them talking about it and it definitely makes you proud to be a fan of a team that year in and year out stays competitive and brings in players that are selfless and team first guys.

LarryNJ
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
It has been like that forever and will remain that way as long as the Rooneys own it. That is why we have the largest fan base in the NFL!

Do things the right way and everything seems to work out well!

memphissteelergirl
01-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Im listening to the red zone too right now, I heard them talking about it and it definitely makes you proud to be a fan of a team that year in and year out stays competitive and brings in players that are selfless and team first guys.

:plus1:

Monrozombi
01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
The Steelers organization = class :imho:

lloydfan4life
It has been like that forever and will remain that way as long as the Rooneys own it. That is why we have the largest fan base in the NFL!

Do things the right way and everything seems to work out well!

I was just going to say the same thing. The Rooneys are a class act, and teams take on the personality of the owners.

ejsteeler
That's why we love 'em and why Steeler Nation is so huge. Definately feels good to hear other people talk that way and figuring out what we already knew.... :yellowthumb: :cope:

BlitzburghNation
01-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Heard the samething on the redzone,,,,,,:bigthumb:

if we play like this next week,,,we'll beat the crap outta them rats !

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2009, 02:57 PM
They seem to also go against the grain of the NFL when looking for coaches and coordinators too. Every time they need a coach they don't just go out and hire the popular guy from another team, they do their research and find the guy that will fit into their team instead of trying to fit their team into a different guy.

Dean Denton
01-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Funny, but when your seven years old you dont know those thing. I guess I'm lucky Steeler nation chose me to be apart of the family. They pick and chose who they want as fans, and they came to me that late after noon on 01/20/1980, and changed my life forever....Wouldn't want it any other way....

TampaSteelGirl
01-12-2009, 03:13 PM
They seem to also go against the grain of the NFL when looking for coaches and coordinators too. Every time they need a coach they don't just go out and hire the popular guy from another team, they do their research and find the guy that will fit into their team instead of trying to fit their team into a different guy.

Exactly!! From players to coaches, they don't go and pick up the high dollar player or coach, they do their research and find the guy that will fit the organization and be around for the long haul. Seems the Rooneys are smart and dont' want players who want to play in Pittsburgh for a long time. Seems most want to make a career playing in Pittsburgh. Who wouldn't???? Love the post TG!!!:tt02:

AZ_Steeler
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Hearing those qualities of the team sounds like the rub off on to the fans because they sound like other Steelers fans I know including myself :D

steelersgal86
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
That is so true..we were saying that yesterday about different players...like look at hines block and look at bens...it was awesome...:tt02:

Steelers7fan
01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Exactly why I love the Steelers and always will. I've been a fan since '72 and I've always felt like the Steelers are always about team first.
It's why we're so respected around the league.

memphissteelergirl
01-12-2009, 04:19 PM
... and teams take on the personality of the owners.

That explains a lot about the Cowgirls, doesn't it? :greengrin:

ejsteeler
01-12-2009, 04:22 PM
That explains a lot about the Cowgirls, doesn't it? :greengrin:

:rofl: and the clowns and the bungals and......

SteelerBee43
01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
From what I have seen and read about the Steelers ever since Blitz and I were dating and got me watchin football,they have never been a team that needed or desired glitzy bling bling players.If a player runs his mouth when he should'nt he's desclipined,if you break the law,,,suspended or gone...and they have shown time and time again there no "I" in team...they win or lose as a team...:steelerssign:

HUNT4SEVEN
01-12-2009, 09:26 PM
That's why i love my Steelers:tt02:, seriously i love that team first attitude we have:yesnod:

dawgs
01-13-2009, 01:39 PM
So i'm listening to the Red Zone on Sirius while working and they are talking about our beloved Steelers and the game yesterday. They are talking about what a selfless team we are, they were commenting on how impressive Heath Miller was yesterday in blocking for the running game and same with Santonio Holmes. They were saying that it's one team where our receivers aren't just yelling "throw the ball to me" they are saying "you go down field and i'm going to block for you" and saying that wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers uniform means you do whatever you are asked to do. They liked how every player goes beyond what their position is, Santonio, Heath, Hines all blocking and how great our Offensive Line did yesterday. They were impressed how we work together as a team and not as individuals. I was so proud to hear that, it gave me chills!!! :tt02:

Thats the great thing about the steleers. They all play together. not for stats, but for wins. Something I wish my team would do.

TampaSteelGirl
01-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Thats the great thing about the steleers. They all play together. not for stats, but for wins. Something I wish my team would do.

Give it sometime Dawgs, you guys will develop some good leadership there. I do feel bad that you guys had such a hard year. As much as we razz you, it's hard to see your team so broken. I think Brady Quinn will have a better year next year and hopefully the draft will be good to you. It's good that you are such a true fan to your team though, as much crap as we give you I myself appreciate the passion you have for your team, don't ever give that up. Good Luck next season and hang in there!

ejsteeler
01-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Give it sometime Dawgs, you guys will develop some good leadership there. I do feel bad that you guys had such a hard year. As much as we razz you, it's hard to see your team so broken. I think Brady Quinn will have a better year next year and hopefully the draft will be good to you. It's good that you are such a true fan to your team though, as much crap as we give you I myself appreciate the passion you have for your team, don't ever give that up. Good Luck next season and hang in there!

Oh great, you're encouraging him.... :evilshake:
Ha, j/k. :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Oh great, you're encouraging him.... :evilshake:
Ha, j/k. :lol:

Oh come on now, can imagine how he feels? Seriously. The guy has a ton of passion for his team..

ejsteeler
01-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh come on now, can imagine how he feels? Seriously. The guy has a ton of passion for his team..

Well, I said I was just kidding (j/k)....and no, I can't imagine how he feels. Even when we tanked it through the 80's we weren't as bad as the clowns.... :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
01-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, I said I was just kidding (j/k)....and no, I can't imagine how he feels. Even when we tanked it through the 80's we weren't as bad as the clowns.... :lol:

Well this is very true...:grin1: