PDA

View Full Version : Carey Davis is a wasted roster space ...

Iron City South
01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Honest to Christ ... why is this guy on the team? .... More importantly, how did he make the team? I'm convinced that he has nude pics of Rooney's daughter or something. Every damn time they waste a play on this guy he's either a yard or two short or he screws the play up all together by missing his assignment. Slow as molassess too ....

This guy needs to be out of here at the end of this year. :yesnod:

K Train
01-11-2009, 10:18 PM
so who is it that you hate? willie or davis? lol

hes a beast on special teams and has come up big for us when we needed him to carry the ball before...hes not exactly holding us back, hes just a body on the team and he plays his role

Iron City South
01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Davis has done nothing for us .... he contributes nothing.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
If we want to run a play for no gain then we most certainly hand it off to Davis. It's a sure fire stop behind the line of scrimmage or run up in the middle of the pack and fall down. He drives me nuts too ICS no doubt, that handoff at the goal line was a disaster in the making from the time it was snapped.

Troyisabeast_43
01-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Davis has done nothing for us .... he contributes nothing.

I agree he is a total load. And for the Steelers offense to keep throwing him the ball on the 3rd and shorts when he couldnt even pick up 1 or 2 yards, and then come back and have the nerve to put their faith in Davis to get in the end zone on 4th down with the knockout punch in the game on the line was just insane thinking and play-calling by Arians and Tomlin. Mewelde Moore gets the tough yards on the check downs and on the dump offs especially on 3rd and shorts. And here both times when they needed 3rd and shorts to extend key drives they go to put Davis in and throw to him instead of Mewelde Moore I just didnot for the life of me understand that at all...

DIESELMAN
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I agree he is a total load. And for the Steelers offense to keep throwing him the ball on the 3rd and shorts when he couldnt even pick up 1 or 2 yards, and then come back and have the nerve to put their faith in Davis to get in the end zone on 4th down with the knockout punch in the game on the line was just insane thinking and play-calling by Arians and Tomlin. Mewelde Moore gets the tough yards on the check downs and on the dump offs especially on 3rd and shorts. And here both times when they needed 3rd and shorts to extend key drives they go to put Davis in and throw to him instead of Mewelde Moore I just did not for the life of me understand that at all...
To me thats disrespecting the talent we have in the guys who can get it done.....:helmet:

Koopa
01-11-2009, 10:58 PM
so who is it that you hate? willie or davis? lol

hes a beast on special teams and has come up big for us when we needed him to carry the ball before...hes not exactly holding us back, hes just a body on the team and he plays his role

a beast on special teams?? i hope you don't mean as a returner, if you do, you are dead to me........ davis is a waste of life

jpele
01-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I believe he may be Arians illegitimate child.

K Train
01-11-2009, 11:08 PM
a beast on special teams?? i hope you don't mean as a returner, if you do, you are dead to me........ davis is a waste of life

no, as a tackler hes always been really good on special teams.

hes not holding us back so i dont see it as an issue

HUNT4SEVEN
01-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Davis is an waste of space, on special teams he's just another body:tt02:, i don't thinks he makes this roster next year:yesnod:

popstaala
01-12-2009, 12:53 AM
davis is weak... end of story

V_83
01-12-2009, 12:53 AM

Well I don't really know whether or not he's a waste of life, but I have NEVER understood why we use him as a returner on kick returns. Although I like him in other situations, I'm not really sure why we use Russel either. I thought we brought in Moore to return punts and kicks?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2009, 01:02 AM
no, as a tackler hes always been really good on special teams.

hes not holding us back so i dont see it as an issue

He is a decent ST in terms of coverage I'll give you that but that's it man. He's not a good lead blocker most of the time, he can't catch out of the backfield and we all know he can't run with it either. I would really like to see Tomlin address the FB position at some point next year in the offseason.