PDA

View Full Version : Had a thought about Ravens going to SB and heres why...

TampaSteelGirl
01-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I had a sick feeling in my stomach yesterday watching the Ravens win over the #1 seed Titans and I'll tell you why. First of all Ravens are the #6 seed, so were we in 2006, we beat the top seeds as well, all on the road, so far they won on the road. Our road to the Super Bowl was a fairytale...beating everyone at the top on the road, I felt it was fate for the Steelers to win the SB in 2006. I have this sick feeling in my stomach and see the Ravens doing the same, seems the Ravens are working their arses to get to SB and are for the most part consistant, we however, are not consistent and are winning thanks to our Defense, can't seem to score offensively, I'm not saying Flacco is making the biggest plays but they just seem way too consistent...I hate to say it, I just hate to say it!!! But I just can't help feel it deep in my stomach. Does anyone else feel a little worried about the Ravens? I mean they have to get thru next week, hard game but they did make the Titans look pretty bad yesterday. Just something I felt while watching the game. I have faith in us but worry Ben is going to struggle today. I hope i'm totally wrong! I will be cheering our STeelers on today. :tt02:

yinzer
01-11-2009, 03:27 PM
not the time or the place to post something like this. we're about to play in about an hour and you're talking about the ravens?? have some faith.

somebody delete this mess please.

TampaSteelGirl
01-11-2009, 03:35 PM
not the time or the place to post something like this. we're about to play in about an hour and you're talking about the ravens?? have some faith.

somebody delete this mess please.

Excuse me but you don't need to delete my thread. It's a free country last time I heard. I"m just making a comment. Ravens are playing to definately win, we need to play the best football we've ever played! It's a fact! I have faith as I posted at the end. If you didn't like the post...don't read it or respond. What do the Ravens have to do with us playing in about an hour? I just thought it was funny how they are going is exactly what happened to us, it's nothing negative, just an observation.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Just remember we're 2-0 against the Ravens this year. If the Steelers win today then I really like their chances in Pittsburgh against the Ravens. I like them alot better then if the Steelers had to travel to Nashville to face the Titans instead. Jeff Fisher coached teams always play us tough.

TampaSteelGirl
01-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I know we can beat the Ravens again for sure, just makes me nervous how their story is looking a little like ours in 2006. Kind of thought of that and it made me sick to my stomach. I think if our offense straightens up there isn't a team we can't beat. We can beat everyone. We just really need to bring the best football ever this next couple weeks. :yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I know we can beat the Ravens again for sure, just makes me nervous how their story is looking a little like ours in 2006. Kind of thought of that and it made me sick to my stomach. I think if our offense straightens up there isn't a team we can't beat. We can beat everyone. We just really need to bring the best football ever this next couple weeks. :yesnod:

I understand your point about the Ravens. The Eagles just made the conference title game to as the 6th seed. Both 6th seeds in each conference in their respective title games. I just like the fact if the Steelers win today then they play in Pittsburgh for the AFC title. I know I our past track record in AFC title games in Pittsburgh since 1994. But that was under Coach Cowher. I really think we're going to the Super Bowl. I believe in this team. For me to believe is saying something....:lol:

Mark B.
01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
These number 6 seeds are dangerous. Both are still alive. We did it in 05 too. The worrying will start in about 4-5 hours though. Playing the Ratbirds 3 times this year will be more of a challenge than the theoretical Titans matchup on the road. Those thugs in Baltimore have improved each week this year. Slacco has done pretty well down the stretch. I believe that the dolts do have a slim chance in 20 minutes. Worst case, if the dolts make it through today then the dolts have NO chance against the ratbirds in this POTENTIAL matchup.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Dolts have NO chance against ratbirds, they ain't gonna be playing them !! :tt02:The STEELERS will start kicking some *** in bout 15 minutes !! Let's go boys ,time to strap it on, hide the women and children cause it ain't gonna be pretty !!

HERE WE GO STEELERS,HERE WE GO !!

TampaSteelGirl
01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
I understand your point about the Ravens. The Eagles just made the conference title game to as the 6th seed. Both 6th seeds in each conference in their respective title games. I just like the fact if the Steelers win today then they play in Pittsburgh for the AFC title. I know I our past track record in AFC title games in Pittsburgh since 1994. But that was under Coach Cowher. I really think we're going to the Super Bowl. I believe in this team. For me to believe is saying something....:lol:

LOL!! WellI believe as well,I think its fate to not only go to Super Bowl but win! We looked great tonight! Besides the first game against Houston I think this is the best game offensively we've played all season! Next week will be a brutal game to say the least.

AZ_Steeler
01-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Gotta remember a few things... yes the Steelers did the unthinkable in 2005 to win the Super Bowl (which was played in 06 ;)) but since it took so long for one team to do the unthinkable do you really think another team will do it again so soon?

Also, a team has never went to the Super Bowl with a rookie QB leading the way? So do you think the Ravens can accomplish two historic feats in a single game??? I really like the Steelers chances but it's not on the fake grass stuff the Ravens have :bigthumb:

NCSteeler
01-12-2009, 05:44 AM
F the Ravens. nuff said

TampaSteelGirl
01-12-2009, 10:38 AM
If we play exactly like we did last night we will dominate them! I know we can win, this game just makes me a little nervous but I think we are peaking at the right time! I"m ready for another Steelers Super Bowl but even better since it's in Tampa!!!!:tt02:

ejsteeler
01-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Another wrench to throw in for those that are superstitious, the Ravens last SB win was in Tampa.........

TampaSteelGirl
01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Another wrench to throw in for those that are superstitious, the Ravens last SB win was in Tampa.........

OMG!!! And guess what! The Eagles are the #6 seed as well!! LOL!!

I know it's crazy even thinking like this but its' just an observation! We will win this game and it may be a PA Super Bowl!!! Of course with the Steelers winning it!! Only team to have 6 SB rings!!! :tt02:

Dean Denton
01-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Gotta remember a few things... yes the Steelers did the unthinkable in 2005 to win the Super Bowl (which was played in 06 ;)) but since it took so long for one team to do the unthinkable do you really think another team will do it again so soon?

Also, a team has never went to the Super Bowl with a rookie QB leading the way? So do you think the Ravens can accomplish two historic feats in a single game??? I really like the Steelers chances but it's not on the fake grass stuff the Ravens have :bigthumb:
I think it can be done over and over again. Giants won as a 6th seed and the Colts won as a fifth. However these Ravens are only good against other teams, not this Steeler team. Remember Bens 5 touch downs against them last year? Well, I think he does it again. We never get to play these bitches twice at home in one season. This is going to be fun. SB XL III here we come. I can feel it now. The Whiz against Tomlin...Who made the right choice???? Who is better Pittsburgh West or Pittsburgh East....lol The hype machine is going to be in full swing for this one.....