PDA

View Full Version : Harrison doesn't like stupid questions...

DIESELMAN
01-10-2009, 07:52 AM
PITTSBURGH — James Harrison may be an all-star linebacker. But he’s not an all-star talker.

He just doesn’t enjoy talking to the media, even when he’s being asked about how well he’s playing for the Steelers.

And when he’s asked a question that he deems “dumb,” well, the NFL’s 2008 Defensive Player of the Year can be downright ornery.

He was at one point Thursday during an interview while talking about Sunday’s playoff game against the San Diego Chargers. He didn’t appreciate fielding questions from a Pittsburgh sportscaster about how the weather might affect Sunday’s game.

Question: “Did you hear the weather forecast for Sunday?”

Harrison: “No.”

Question: “It’s going to be 18 degrees. Coming from San Diego, is that an advantage for you?”

Harrison: “We both have to play in it, so what’s the advantage?”

Question: “But they are practicing in 75 degrees doesn’t that …”

Harrison: “We can go practice in the heated indoor facility so what does that matter? That’s a stupid question. I’m done.”

With that, Harrison walked away from a huge contingent of local and national media types.

Yes, Harrison was right about the Steelers practicing in their indoor facility the past two days. But that field is not heated.

This week in San Diego, several Chargers were asked about the weather. After all, when the Steelers beat the Chargers in Pittsburgh on Nov. 16, it was 35 degrees at kickoff. With snow flurries and 14 mph winds, the wind chill factor was 26 degrees.

It just so happened that Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, who led the NFL this year with a 105.5 passer rating, played his worst game of the year. He threw only for 159 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions and had a 44.4 passer rating, easily his worst performance of the season.

After practice Thursday, Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said that the Steelers don’t mind playing in wintry conditions.

“It’s like a walk in the park for us,” Arians said. “We love it.”

JensK
01-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Priceless! And yes, it was stupid to continue to ask him the same question.

Stairwayto7
01-10-2009, 07:57 AM
I`m with you JH

Prosdo
01-10-2009, 09:05 AM
It is a pretty dumb question. I would kind of expect a question about his sack totals or how do they feel going into this game.

floodcitygirl
01-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I met him the season before last and he was nice enough....matter of fact...but he joked around with us. Of course there was no media since it was a signing and I sure didn't ask him about the weather. lol

yinzer
01-10-2009, 09:44 AM
i saw that interview... scared the bejesus out of me.

Black n Gold Panties
01-10-2009, 10:18 AM
It's the sports interviewers who think players are morons and ask them stupid questions that **** players off. I can't say as I blame him for walking away.:clap:

steelers4life66
01-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Question: “It’s going to be 18 degrees. Coming from San Diego, is that an advantage for you?”

Harrison: “We both have to play in it, so what’s the advantage?”

Question: “But they are practicing in 75 degrees doesn’t that …”

Harrison: “We can go practice in the heated indoor facility so what does that matter? That’s a stupid question. I’m done.”

With that, Harrison walked away from a huge contingent of local and national media types.
:rofl:Harrison, I love you man!! That is sooo funny!!:hilarious:

ejsteeler
01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Just about every freakin question the media asks is dumb in my mind. "How do you feel", What are you thinking", give me a break. My 7 year old niece asks more insightful questions. :evilshake:

popstaala
01-10-2009, 04:07 PM
harrison is a ****ing media eating beast... they should be scare to interview harrison... the dude dont smile... i bet rivers is having nightmares about harrison

BlitzburghNation
01-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Love it,,,,,,,,Much better to walk away "rather than mouthing off " giving the meda b.s. to run with :clap:
Silverback is Da'man :cope:

tuggysteel822
01-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Quality reply from JH. I would do the same. Why is it they want to pound the same dumb questions at players. One day, somebody is gonna go Ryan Leaf on their *** again lol

HUNT4SEVEN
01-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Great job James the media does ask stupid questions all the time:yesnod: