PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers and Their Fans Act Like Spoiled Brats

AZ_Steeler
10-26-2006, 10:57 AM
http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/25/the-steelers-and-their-fans-act-like-spoiled-brats/

When you are the reigning NFL World Champions, you should carry yourself with a little class and pride. However, after losing in overtime to the Falcons, the Pittsburgh Steelers organization, from the owner to players to the fans has been acting like spoiled brats who can't deal with losing.

The boohooing is all about the false start call that ended regulation play, just before the Steelers were going to attempt a game-winning field goal. Steelers FanHouse writer JJ Cooper did a good post about the complaints, but he didn't delve into the hypocrisy of them. First, though, the quotes:

Steelers Owner Dan Rooney: "These officials should be ashamed of themselves. That last call, you don't call that kind of call."

Steelers Linebacker Larry Foote: "He gets to go home peaceful and lie in his bed after making that stupid-(expletive) call. Ain't no cameras in his face to explain it."

Random Steelers Fans Comments on FanHouse: "The *@#! poor officiating calls seem to trend in favor of the home teams."

OK, forget about what the fans are saying, because that's what fans do. No harm there. But the Steelers as an organization should be ashamed of themselves. This is especially true considering the team made it to, and won the Super Bowl, with quite a few questionable calls in its favor. This kind of whining isn't something you'd expect champions to do. Instead it sounds like something a desperate 2-4 team does.

I'm not a spoiled brat :nono: Are you younz a spolied brat?

House of Steel
10-26-2006, 10:59 AM
I am not a spoiled brat. Who the **** he think he is to call us spoiled brat?

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Anyone got an email for this clown?

AZ_Steeler
10-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Nope... the only thing I know is their username is "TT bOi" but I can't find an email...

BBG7
10-26-2006, 12:35 PM
I have to admit, I am a little bit of a spoiled brat...but not when it comes to football. Although the call was cheap...I think we havce all agreed we shouldn't have put ourselves in that situation of such a close game.

Steelerlyn
10-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Living in Lions country, I tend to "kinda" agree that many Steeeler fans are spoiled. By that I mean simply that we as Steeler fans expect to win and anything less is failure. I see some family, some friends and some co workers
(Lions fans) who would pass out if the Lions won their division. I cannot imagine how they would act if they won something like a playoff game or a Super Bowl. But these people are diehards, they are there every week or in front of their tv, or at a local sportsbar watching their beloved team who has not won anything since the '50's, when they won 2 NFC Championships, however, those were pre Superbowl days so not only have they not won a Superbowl, they have never been in one. Now in 1991, they almost "restored the roar" by winning a franchise-record 12 regular season games. ...Do you still feel like we as Steeler fans are not spoiled? How would any of us feel if we never won?

I have alot of respect for any fan who can hang with a losing team for a lifetime and never really get to experience more than a 12 game winning season.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2006, 05:13 PM
That arse should be strung up !! We aren't spoiled, we just want it called fair for us just like everyone else. If anybody has a right to gripe about bad calls its us after what we went through in the playoffs last year. :cursin:

Koopa
10-26-2006, 08:06 PM
how come no one here complained about the ticky tack calls that were being called on the seahawks??? but complained about the refs the last game???

AZ_Steeler
10-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Because that's what we are suppose to do... we only complain about the calls when they go against the Steelers. I thought you knew that? :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2006, 09:10 PM
The whole post season for every time was some of the worst officiating we've ever seen. Even instant replay couldn't help them, thats the real sad part.

SteelerFan87
10-27-2006, 12:12 AM
There's a difference between pushing off in the endzone for a touchdown and "flinching" on a freaking spike. There's a difference between wrapping your arms around a guy, and being stepped on by a kicker. Also, how do you call roughing the passer in one instance, because a guy knocks down the QB from behind, but you don't call it when the other team's QB get's raped by 3 guys, who play pingpong with his head, using their helmets as the paddles while the 3rd guy takes out his legs? That hit on Ben, without question, should have been roughing the passer based on the way they've been calling it this year and the explanation the NFL gave recently on NFL Network.

And that false start? If Dan Rooney is complaining, you know it's a bad call. Rooney just isn't the kind of guy who whines about stuff.

Captcoolhand
10-27-2006, 07:16 AM
I'm spoiled! I hate when we lose:cursin: No lose no more

AZ_Steeler
10-27-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm spoiled! I hate when we lose:cursin: No lose no more

:hilarious: Pimplydan!!!!! :hilarious:

Inside joke :bigthumb:

Captcoolhand
10-27-2006, 12:33 PM
:hilarious: Pimplydan!!!!! :hilarious:

Inside joke :bigthumb:
You caught that did ya!:lol: :bluelol:

SteelersGirlTN7
10-27-2006, 06:10 PM
I am definitely not a spoiled brat - and I dont think Steelers fans are either. Every fan tends to "whine" a little when their team loses. When you win, there's really nothing to whine about, that's just logical. Plus, I seem to remember a lot of whining going on in February (and maybe it still is somewhere lol). We, Steelers fans, like every other team, just want fair and consistent calls. As previously posted, we should have never put ourselves in the position where we would have to whine about a final call in regulation, BUT, another thing to consider is the 12 or so seconds that came off the clock right before the 2 minute warning, that no one seemed to notice except for us at home. Had those seconds not been lost, then the 10 second runoff would have been a moot point, and Reed would have likely made a good kick, and we would have won! Not making excuses, just trying to make a point!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2006, 06:17 PM
There's a difference between pushing off in the endzone for a touchdown and "flinching" on a freaking spike. There's a difference between wrapping your arms around a guy, and being stepped on by a kicker. Also, how do you call roughing the passer in one instance, because a guy knocks down the QB from behind, but you don't call it when the other team's QB get's raped by 3 guys, who play pingpong with his head, using their helmets as the paddles while the 3rd guy takes out his legs? That hit on Ben, without question, should have been roughing the passer based on the way they've been calling it this year and the explanation the NFL gave recently on NFL Network.

And that false start? If Dan Rooney is complaining, you know it's a bad call. Rooney just isn't the kind of guy who whines about stuff.

:iagree: but the rest of the NFL just doesn't realize how well respected the Rooney's and the Steeler organization is..they seem to think we're just like everyone else that bitches and complains about every little thing but if they stopped and thought about it they'd know better.